Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,605

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unfortunately, the staff has been very adamant about there being no way to block or ignore users...doesn't matter that it would solve soooo many problems, especially with the way they're expanding...nope....

That's a shame. I'd definitely be on board for a block/ignore feature.

The problem with that is it would create more problems for the mod team. The would be getting emails and post created by people asking why did so and so block me or that's not fair that they blocked me etc. etc. Not only that but if you blocked or ignore users the threads would be a complete mess they would make no sense since people wont be able to see other people's post that they ignored and conversations would just be all messed up.

Every website uses them, and yet I have never seen these problems you've listed. They're features meant to keep the most anal users from causing more trouble than they already do - messes that on this site are currently only solved by the moderation team occasionally coming in and cleaning up afterwords. From what I've read, it seems you guys do enough work already, so you'd think the staff would be more for a feature that would actually make your jobs even a little easier.

But I've made my pitch just about every year. I doubt one more will change your minds...

Anyways, I came here to say: do you guys still need the Smash Bros. Demo Code Sharing thread stickied? I'd been locked for almost a month...and now that the demo is public, I doubt we'll be seeing much more threads like that...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RedDevilAde

Search, search, search of thread. It's a joke they close duplicate threads so easily without this piece of bare bones functionality. Google's search is really unhelpful to use.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Pootypie

Possibly private messaging? So you can talk with others 1 on 1 because you can't really talk to each other about a subject you want to talk about without derailing a thread.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

FilmerNgameR

Sorry for being off topic but I can't seem to find that one link in the forums that lets me start a new forum. Can someone kindly please tell me where to start a new forum! I can't find the bloody link!

FilmerNgameR

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3297-7197 | Nintendo Network ID: Sonic1321

New_3DaSh_XL

theblackdragon wrote:

hey guys, Ant has said repeatedly in the past that there will be no PM system, though more public alternatives have been discussed and/or were said to be in the works for years now. in the meantime, most of us with Backloggeries have used that to get in touch with each other on a personal level if sharing social media information or e-mail addresses wasn't an option.

READ THIS.
I think everyone who requests PMs from now on should be temp banned.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Pootypie

Dashtag wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

hey guys, Ant has said repeatedly in the past that there will be no PM system, though more public alternatives have been discussed and/or were said to be in the works for years now. in the meantime, most of us with Backloggeries have used that to get in touch with each other on a personal level if sharing social media information or e-mail addresses wasn't an option.

READ THIS.

I never saw that, where was that lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

JunkosBoobies

Dashtag wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

READ THIS.

Uh...what? If anyone should get banned in general, it's the ones who break the rules. No offense, but being temp banned over asking for a PM System is seriously a dumb idea and would drive people away from this site.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Dashtag wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

READ THIS.

Uh...what? If anyone should get banned in general, it's the ones who break the rules. No offense, but being temp banned over asking for a PM System is seriously a dumb idea and would drive people away from this site.

What I said was a joke. I just check this thread whenever I see a new post, and like 90% of the time it's for asking for a PM system when it's been reiterated multiple times that a PM system is never going to happen. However, tbd's post is real.

@TheGreatBrawler - The last page, post #820.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

I thoroughly suggest a user blocking system a la GameFaqs'.

NintendoLife's users are just too sensitive for constructive criticism, differing opinions and discussion. :]

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

theblackdragon

@Chrono_Cross: Or you could try not being a jerk to other people when you think you're in the right — a friendly tip from your lovable Community Administrator.

@Geonjaha, et. al regarding a PM system: The monitoring issues would be for cases of harassment, spam, and soliciting — of all kinds. The last thing we want is for NL to begin attracting creepers trying to pick up a minor just because we've got 'Nintendo' in the URL. No PM system on any other website i've been a part of has ever been fully private, either... moderators have always had access for this reason (and if they're telling you otherwise they're full of crap). We've got enough on our hands without the added headache of having to also keep track of what's flying around out of the public eye.

Also, i'm personally against users being able to mute/ignore one another on the site mainly because it breaks threads, for example if a question is answered by a muted user and the OP can't see it and thinks they're being ignored because everyone else thought it had been answered already, or they try to jump into an discussion only to find they're not getting half of it. I'm a firm believer in just ignoring or not responding to people who bother you, just like they're not even there most of the time. It's not hard, guys, i do it on a daily basis.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Pootypie

And I never knew?!

Pootypie

Pootypie

Undead_terror wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

And I never knew?!

But we can't speak any more about it apparently...so we must drop it.

Oh that explains our posts getting deleted I think.

Pootypie

Undead_terror

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

And I never knew?!

But we can't speak any more about it apparently...so we must drop it.

Oh that explains our posts getting deleted I think.

Yep...

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Araquanid

This is something that bugs me, I like that we can edit our post even years after they were posted.. but does that "Edited on blahblah" Thing have to appear so soon after editing a small typo? Can we make it so if the post is edited after 10+ minutes the original time it was posted then it shows that message rather than as soon as you click the save button?

Minor complaint.. probably seems silly but NL is the first forum I've been on where the "Edited" thing appears so suddenly.

EDIT: Typo.. oh wait it'll say edited for me..

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Inkling

I was thinking you guys could add an upvote/downvote system

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Drawdler

^ We have (or at least had) one, but it doesn't work.

Am I the only one who misses the spoiler sound?

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Jaz007

Drawdler wrote:

^ We have (or at least [em]Am I the only one who misses the spoiler sound?

Yes.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic