Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,774

Slayer

I loved Cave Story, probably one of the best platformers on DSiWare. Petit Computer is in my opinion the best title there. You might have to learn, but it's worth all 800 points to create something amazing.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Crazybrain1

Which 200 point game is better?
AiRace: Tunnel, or Moke Moke?

Edited on by Crazybrain1

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

DarkEdi

Soul of Darkness is a very good game like Castlevania but with upgrades and shorter.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Mr-X9000

they still make dsi ware games?

3DS friend code: 1805-2417-4668
nintendo network ID: Mr.X9000
playstation network ID: dooghound

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2417-4668 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.X9000 | Twitter:

Mr-X9000

if you can get a hold of it, zelda four swords and dark void zero are some of the best dsiwae games out there, zelda four swords being an enhanced
gba remake( and free!!!!!) and dark void being a lost nes game that they released on dsiware in staed of virtual console

Edited on by Mr-X9000

PekoponTAS

To the guy above me, you do realize that was a playful lie that Capcom told at the time, right? It was tongue-in-cheek marketing, and not at all true. Dark Void Zero was developed specifically for DSiWare.

As for other games, I'd recommend Trajectile, Snapdots, G.G Series Horizontal Bar, Gaia's Moon, 99 Seconds, Abyss, Link 'n' Launch, Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way.

No matter what the game is, try your best to find enjoyment in it for whatever reason. Sometimes a bad game just needs a bit of a shot to the arm with the imagination of a goofball :).

3DS Friend Code: 4012-3200-6906

Mr-X9000

PekoponTAS wrote:

To the guy above me, you do realize that was a playful lie that Capcom told at the time, right? It was tongue-in-cheek marketing, and not at all true. Dark Void Zero was developed specifically for DSiWare.

As for other games, I'd recommend Trajectile, Snapdots, G.G Series Horizontal Bar, Gaia's Moon, 99 Seconds, Abyss, Link 'n' Launch, Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way.

well i know now

Mr-X9000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Also, I don't think Four Swords is available anymore.

what? you have to pay for it now?

8BitSamurai

If I love the Metroidvania CV's is Soul of Darkness worth spending some extra credit on?

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Oragami

Get X-Scape. It's a masterpiece.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai wrote:

If I love the Metroidvania CV's is Soul of Darkness worth spending some extra credit on?

Got this and beat it today. It's pretty cool, it's pretty much a cross between the linear action Castlevania games and the more open ended Metroidvania ones.

Be warned, however, the game is only about 2 hours long.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

DarkEdi

Castle Conqueror Heroes 1 and 2 are very addictive. They are strategy in square levels like Fire Emblem of Shining Force. You update your characters and the story is very good. Play them in orden to enjoy it more.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

TGM1234

AlphaBounce is no longer available on the DSi Shop. Pretty sad, considering how many best lists it made.
(To contribute to discussion: Shantae (action platformer), Art Style: BOXLIFE (puzzle), Zenonia (action RPG))

Edited on by TGM1234

TGM1234

Genterprise

If it's alright to recommend here, G.G Series has been starting to release for the the North American region again with Wonder Land. You can check out the Youtube video here, though the gameplay itself hasn't really changed from the Japanese version.

Genterprise

IwatasBananas

I just mentioned to this fellow in this topic: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/what_to_do_with_my...

But when I was looking for tips on what to buy in DSiware, I shockingly did not think to check if Nintendolife had a forum (since that's like the ONLY place I could find good DSiware reviews), and just made a spreadsheet myself to try and work out the best value for my points (I had a lot of points card vouchers). More recently I added a page with the EU stars catalog offerings, and there's a third page there of what I'm considering buying, and how many points I'd need (just for me really).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16fdiXY3I20NeLJ0NPWSvN...

The colour key is:
Green = I bought it
Grey = No longer available on EU Dsiware shop, for whatever reason
Red = Decided not to buy

If anyone has any thoughts on the games I've singled out as my next purchase shortlist (Dodogo, 99 Bullets, Pop Island Paperfields, Undead Storm, Dark Spirits), I'd be interested to hear it. I'm really sad I missed out on Go! Go! Kokopolo. That game looked awesome.

Hopefully this list is helpful to people as the DSi stuff and Stars catalog wind down.

IwatasBananas

The__Goomba

What Dsiware games are worth checking out the only two on my 3DS are Shantae and Aura Aura Climber.

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter ✌

Twitter:

Bass_X0

Is anyone still downloading DSiWare games?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Fiyaball

Out of all the DSiWare games I've bought, the one I've put the most time into is... Bejeweled Twist. For only $8, you get the perfect thing to play whenever you need a short (or long) burst of puzzle fun. When I bought this, I thought it would be nothing special. Now, I've put about 70 hours into it.

Fiyaball

chiefeagle02

One of my favorites on the DSiWare shop was "Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon". For five-hundred points, it's a great little pick-up-and-play pinball game. The downside is there is only one table, but it's crafted incredibly well (I think).

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic