Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 8,361 to 8,380 of 13,108

Astraea

List of anime from the new 2014 season that I've watched this week:

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai Ren: Probably the best, imo, out of the new season so far. Go watch the first season if you haven't; I thought it was one of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen.

Robot Girls Z: Toei's Mazinger Z franchises have been anthropomorphized as a groups of little girls. This weird comedy is divided up into several 5-8 minute anime shorts filled with action and silliness. I thought the first episode was good for the most part, but then it got a little lewd near the end. I'm not sure if this will be an anime worth watching though.

World Conquest Zvezda Plot: An intriguing story about a little girl that conquered the world (at least that's what they said in the first minute). I'll be following this for a while and see how it turns out.

Super Sonico: The Animation: A slice of life anime based on Nitroplus' Super Sonico. There's nothing outstanding about it, but I have to give props to Sonico for promoting the 3DS and the Wii U in the first episode.

Sakura Trick: A yuri themed anime of cute girls doing cute things. I thought it was too boring for my interest, but I'm sure there will be several others who will enjoy watching this.

No-Rin: I'd say the fan service from this anime is going to be pretty high based on what I saw and read in the first episode; that and the main character is a bit of a creep.

Imocho: Don't watch this...

Other series that were carried over from the previous season such as Tokyo Raven's, Kill la Kill, and Log Horizon have been good as well.

Astraea

Jmaster49

Has anyone seen PowerPuff Girls Z?
Untitled

Jmaster49 on YouTube
Catgirls are beautiful creatures that need to be respected and loved, especially by human males. Do everyone a favor and keep kitty girls alive.

CanisWolfred

Astraea wrote:

World Conquest Zvezda Plot: An intriguing story about a little girl that conquered the world (at least that's what they said in the first minute). I'll be following this for a while and see how it turns out.

Well, at least they're something we have in common. ^_^; Not interested in stuff like Noragami or Hamatora?

Astraea wrote:

Imocho: Don't watch this...

Don't have to tell me twice. The trailer alone was seriously unsettling.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Bought the first two volumes of Saturn Apartments. Hope they're good quality since I found them cheap.
While I wait to get them in the mail I think I'll start watching Space Dandy. I was thinking of checking out NO-RIN but probably won't after seeing people's impressions. I have to see what's coming out for this spring, I have no idea.

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Bought the first two volumes of Saturn Apartments. Hope they're good quality since I found them cheap.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

While I wait to get them in the mail I think I'll start watching Space Dandy.

...There are only two episodes, though. :/ I dunno if that'll be able to hold you over the whole time...

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I was thinking of checking out NO-RIN but probably won't after seeing people's impressions.

Personally, the idea of an idol retiring to be a farmer sounds more than a little farfetch'd, even by anime standards. I can see how an anime like Silver Spoon would be interesting, but I just can't see a former singer/model wanting to go out and shovel manure. Maybe it's just prejudice...or maybe it's just because I know people who live on farms...

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I have to see what's coming out for this spring, I have no idea.

http://www.animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251212

There you go.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

V8_Ninja

I finally finished my write-up for my top anime of 2013. You can see my awards right here.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Jmaster49

Has anyone seen this anime?
Untitled

Jmaster49 on YouTube
Catgirls are beautiful creatures that need to be respected and loved, especially by human males. Do everyone a favor and keep kitty girls alive.

CanisWolfred

@V8_Ninja - I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into those. I really do. It's just too bad I haven't seen any of those shows so I could talk about them with you. :/

Jmaster49 wrote:

Has anyone seen this anime?
Power Puff Girls Z

I hope to god no one has.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CrimsonFire

@V8_Ninja I watched the first 2 episode of Sunday Without God and i just stopped there, it sounded like a interesting anime, but i just wasn't what i was hoping for, and i didn't like the art style too, so there's that.

I thought the first opening of AoT was better than the second and loved the second ending

GuSolarFlare

after watching the first episode of Nisekoi I think I'll stick to the manga, there's something in the anime that didn't feel as good as the manga, though I might still give the anime a chance when more episodes are out.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

V8_Ninja

Let's talk about three new shows of the Winter 2014 season;

• World Conquest Zvezda Plot (Episode 1): I honestly expected this to be a straight-up comedy, but it seems that the series is actually going somewhere if the first few bizarrely atmospheric minutes are to be believed. And honestly, I'm all up for that; I'm far more willing to watch a truly surreal series than unique comedy. Hopefully A-1 Pictures can keep that surrealism present throughout every episode and deliver on it by the end of the show's run.
  • D-Frag! (Episode 2): I expected a video game-centric comedy and what I'm getting is a comedy without the video game part. Granted, I support the series continuing to do what it has been, as the actual comedy present is pretty good, but I'm not getting that flavor I was anticipating. And in a way, the story can never really have that flavor thanks to a specific plot development. It's a shame, but I'll still stick with this series for the time being.
  • Nobunagun (Episode 1): I know I haven't seen what the rest of Winter has to offer, but I'm calling it anyway; Nobunagun is the most stupidly glorious anime of the season. There are so many flaws within the first episode, yet the show indirectly comments on them and purposefully portrays them as over-the-top and ridiculous. I absolutely love it and I want to watch more.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CanisWolfred

V8_Ninja wrote:

• Nobunagun (Episode 1): I know I haven't see what the rest of Winter has to offer, but I'm calling it anyway; Nobunagun is the most stupidly glorious anime of the season.

You haven't see Nobunaga the Fool yet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

No one knows of this particular magical girl anime......
Untitled

Creamy Mami? I know some people who won't shut up about it ever since it popped up on Anime Sols. It's supposed to be one of the earliest examples of Magical Girl anime, IIRC.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

The Final Batch of new anime has been Watched:

Tonari no Seki-Kun: The Master of Killing Time - I saw two episodes of this, and so far I like this. It's so absurd how complex his games get and how much his seat neighbor reacts to what's going on.

Wizard Barristars ep. 1 - This was kind of boring I guess, but it's still interesting and had a lot going on, if that makes sense. I dunno. I'll watch a few episodes and see where it goes.

Buddy Complex ep. 1 - I really don't know what to make of this right now. We'll see where it goes, but it has...Time travel. That's almost never a good thing.

Oh, and I watched more Noragami and Nobunaga the Fool. They're quickly becoming my favorites of the season.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

We'll see where it goes, but it has...Time travel. That's almost never a good thing.

Your opinions are terrible and you should feel terrible.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

We'll see where it goes, but it has...Time travel. That's almost never a good thing.

Your opinions are terrible and you should feel terrible.

No really, a Time Travel story is so easy to mess up its not even funny, and while it's not clear yet, it's looking like plot holes are already starting to show here.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Marks

I've only watched the first episode of Chuunibyou Ren for this season's anime. I think I'm going to watch a few other anime titles, and catch up on some must-watch stuff/ last season titles.
I recently finished 2 anime titles, Tamako Market and Shangri-la.
I would recommend Tamako Market but it's not for everyone, and most people don't like it. I personally found it to be way better than K-on.
Stay away from Shangri-la. I only watched it because a classmate recommended it, and while some of the story ideas were absolutely great, the planning and pacing were sloppy. Characters are cliched, and not in a good way

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

• Nobunagun (Episode 1): I know I haven't see what the rest of Winter has to offer, but I'm calling it anyway; Nobunagun is the most stupidly glorious anime of the season.

You haven't see Nobunaga the Fool yet.

looks like Nobunagas are dominating this season!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic