Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 13,021 to 13,040 of 13,106

kkslider5552000

I've never bothered with Fate, partially because looks at other anime existing but also because it just seems like a mess to even try to get into. Same with Magical Index, same with Gundam, if even getting into a series seems like a headache, that's a big problem.

Also also, I'd rather be mauled by a tiger than get into another neverending series like this. Shonen long-runners have already taken so much of my time since the late 2000s, I don't need anything remotely like that again. Just give me 12-24 episode series, or maybe a couple of seasons, at least for the foreseeable future.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I have seen some clips, and ouch!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika A slice of life show with him sounds awesome actually! The show sounds really bad, and it makes sense, I don’t hear anyone ever saying anything about it, they only talk about astfolo .

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Your right you never know. The dude legit has more merch then the shows content it seems lmao. We really do need a spin-off, I mean when you put it like that, why wouldn’t I watch.

This kinda reminds me of RWBY, I have no idea about laters seasons and I can’t say anything about it, as I haven’t even gotten pass season one, but, I kinda don’t want to, from what I heard, I rather remember it as this thing I love, because I love the characters, and if the later seasons ruin that, then I’m not sure if I’m ever gonna watch it.

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika “Then who should have him?” “Idk how about anyone of these dozen slice of life animes!”

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I’m trying to but I can’t think of any. Usually with a popular character comes with popular franchise, however, not this dude, I legit can’t think of anything!

The fans definitely own this character more, because it definitely wasn’t the show who gave a rise in his popularity.

RR529

Got around to reading volume 2 of the YashaHime manga over the weekend.

There are still some issues I have with the overall premise, but this continues to be much better realized than the anime version (they really should have made the manga first, then made an anime adaptation, rather than the other way around).

The OG characters that are still around seem much more active both in terms of being interested in the girls' quest and actually inserting themselves into it as much as they're able (plus, it actually includes Koga, whom the anime completely snubbed), compared to the anime where Miroku & Sango seemed completely apathetic about the fact InuYasha & Kagome (& daughter) have been missing for over a decade (and the anime seemed to go out of it's way to make sure Moroha never met them, always excluding her from the party whenever Towa & Setsuna met Miroku & Sango).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

PS5_LOVER21

So Mappa...............IS GOATED Jjk is AMAZING AND CHAINSAW MAN IS JUST CHEFS KISS. And I know this isn't mappa but mob phsyco 100 gotta be my favorite anime ever

PS5_LOVER21

Snatcher

PS5_LOVER21 wrote:

So Mappa...............IS GOATED Jjk is AMAZING AND CHAINSAW MAN IS JUST CHEFS KISS. And I know this isn't mappa but mob phsyco 100 gotta be my favorite anime ever

Facts!

RR529

First pickups of the year.

Untitled

City Hunter season 1 - Not really planning on watching it anytime soon, as I just watched it early last year... right before I started to collect physically. As such it's the only season I didn't have physically yet & decided to use some Christmas money to round out the set.

Cowboy Bebop - I don't think this really needs any introduction (at least I hope not). Always a big part of my teenage years as Adult Swim used to have it on repeat practically all the time. So much so that I probably got a bit bored of it at the time, but it's been long enough since I last watched it to want to give it a revisit.

Project A-Ko - I've seen this online a couple times in the past. An action comedy film parodying the anime tropes of it's era, I've always found it amusing/entertaining enough.

Bonus: Alternate box art under the City Hunter slip case.
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EllaTheQueen6

It's the year of the rabbit! That means it's finally the year that I decide to watch Bunny Girl Senpai!

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

kkslider5552000

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get through the long runners I've been stuck with. Dragon Quest, Naruto: Shippuden, (pre-time skip) One Piece, I want to at least be close to done with by the end of the year. Dragon Quest is at least relatively new but I've been dragging my feet with the other two for a very long time now. Like between both of them I've watched maybe slightly above 300 new episodes in the past DECADE.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EllaTheQueen6

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I've never seen Fate, I just love Astolfo.

Pizzamorg

Excuse my language, but Holy s***balls, that Witch from Mercury finale was ***** bonkers. One of the most wild shifts in tone I've seen from basically anything.

Edited on by DreamlandGem

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

New anime season y'all. Based on the high quality research of a first episode sweep on a bunch of shows, I think I am going to pick up Revenger, High Card and Sugar Apple Fairy Tale.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

RR529

Small addition to the collection.

Untitled

InuYasha Set 2 - As THE anime for me in middle/high school, I'm continuing to slowly acquire it all. If you've seen it before, I'm at the point Kagura is being introduced.

Ghost in the Shell - A bit of a confession is that GitS media tends to elude me (Arise is said to be more "streamlined" compared to the other series, yet I kinda start losing the plot by OVA 3 for example), however the original film is the exception to the rule & I LOVE it. Super excited since it's my first 4K anime purchase as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EllaTheQueen6

@RR529 How many seasons of Inuyashaare there...
I think this show is older than me and I'm scared to even start it

RR529

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko

In the west it's split up into 8 seasons (7 of the original series, then the Final Act), and is just shy of 200 episodes total. Oh, there's also the 4 movies, but they're not necessary to follow the story.

Depending on how you get on with it, there's also the recent YashaHime sequel, which had 2 seasons and is around 50 episodes long (it's not nearly as good as the OG series though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EllaTheQueen6

@RR529 Ok, yeah, I'm not watching that. I'll stick with my 12 episode slice of lifes.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic