Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 1,772

rayword45

List the games you have, and perhaps genres that interest you?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Crazybrain1

Well, I have a DSi XL, so the Math and Art Brain Age Express along with the Photo Clock came with it. And Flipnote Studio, because it's free.
Here's the rest:

Rytmik Rock Edition
Bomberman Blitz
Pop +Solo
Aura-Aura Climber
Bird & Beans
Pop Island - Paperfield
Art Style: Digidrive
The Oregon Trail
Candle Route
Zelda: Four Swords
Glow Artisan
My Exotic Farm

The thing is, I don't like puzzle games, so I really don't know why I got Candle Route and Glow Artisan.
It doesn't particularly matter if it has a story or not. I might also prefer something with high replay value and maybe Download Play.
I would prefer to say in the E-E10+ rating range.
Do you need more info?

EDIT: Picturebook Games: The Royal Bluff looks pretty interesting. I also looked at other reviews for Moke Moke and Goony, and wiiloveit.com gives both of those games bad ratings. I don't know whether to go with NL or WiiLoveIt.

Edited on by Crazybrain1

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

rayword45

You... Dislike puzzle games? Jesus Christ that's half the damn DSiWare line-up, and two-thirds the good stuff. Here's what I can offer for $5

AlphaBounce is Arkanoid/Breakout with RPG elements. Some will find it repetitive, but within that there's a true gem inside.
99Bullets is a fun little vector/arcade romp. However, it's brief and lacks the online leaderboards it needs. It also screams of much, much more potential.
Flametail is classified as a puzzle game, but it's basically Snake on acid.
The Flipper games are worth a mention.

For $2 (Maybe I'll add descriptions later)

Escapee GO
10 Second Run
AiRace Tunnel

And you know my $8 recommendation already

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Crazybrain1

Its not that I don't like puzzle games, they just get kinda difficult.

Well, the only thing is, I already bought PictureBook Games: The Royal Bluff.
So, now I only have 500 points left, leaving me with the option of a 500 point game or 2 200 point games.
Flametail looks interesting, so does AiRace Tunnel.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

Lylvia

Trajectile
Starship Defense
2 of my favorites

Lylvia

Crazybrain1

Great.
Now I can't decide between Flametail or Goony and Moke Moke.

Crazybrain1

Or maybe Bejeweled Twist! Is that any good?

rayword45

Bejeweled - Just get a damn smartphone, lol. A thousand free clones.
Flametail is definitely worth $5, can't speak for the other 2.

And if you do get $20 more, listen to Lylvia and me for both our recommendations, get the Q-Games trilogy.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Crazybrain1

Hmm. Can anybody give me their opinions about Moke Moke and Goony?
If not, then maybe I'll get Flametail.

Crazybrain1

rayword45 wrote:

And if you do get $20 more, listen to Lylvia and me for both our recommendations, get the Q-Games trilogy.

Y'know, I only have so much room on my DSi [XL].
Oh well, I can delete some stuff. Flametail is just enough blocks to fit.

EDIT: Got Flametail this morning. Its great! Slightly difficult, but great!

Edited on by Crazybrain1

brianvgplayer

Crazybrain1 wrote:

Or maybe Bejeweled Twist! Is that any good?

It has a DS cart version. Other Popcap DSiWare releases are missing some content from the cart versions, so this one probably has something missing too. I like what I played of the PC version, but Bejeweled 3 is better.

brianvgplayer

Eisenbolan

Strategy games like Advance Wars/Fire Emblem. It seems like Break Tactics and Castle Conqueror Heroes 1/2 may be it. Dragon Quest seems to have no storyline or longevity. Of Heroes and BT whats better and more enjoyable. Or is there another.

Eisenbolan

TG1

Crazybrain1 wrote:

Hmm. Can anybody give me their opinions about Moke Moke and Goony?
If not, then maybe I'll get Flametail.

Not sure if you were still looking, but both are good games ... easily worth 200 point ea. (especially if you play 2-player games) Even solo, both will give you your moneys worth. Lots of good replay value and some nice extras with each.

TG1

adeceku

Ok, I will not read the entire thread. I have just purchased a DSi points card because I just want to have Shantae 2 on my DSi because its a must have. My question is, which other DSiWare games are a must have that are 800 points or less, I have in mind Soul of Darkness.

I hope you die.

Twitter:

rayword45

X-Scape damnit. 8 bucks, and stay away from Gameloft.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Birdman

@adeceku - In terms of 800 Point DSiWare titles, I'd recommend Go! Go! Kokopolo, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, and X-Scape. However, if you're looking at 200 and 500 point games as well, my picks are (in no particular order): AlphaBounce, Aura-Aura Climber, Candle Route, Castle Conqueror, Digger Dan & Kaboom, Don't Cross the Line, Flipper: Flush the Goldfish, A Kappa's Trail, Number Battle, Pop Island: Paperfield, Spotto!, Starship Defense, and Trajectile.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

adeceku

@birdman - alright I will check those games, thanks man.

@rayword45 - mmm why should avoid gameloft? thanks for the recommendation.

Edited on by adeceku

I hope you die.

Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Venoia and Anonymous Notes. How are they?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Crazybrain1

Just wondering (for future notice) what are some good 200 point games with a good amount of content? I know that they aren't usually known for that, but still.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic