Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 2,597

blindsquirrel

@Snatcher
Not going to input my political opinions but what I mean isn’t deleting the article just like hiding it. Kinda like how you can ignore users. This more so applies to the thumbnails though. Most of the things I don’t like are getting articles with either a sexual thumbnail or implying that and not being able to do anything about it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

arnoldfranklin

@Tasuki Thanks, found it.

Edit to make this not a double post (months later lol):

blindsquarel wrote:

@Snatcher
Not going to input my political opinions but what I mean isn’t deleting the article just like hiding it. Kinda like how you can ignore users. This more so applies to the thumbnails though. Most of the things I don’t like are getting articles with either a sexual thumbnail or implying that and not being able to do anything about it.

Yeah, I was wanting this too with articles and I have mentioned it already in the forum but yeah.

Edited on by arnoldfranklin

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

dmcc0

@blindsquarel I don't really recall seeing any overly sexual thumbnails on here TBH - there was a Gal*Gun article the other day and the thumbnail for that was pretty innocent - the article even had a warning that the trailer had adult themes. Even the recent Deathsmiles review mentioned the adult content without really showing anything particularly sexual in the screenshots.

Maybe an option to hide thumbnails could be a solution?

dmcc0

Snatcher

Ok don't shoot me, but, polls, would if we could make are own polls in the form of threads? We have articles for them all the time, but sometimes I just have a feeling to make my own, or maybe whenever someone post a topic, they could write it out, and post a poll.

Idk, just a cool idea I had.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NintendoByNature

Here's our first poll:

Should we have polls?

-yes
-no

In all seriousness, I'd like it.

NintendoByNature

arnoldfranklin

True, that would be cool.
PS sorry for double posting above in the forum. Actually, I fixed that much later so it's not a double post lol.

Edited on by arnoldfranklin

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

Zuljaras

Currently the mobile "version" of the site is displayed like the PC one. It starts in mobile view but then it switches to monitor view.

That happened 2 days ago and it is still occurring.

I am with Galaxy S8+ if that helps.

antdickens

@Zuljaras Nothing has changed on the site, so maybe you clicked the desktop link by mistake or clicked the ‘view desktop version’ in your browser by mistake. Try going to nintendolife.com/mobile to ensure you’re not in desktop mode.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@antdickens I use the same link every time. And when I go to Nintendolife.com/mobile only the first page in in mobile resolution. After I tap on forums for example it goes to desktop again.

Very weird.

dmcc0

@Zuljaras I had the same issue a while back on Pure Xbox. Seems it defaulted to desktop for some reason - scrolling to the bottom of the page and on the banner at the bottom (about us , staff etc) there should be a 'Mobile Version' button on there. Clicking that fixed it for me

dmcc0

JaxonH

antdickens wrote:

@Zuljaras Nothing has changed on the site, so maybe you clicked the desktop link by mistake or clicked the ‘view desktop version’ in your browser by mistake. Try going to nintendolife.com/mobile to ensure you’re not in desktop mode.

I've been having the same issue on my phone for the last week or two. Clicking the "Switch to Mobile" button flickers to mobile for a second then switches back to Desktop mode. I finally have resigned myself to just accepting it. Even now as I type this, it's in Desktop mode on my phone.

Galaxy S21 running the latest build of Android, btw.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@dmcc0
I remember that button used to exist but I can't find it now. Here's what the page bottom looks like on my phone

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

dmcc0

@JaxonH That's odd - I specifically checked my phone before posting and changed to desktop just to make sure it was still there. Admittedly I'm not using the latest version of Android as my old Huawei phone doesn't support it, so could be an issue with latest version?

Edit: Just noticed @Zuljaras is also using a Samsung phone too. What browser are you using? Chrome here

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

antdickens

@Zuljaras @JaxonH hmm okay, in that case, can you visit: https://www.mydevice.io/ and screenshot me the results (feel free to email to [email protected]). Although I think the issue is that the user strong doesn't identify as a mobile AND the width is 1080px therefore the site assumes it's a tablet.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

JaxonH

@dmcc0
I'm using Samsung Internet, btw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic