Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,161

LzWinky

The Gamepad is staying. End of story

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

I also hear a lot of people saying stuff like "E3 is their last chance!" "This is their last chance!" "Last chance, Nintendo!" As long as Nintendo is still around and supporting the Wii U, no chance is their last chance. Mind you, it's better that they do it sooner than later, but E3 is most certainly not their last chance.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

blaisedinsd

cookiex wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

Pikmin3 and SM3DW can be played with out the gamepad.

Some levels in SM3DW do require the GamePad.

Correct, but there is not actual reason that they NEED to require the gamepad.

Captain toad is mainly using analog sticks. Blowing on the mic is not any funner or more efficient than pressing a button.

The level with touchscreen blocks is cool but those blocks could probably also just move on timers or else simply skip that level if a player doesnt' have a gamepad. big deal.

SM3D world does not need the gamepad. It was the big tent pole system selling game post launch and its use of the gamepad is tacked on and uneccessary and adds nothing to the game. The gamepad exists for Nintendoland mainly and then Game and Wario was the big follow up on gamepad ideas and it feels like half a game because they could not come up with any good ideas for the gamepad.

SW-7087-5868-6390

blaisedinsd

Unca_Lz wrote:

The Gamepad is staying. End of story

I think it should stay too. It should be not be a permanent mandatory requirement however....thats just foolishness at this point.

SW-7087-5868-6390

jariw

blaisedinsd wrote:

jariw wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

4. The gamepadless Wii U

How would that work? How would games like Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Zombie U, Nintendo Land, Game & Wario, Deus Ex, SM3DW (the Toad levels), Affordable Space Adventures be played? Or for games where the player would only get half the gaming experience, like in Rayman Legends or Scram Kitty?

Pikmin 3 without the GamePad (to get the calls from other crew members and SS Drake and the relocation of members, etc) would be like experience 50% of the game.

blaisedinsd wrote:

Rayman Legends can be played with out a gamepad (it is on 360 and PS3).

Playing Rayman Legends without the ability to use the very special co-op would take away any uniqueness of that game. It would just be another Rayman platformer in HD graphics.

blaisedinsd wrote:

90% plus of the Wii U library can be played with out a gamepad either now or with a simple software patch.

...which are games that I'm personally not that fond of playing (with the exception of Tropical Freeze). For example, I'm not that happy with Child of Light - it's a great game at a great price, but its Wii U gameplay integration is bad.

blaisedinsd wrote:

You think you are protecting the Wii U gamepad, you bought it, you raised it, but it is not helping the Wii U now.

I'm not employed at Nintendo and I'm not a shareholder, so it's not my job to help the Wii U. My Wii U stands firmly on the floor without any help, and I have some really great games on it. I seek full, unique gaming experiences, and I'm willing to support developers that tries to provide me with unique gaming experiences. For games where I could get the same experience on any other platform, I would easily play them on any other platform.

jariw

blaisedinsd

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Even if not entire games require the gamepad, the fact that a console without the gamepad would make sections of a game unplayable makes it a REALLY dumb move to release a gamepad-less version of the WiiU.

Actually it doesn't anymore than relasing the action set made Gyromite and Stack up (?) sort of unplayable. Or that parts of Nintendoland are unplayable with out a sold seperately wii motion plus controller. Or that Duckhunt and Hogans alley were ulnplayable with out a light gun. Or that the 3D levels in 3Dland are kind of weird that they tell you to turn 3D on even when playing on a 2DS. Or that the DSi made games that used the GBA slot unplayable. Or that the family Wii broke all the games that used the gamecube controller ports for peripherals uplayable.

SW-7087-5868-6390

blaisedinsd

jariw wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

jariw wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

4. The gamepadless Wii U

How would that work? How would games like Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Zombie U, Nintendo Land, Game & Wario, Deus Ex, SM3DW (the Toad levels), Affordable Space Adventures be played? Or for games where the player would only get half the gaming experience, like in Rayman Legends or Scram Kitty?

Pikmin 3 without the GamePad (to get the calls from other crew members and SS Drake and the relocation of members, etc) would be like experience 50% of the game.

blaisedinsd wrote:

Rayman Legends can be played with out a gamepad (it is on 360 and PS3).

Playing Rayman Legends without the ability to use the very special co-op would take away any uniqueness of that game. It would just be another Rayman platformer in HD graphics.

blaisedinsd wrote:

90% plus of the Wii U library can be played with out a gamepad either now or with a simple software patch.

...which are games that I'm personally not that fond of playing (with the exception of Tropical Freeze). For example, I'm not that happy with Child of Light - it's a great game at a great price, but its Wii U gameplay integration is bad.

blaisedinsd wrote:

You think you are protecting the Wii U gamepad, you bought it, you raised it, but it is not helping the Wii U now.

I'm not employed at Nintendo and I'm not a shareholder, so it's not my job to help the Wii U. My Wii U stands firmly on the floor without any help, and I have some really great games on it. I seek full, unique gaming experiences, and I'm willing to support developers that tries to provide me with unique gaming experiences. For games where I could get the same experience on any other platform, I would easily play them on any other platform.

Great, but shouldn't Nintendo want to make the Wii U appeal to people who don't want the gamepad as well.

Wouldn't Rayman be better for instance if it gave you the option to play just like the 360 and PS3 versions if the player chose to play it that way?

What I don't get is when people who like and enjoy and champion the gamepad think that it must be forced on all who buy a wii u or that allwoing people to enjoy the system with out the gamepad will some how take away from your gamepad Wii U experience.

I have said before, I love the gamepad. I have the gamepad centered games and I love off tv play. I just think the system is better if it gives people options instead of forcing everyone to use a gamepad controller who doesn't want to or need to.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

shingi_70

Not related too Nintendo but rumors about what Microsoft and Sony are showing at E3.

Microsoft
Untitled

Sony
Untitled

he source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Rockstar (with Grand Theft Auto), Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.

(Update: our source followed up saying that he’s actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Ground Theft Auto V on their behalf)

There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.

We’ll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles. PS Vita Vita will get some attention, but not much – as it’ll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.

Most of which can be corrbarted looking at leaks and what I've heard from various Microsoft/Sony brahs on Twitter. This looks like its going to be the best E3 in quite sometime, and this generation is looking more and more like a repeat of the sixith generation where I owned all three consoles.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cookiex

>Ryse 2

Did the first one really sell that well? And for something that wouldn't be out until late 2016 there's no need to announce it this year.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

@DestinyMan

They say Square-Enix will be at the Sony Confrence so expect an update thier.

@Cookiex

It sold pretty well from what I understand and despite bad reviews its become more of a cult hit. i have a buddy who really likes it since its pretty much Call of Duty with swords. While I agree with you, Microsoft is in the same position that Nintendo was last year so going all out is smart. I'm guessing the first ryse will be the free game of the month.

Its enough to make me consider a One before a Wii U. Kind of wishing I would have jump into the One first to trastion to microsoft's eco system but i'll be buying them all and I still have my 360.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Ryno

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110965258&post...

The_Intruder: "Guys, we've got some news about the french guy who has teased about "a new IP which look like bayonetta"
There it is: https://twitter.com/NicoWav/status/464073732894756864
"So I didn't lie to you about the new pokémon game, so stay tuned for the upcoming game only for wiiu, but I guess there will be two more."

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

Ryno wrote:

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110965258&post...

The_Intruder: "Guys, we've got some news about the french guy who has teased about "a new IP which look like bayonetta"
There it is: https://twitter.com/NicoWav/status/464073732894756864
"So I didn't lie to you about the new pokémon game, so stay tuned for the upcoming game only for wiiu, but I guess there will be two more."

...Devil's Third, anyone?

cookiex

Ryno

Possibly, I keep seeing this title pop up everywhere now. In the back of my mind when I see this I hear "wise fwom your gwave" for some reason.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SparkOfSpirit

Rare handling a new Perfect Dark AND Battletoads? Sorry, gonna have to call fake on that.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex

shingi_70

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Rare handling a new Perfect Dark AND Battletoads? Sorry, gonna have to call fake on that.

Why? They've teased a Battletoads revival in the new Kinect Sports games, and by Rare they could mean contracted or with help. Before last years E3 it was rumored Rare was working on Killer Insitcnt when it really meant one person from Rare went over to Double helix to oversee the game. Plus these sorts of leaks tend to have fake information with real info.

Everything else about the leak pretty much either corroborates past leaks or whats known about other new studios or projects.

WAT!

SparkOfSpirit

I don't see them handling both. Especially considering their recent output level.

One I might have accepted, but two? Don't see it.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

shingi_70

@SparkOfSpirit

Well rare is a two team studio irrc. Rivals was their main project, but a downloadable Battletoads wouldn't be out of the realm with PD being the next main game. Like I said before or taking Killer Instinct saying Rare is making the game means nothing. Rare is credited on Killer Insitcnt and they barley had anything to do with the game. Likewise Forza Horizon is considered a Turn 10 game despte being made by Playground games. The Halo top down game from last year was made by Vanguard but in all the rumors and press it said a new game by 343 when all they did was the story stuff to make sure it falls in line with the rest of the timeline.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Rare is essentially a zombie of a studio, dead yet still moving and is best used as this point as a brand name rather than a developer. Killer Instinct is all the proof you need of this.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.