Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 9,620

Credible

petiSnail wrote:

@petiSnail
you are close:
(X+1,Y) should be (X, Y-1)

Remember to check in the direction you're headed.

Right, sorry, noticed that, fixed it in my old post, but even this:
IF (BUTTON(0) AND 1) AND MAP (X,Y-1) != 1 THEN Y=Y-1
Prevents me from moving up no matter what.

Edited on by Credible

Credible

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

@Hairmanban19 Check the QR code thread for your answer. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!

Your welcome.Since i like the beta you made for Dungeon adventure,then i am sure i will love the full version since there is a town and sidequests and other things that i do not know about.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Linput

Well, I'm back. Been playing Pokemon a little too much. ANYWAYS I am looking for people to help me with Sally. look in my signature to see what u can do!

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

Hairmanban19

Does anybody know some websites with good petit computer tutorials cause i cant learn much from any of the websites i know?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Credible

hairmanban19 wrote:

Does anybody know some websites with good petit computer tutorials...

One of the best ways to learn code is to look at some. Scan the QR's for some more simple programs and study them. See what commands do, and mess around with some of their values to see what effects it will have. Then, you should write your own program using what you learned to help get it set in, and to prove to yourself that you really do understand what you're doing. Also, Petit Professor has a good set of videos to learn things. http://www.youtube.com/user/PetitProfessor

Credible

ZombieChiggers

...sigh... so bored...

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

ramstrong

Credible wrote:

petiSnail wrote:

@petiSnail
you are close:
(X+1,Y) should be (X, Y-1)

Remember to check in the direction you're headed.

Right, sorry, noticed that, fixed it in my old post, but even this:
IF (BUTTON(0) AND 1) AND MAP (X,Y-1) != 1 THEN Y=Y-1
Prevents me from moving up no matter what.

You may have to repost your corrected code, but before you do, please check that you're not confusing wall/character coordinates, which goes 32x24, and sprite/screen coordinates, which goes 255x191.

As well, don't use the same variable names on both. Try MAPX,MAPY AND SCREENX,SCREENY. I'd probably use MX,MY and SX,SY because I'd be too lazy to type out the full name, but it does get confusing after a while.

snoremac wrote:

...sigh... so bored...

You need help, but not from this thread. Why don't you find a thread where people have fun? Please stop posting irrelevant topics.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

I am currently working on Battlewood's bottom screen, where you will be able to access power-ups and such from the bottom screen. I was wondering, is there a way to make your own panel buttons for the bottom screen? If not, Is there a way to make your own custom backgrounds? All of my trials failed. BTW I have figured out how to display a grp on the bottom screen quite by accident. Here is how:
LOAD "GRP1:NAMEHERE"
notice the ”1” next to GRP. Lol I thought those numbers worked like sprites . I do not need it now thanks to the awesome @morphtroid who told me about bgpage. Thanks!
@linput14 what is "SALLY” stand for? and will it be for PTCOM? Welome back! (this is the first time I saw that you existed but welcome back netherless)

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

oh yeah, really quick, who uses ptcomp on a 3ds? Who uses it on a dsi?

Discostew

Using PTC on my 3DS

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Sprite

3DS

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

Linput

bluerobin2 wrote:

I am currently working on Battlewood's bottom screen, where you will be able to access power-ups and such from the bottom screen. I was wondering, is there a way to make your own panel buttons for the bottom screen? If not, Is there a way to make your own custom backgrounds? All of my trials failed. BTW I have figured out how to display a grp on the bottom screen quite by accident. Here is how:
LOAD "GRP1:NAMEHERE"
notice the ”1” next to GRP. Lol I thought those numbers worked like sprites . I do not need it now thanks to the awesome @morphtroid who told me about bgpage. Thanks!
@linput14 what is "SALLY” stand for? and will it be for PTCOM? Welome back! (this is the first time I saw that you existed but welcome back netherless)

Thanks for the welcome! I have been on this forum for about a year, so I'm surprised u haven't seen me before. SALLY doesnt stand for anything, its just my OS (Operating Sysytem). And yes< it is for PTC.

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

Pixelrobin

Linput14 wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! I have been on this forum for about a year, so I'm surprised u haven't seen me before. SALLY doesnt stand for anything, its just my OS (Operating Sysytem). And yes< it is for PTC.

Well I started posting here a month and a half ago I believe...

damolii

@bluerobin2 Dsi!!! I have had mine for 4 years.

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Pixelrobin

damolii wrote:

@bluerobin2 Dsi!!! I have had mine for 4 years.

Wow. Just wow. In a good way. That must be a world record

Credible

I'm making some progress on my game. While I'm still stuck on some of the more core mechanics, I've been working on some other things, like attacks and sounds. I just made it so that when you touch the screen (IF TCHST==1), a ball will appear and follow the position (TCHX,TCHY) and blow up when you release the screen (IF TCHST ==0 THEN GOSUB @BOOM). While the ball is on the screen, it beeps and pans to the speakers depending on where it is (BEEP 1,-2000,50, TCHX/2). Now that I think about it, I may add sound panning to most of my sound effects. It's a pretty cool feature!
Also, I use a 3DS XL.

Edited on by Credible

Credible

swordx

I DEFINITELY won't be programming Dungeon Adventure for the next few months...I have to do a project in English, and I decided I'd program a video game. I'll be doing this on Petit Computer. Because my grades will depend on it, I WILL finish it quickly. Think of a top-down Zelda game. I'll give you a modified version of it, as the project version will just be used to describe a book. This will be the prequel to Dungeon Adventure, so it will be good that I'll be releasing this game first. If you're wondering just how far back this will take place, I'll tell you. This will be from a week before the attack on the town, up to the actual attack. I hope you guys enjoy the game!

swordx

bigdog00

check the petit computer developer channel for the developer's version of my new OS (in about 20 minutes) It is so much better now, but is still "Developers" (as you'll see in the settings application) and for those of you wondering, I forgot to upload the Cincos original GUI (Graphic User Interface) Package. Right now, there is only the "CincOpple 7.1" pack. it is based off of Apple System 7.1 from 1997 I think it was... anyway, check in 20 minutes.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic