Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,597

JaxonH

So,

I just tested Chrome, and it works fine in Mobile mode, and, the "Desktop" button is present at the bottom of the page.

So it seems it's an issue with Samsung Internet, specifically.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
Clearing cookies fixed it for me.

In Samsung Internet go to Settings > Personal Data > Delete Browsing Data

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
[Shrug]

It only happened on NintendoLife for me too, and yet it fixed it so...

Ya, Idk. Just sharing what worked for me

blindsquirrel

With blocked users I feel the system is flawed. Say you get blocked now you can’t see their comments. That is not the problem, but sometimes comments make no sense when they are responding to a user who’s comments you can’t see. Why not just tweak it to let you see their comments but you can’t respond. This would keep you from responding to them and allow you to get context of the conversation.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Eel

Sounds a bit impractical. How would the site prevent you from replying to the other person specifically? (while still allowing you to reply to everybody else?)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blindsquirrel

@Eel
Just a thought it’s really not that big of a deal. I’m not going to lose any sleep if I can’t see two users comments.( not meant to be aggressive if it sounds that way)

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Eel

@blindsquarel oh don't mind me too much, when it comes to suggesting updates and ideas for the site, I don't have any more authority than you or any other user.

I was genuinely curious about how would that work.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gcunit

The floating page navigation buttons thing... I only seem to see that in this thread (perhaps a few others, can't recall definitively, but certainly don't see it in most other threads I don't think). Is that by design or is it more browser weirdness?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

While I can relate to the downside of sometimes missing context for conversations, and it is something I have personally experienced, I feel that's a cost well worth paying with the Block feature.

There is no magic bullet. But the alternative is to allow a Blocked person to see your posts, and irrespective of whether they can tag you in response, that won't stop them from just responding without tagging you. Which defeats the entire purpose to begin with.

So imo, I'm not saying it isn't an issue. I'm saying it's a price worth paying. Conversation won't hit a brick wall just from missing context once in a while. I've managed fine, despite having several ppl blocked who regularly post in the threads I frequent.

But that's just my two cents.

Also, I haven't seen the page search in other threads either. At least, not the ones I typically post in. I think it was going to be a pilot run in this thread first before going site wide with the change, iirc.

antdickens

@gcunit @JaxonH I'm glad someone read my post. Yeah, only on this thread as a trial. No one has complained (yet) so I'll roll it out across the forum tomorrow

As for the blocked user stuff (thanks for the positive feedback!) there is a whole discussion about it here: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/announcements/so_you_can_... as there are some users that are also frustrated by it.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

link3710

Yeah, I'm just going to repeat my suggestion on that thread over here on the official suggestion one. I don't mind being blocked (that's whatever), but it's really annoying when I start to doubt myself because I don't realize that there is missing context. Having the blocked message be there with a blocked message would be a significant improvement IMO (as well as ignored messages). There's a difference between missing context and outright playing (admittedly accidental on everyone's part) mind games with users. People should be able to know that a message is missing in a conversation without having to resort to incognito.

I do think they should just remain missing entirely on comments however, since comments and forums function differently, and comments aren't inherently about conversations.

link3710

JaxonH

@antdickens
I see the page search has been implemented, but it's not working correctly for me (I'm using mobile site version, thanks again for that btw).

I can select it and type in the page, but when I hit GO, the GO button doesn't select. Rather, the box underneath it selects, and nothing happens no matter how many times I click it.

Just an FYI

antdickens

@JaxonH hmm, are you still having issues? I've just tried it on mobile/Chrome myself and appears to be working as expected, I update the page number and click 'GO' and it loads the new page. It won't do anything if you're already on the page that matches the number. Let me know

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

JaxonH

@antdickens
Just tried again.

When on this page linked below, if I'm on Page 3, I can use it to go to previous pages such as 2.

But if I'm on Page 2, it won't let me go to Page 3. I have to hit LAST.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/gyro_aimi...

JaxonH

@antdickens
I think I figured it out.

It works, just not if typing in the last page number. Since I was testing in a forum with low number of pages, I encountered this.

So, it's fine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic