Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,605

Rambler

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
Is this the thing where you don't get a notification because your mention is in the edited (newly added) part of the post?
It appears that editing a post to mention someone doesn't trigger a new notification

Rambler

Sunsy

@Rambler @EaglyTheKawaiiShika I'm the reply in that post, I never edited in Eagly's name. That edit was to fix some typos. He was tagged from the start.

Definitely has to be a bug because I haven't blocked Eagly, nor did I edit his name in, that tag was there in my initial response.

Posting because I see my response is missing from Eagly's notifications.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

antdickens

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika no, so as expected, you didn't get that notification because the post mentioned someone that you are ignoring; therefore, the notification was skipped. Likewise, that user ignores you too, so they didn't get the notification either.

That aside, as previously discussed on this thread, that doesn't really make sense in this context. Therefore I have changed the code to only suppress the notification if the user mentioned directly ignores the author (and not simply someone else mentioned in the post).

So, with that new logic, both of you would have got the notification.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

TeaCatherine

Hey, is there any chance you could make it so that if you're watching a thread and a user that's blocking you posts in it you don't get a notification? It just annoys me quite often, so I figured I may as well ask.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Grumblevolcano

Articles with Youtube videos seem to be lagging a lot currently. Also this thread disappeared (maybe connected to the recent changes regarding the ignore function), I was only able to find it via my browser history.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kermit1doesmath

@Grumblevolcano same, I also had trouble finding this thread (thanks for posting, now it will be more recent in my history)

I also wanted to say I've seen a lot more lag everywhere on the site, thankfully no 502 errors but it's still annoying.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika probably because they found you annoying or didn't agree with one thing you said and based on that thought you are a "not so great fella".

Just a hypothesis

dysgraphia awareness human

WoomyNNYes

Is anyone else having a problem replying? When I hit Reply button on to anyone on the last page of Spaltoon 3 thread, I get tossed out of the forums to the nintendolife site page with the news. Reply button works in this thread, though. Just not in Splatoon 3 thread. Weird.

firefox, windows.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Rambler

@WoomyNNYes
Seems to be working okay in that thread for me - Chrome Android

Rambler

Bunkerneath

@WoomyNNYes fine for me too, firefox and windows, maybe clear the old cookies

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic