Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 9,620

bigdog00

@swordx do you want me to upload the Developers version of my halods update?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

I have a question @swordx or @philip how do I make scrolling backgrounds? I am trying to make moving backgrounds for halods, but I am having trouble with it. I am sorry that I am asking so many questions

Edited on by bigdog00

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

Hey swordx will dungeon adventure have real time combat or will it have turn-based combat,or do you want that to be unkown for now.

I don't know if you've played the earlier versions or not, but they were turn based, so that should answer your question. However, half of the final boss will be real time combat.

By the way, I just programmed the second chain of sidequests.

Oh i have played the other ones i just was wondering if you changed it.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

bigdog00 wrote:

I have a question @swordx or @philip how do I make scrolling backgrounds? I am trying to make moving backgrounds for halods, but I am having trouble with it. I am sorry that I am asking so many questions

I'm not exactly sure. Because of this, I was going to just use sprites and a single, non-scrolling background for each area in my next game.

swordx

bigdog00

swordx wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

I'm not exactly sure. Because of this, I was going to just use sprites and a single, non-scrolling background for each area in my next game.

well, I need a moving background for a first person shooter (FPS). It looks like crap without it oh well... I might have to use a whole page of sprites just to make a moving background but that will be so hard to program SHNARGALDARFIN!!!!!!! @swordx

Edited on by bigdog00

swordx

bigdog00 wrote:

swordx wrote:

bigdog00 wrote:

well, I need a moving background for a first person shooter (FPS). It looks like crap without it oh well... I might have to use a whole page of sprites just to make a moving background but that will be so hard to program SHNARGALDARFIN!!!!!!! @swordx

Why don't you just take Game2 or Raycaster and then just program the gun and enemies onto it?

swordx

Eel

Just a note to @bigdog00: Making a "realistic" FPS (as in that it plays like a real FPS) is impossible with petit computer (unless you're a Japanese programming god or something).

Making a FPS-like minigame on the other hand is quite possible, but it would still need some really advanced techniques to make it good.
If I recall correctly, this is your first petit computer project ever, I would recommend you to lower your standards if you want to enjoy programming your game. Why don't you try making other smaller projects and learn more techniques before doing something like this?

SwordX's idea is pretty good too.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IAmSpike

bigdog00 wrote:

Sorry, but I know absolutely nothing about backgrounds.

Also, a small sneak peek into what I'm doing right now:
Untitled
Yes, those are SMW sprites, and yes, these are sprites for PTC. And because I'm nice, here are the QRs for these sprites:
Untitled
And the COL file to go along with it (Mario, Fire Mario, Luigi and Fire Luigi palettes included):
Untitled
And, as an added bonus, SMW's 'cutscene font':
Untitled

You may or may not have a good idea what I'm doing...

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Fadeintodust

You guys know those dares some programmers have done? Like that ludum dare, or whatever.

Think you guys might ever try that kind of thing with PTC?

Fadeintodust

bigdog00

well, you know that I can still make it realistic, but it will just take some work.

swordx

bigdog00 wrote:

well, you know that I can still make it realistic, but it will just take some work.

There's a limit to how realistic it can get. The best you'll be able to make (and this is with a lot of work) is Star Fox SNES.

swordx

Eel

That'd be too much for basic, it would be either too slow or too ugly. Not to mention too hard to make.

Remember Basic wasn't made with polygons or 3D gaming in mind,
However, if you find a convincing way to make fake polygons(like some wario ware diy micro games do) it would work to an extent(minigame).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bigdog00

actually, I am going to have to live without moving backgrounds FOR NOW. I finally made a decent AI. also, I added ladders and the enemies can go up or down the ladders, as can you. It actually might not be that bad. does anyone even think this has a potential to be fun or potential at all?

Edited on by bigdog00

IAmSpike

I think with plenty of work it'll become a great game.

Previously Philip.

Fadeintodust

Would it be possible to use multiple GRPs in a game? For this one game I'm working on, I was hoping to use said Grps for cutscenes, and maybe in the future, use them for a point and click type dealy.

Fadeintodust

IAmSpike

If you mean layered ontop of each other, I don't know.

If you mean displayed individually, yes. Just type this into PTC to load a GRP without the popup or sound effect.
SYSBEEP=0:LOAD "GRPX:FILENAME",0:SYSBEEP=1
Where 'X' is a number between 0-3.

Previously Philip.

IAmSpike

Mario PTC game postponed until whenever I say, because here comes a new game:
Untitled
Yep, it's Rock Paper Scissors for PetitComputer! Yes, I know there's already a Rock Paper Scissors game for PTC, and it's good, but it's text-based which irks me just a bit, and as a result my version will have sprites COUGHCOUGHgreyscalepicturesofrockspaperandscissorseditedinRealWorldPaintCOUGH and use of the touchscreen to choose between rock, paper, or scissors, plus my own work in MML (no preset SFX or BGM here, folks). The deadline I've set for myself to complete it is Sunday, Dec 23rd. It should be complete by then, and if it's not... well, the point is I've gotta have it done and out by then.

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

Fadeintodust

Philip wrote:

If you mean layered ontop of each other, I don't know.

If you mean displayed individually, yes. Just type this into PTC to load a GRP without the popup or sound effect.
SYSBEEP=0:LOAD "GRPX:FILENAME",0:SYSBEEP=1
Where 'X' is a number between 0-3.

Fantastic! Is there any limit on how much I can use?

Also, on another note, what exactly is DRWED used for? Is it any different than GRPED? The manual descriptions don't really... I don't get em.

Edited on by Fadeintodust

Fadeintodust

Hamjam00

Hello! I have started a banner company called: Zombee Software. Heres the website: www.zombie-soft.com its not much for now though.

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic