Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,216

SuperPeach

I have a question, while you're walking you see a glowing orb thingy that changes color, do the colors mean anything or is it just there?

SuperPeach

Spoony_Tech

Those are foes and if they change colors to red then they have seen you and will follow you. I would not fight my first foe until your party is at least level 8 maybe even 10 to be safe.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

If it is the glowing on the bottom right, when it goes red a monster will soon attack. Blue means nothing is around.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

Oh that glowing orb forgot about that one. Yeah blue means your safe but the more you move the more the color changes to red which means you could be attacked at any moment. Sorry. Good advice for the foes though.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Slapshot

@MERG... what Tech says, because I did that too

@Tech... I noticed this as well. When I used a limit with my Gladiator and my Hoplite the attack would be 99+ and if I connected it to my Gladiator and Monk it would drop down to like 50+ attack damage.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@Tech The power of physical limit breaks like Cross Slash/Mumyouken is determined by the average of the users' STR. The power of magical limit breaks like Hellfire is determined by the average of the users' TEC.

I already mentioned the golden "friendly FOE" a couple pages back.

HolyMackerel wrote:

The golden enemy which can run through walls is the Pasaran. The characters in town talked about it. I killed it once before it ran and got loads of exp.

It doesn't drop any items, it just gives a heck of a load of exp.

I'm on B11F and lvl 35 now and this game is HARD. Not died for a while fortunately because I never use TP thanks to my class selection lol. I'm thinking of retiring my party for the extra stats but I'm not sure if I want to do that since it'll set me back like 15 levels and I'll have to work my way up again. The story is pretty awesome and there are a few unexpected things that happen, but I won't spoil it for anyone.

JayArr wrote:

ProTip: Blue Flowers equal secret shortcut.

THIS DOES NOT LAST FOREVER. D8

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

@H-Mac Go back a page or two and read what I suggested you should do!

MERG said:

HolyMackerel

@Tech101 Oh, write a review for NL? Do they accept reviews from readers?

It's so hard to be objective when reviewing games lol. I'd probably give it an 8.

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Tech101 Oh, write a review for NL? Do they accept reviews from readers?

It's so hard to be objective when reviewing games lol. I'd probably give it an 8.

I'm sure if you offered up your work on monster hunter for them to see and inquire about if anyone is even doing a review who knows it might work out good for you. You seem to have good grammar and and good grasp on the English language so get in one of those chats and see what happens or inquire about joining the team. Of course I don't think they will just let You do a review without some background research though!

MERG said:

HolyMackerel

I don't really have time to do it now but maybe in a few weeks I'll check it out. For all we know they have a reviewer on EO3 right now though.

HolyMackerel

Stuffgamer1

HolyMackerel wrote:

JayArr wrote:

It never happened at all in the first game. I suggest a habit of checking the walls all around as you map new territory. It may get a bit tedious, but it's worth it overall for the shortcuts you can find.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Spoony_Tech

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

JayArr wrote:

It never happened at all in the first game. I suggest a habit of checking the walls all around as you map new territory. It may get a bit tedious, but it's worth it overall for the shortcuts you can find.

Its more tedious in the first game because you can't side step. Side stepping started with the second game.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@SuperPeach So are You enjoying your EO3 experience so far? How far are you?

MERG said:

SuperPeach

@Tech I love it so far! I'm on B2F working on leveling up by fighting FOEs.

SuperPeach

MERG

Question on boat exploration. I now have the item that gives you 8 turns. Are there other items that will give more than 8?

I'm lovin' this game. It's not easy though. My party is all at level 8 and I still can't take down the first FOE encountered!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

HolyMackerel

@Peach You're meant to avoid the FOEs at first! Don't try and fight them or you'll be decimated... or way overleveled for the next areas. They're obstacles you can see so you can avoid them.

@MERG Yeah, there are items which give well over 20 movement turns. You just need to keep exploring.

Currently at B13F, 4th stratum, characters around level 38. The 3rd stratum boss is really hard. D: P.S. Subclasses are so cool! <3

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

HolyMackerel wrote:

P.S. Subclasses are so cool! <3

And when do we get said sub classes? And can any character choose any class.
Still only just touched level 6 so I have a lot of work to do but am at level 22 with some characters and get at least 1500 to 2000 each time out of the stratum. Still kinda stuck on the water. I should have mapped which islands gave me something as You need to face a certain way to activate the action to that island!

Edit: another question. When do the other two classes come into play and what are they plus what skills do they bring to the table.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

HolyMackerel

@Tech 22 is a really high level for B6F lol. You could go down a few floors and be pretty safe.

You get subclasses after you finish the second stratum. Yeah any class can subclass any other class. You have to think really carefully though because you only choose one and it's a permanent choice until you rest/retire the character at the guild. Choosing a subclass doesn't change your stats from the base class but you do get 5 extra skill points immediately!

One of the two classes gets unlocked after the third stratum but not both. The classes are Shogun and Yggdroid. Shogun is a sword user who can wield two swords but has low defense. They can direct the party and have some pretty versatile skills. Yggdroids I don't know much about but they're robots with unique abilities. Apparently they can do instant kills on enemies, even bosses.

Right now my characters are:

FRONT:
Gladiator/Shogun - Damage damage damage! Swords swords swords!
Buccaneer/Ninja - Damage and status
Prince/Farmer - Healing, buff/debuff and TP regen

BACK:
Hoplite/Monk - Defense and self-healing
Farmer/Wildling - Non-combat and support and soon I will have SUMMONS!

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

Sounds great and thanks! I also knew you would say that about my level.. And what's this summons stuff your talking about.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

SuperPeach

@HMack . . . . Umm... Really? Oops. Well, I sorta beat them all on B2F

SuperPeach

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.