Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 782

CanisWolfred

Wheels2050 wrote:

Has anyone played Super Robot Taisen L? I'm thinking about grabbing it, but I don't understand Japanese. Would it still be playable?

How did I miss this? Super Robot Wars L is pretty good. Has it gone down in price now? I'm just wondering because before it was going for $80. Anyways, it's playable so long as you're familiar with previous games in the series (preferably Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 1 & 2) and you're willing to experiment. There's also a guide you can use, but I don't think it's complete: http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/L - it does not cover the story, for instance, so you may be a bit lost as to what to do at times. Usually you can get by simply killing as many enemies as possible while keeping your guys alive, though, so don't worry too much about it.

EDIT: oh wait, here's a story guide you can use: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/605429-super-robot-taisen-l/faqs/6...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nightsider

To be honest i'm kinda switching to primarily 3DS but i still have recomendations.
15: Super Scribblenauts (don't get the original)
14: Kirby Superstar Ultra (lots of content)
13: Wario Ware DIY (you can make your own games, nuff said)
12: Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (best action RPG on the DS)
11: The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass ( if you have a 3DS get Ocarina of Time instead)
10: Mario Party DS (best Mario Party game in a long time)
9: Mario Kart DS (if you have a 3DS get Mario Kart 7)
8: Rhythm Heaven (awesome game even if you don't like music)
7: Kirby Mass Attack (best Kirby game on the platform)
6: Super Mario 64 DS (if you have a 3DS get Super Mario 3D Land)
5: Club House Games (this has got to be the most overlooked game on the DS)
4: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (if you have a 3DS wait for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance)
3: New Super Mario Bros. (if you have a 3DS wait for the new 2D Mario platforming game coming soon)
2: Animal Crossing Wild World (if you have 3DS, wait for the new Animal Crossing 3D)
1: Pokemon Black and White (if you have a 3DS, YOU STILL NEED TO HAVE THIS GAME)

Sorry for all of the "if you have a 3DS" things, but it's true.

Nightsider

Twitter:

Wheels2050

Mickeymac wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Has anyone played Super Robot Taisen L? I'm thinking about grabbing it, but I don't understand Japanese. Would it still be playable?

How did I miss this? Super Robot Wars L is pretty good. Has it gone down in price now? I'm just wondering because before it was going for $80. Anyways, it's playable so long as you're familiar with previous games in the series (preferably Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 1 & 2) and you're willing to experiment. There's also a guide you can use, but I don't think it's complete: http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/L - it does not cover the story, for instance, so you may be a bit lost as to what to do at times. Usually you can get by simply killing as many enemies as possible while keeping your guys alive, though, so don't worry too much about it.

EDIT: oh wait, here's a story guide you can use: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/605429-super-robot-taisen-l/faqs/6...

Cool, thanks for the links. Play Asia was selling it for $30, so I decided to grab it. Hopefully with some guides I'll be able to figure out what to do. One day, if I get the time, I'd like to learn enough Japanese to at least be competent with games - I've bought a few Japanese ones that I'd like to be able to get the full experience from!

EDIT: Also, does anyone have any opinions on Steal Princess? I've heard mixed reviews on it, and am wondering whether or not it's worth a purchase.

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Crazybrain1

I looooooooove Mario Kart DS, although quite expensive, but its really fun.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

reborn

I'm looking for a DS long game (aka JRPG) to play this summer. The problem is I've played the vast majority RPG's (such as FF III, FFIV, FF Tactics A2, The World Ends With You, Dragon Quests, Suikoden, Kingdom Hearts, etc.) and I also try to find something innovative.

I'm doubting between:

• Pokemon Black and White: being the last Pokémon I've played, Diamond and the last entry I realy love, Crystal, I've read Black and White are arguably the best Pokémon yet so I would give them an opportunity (in addition, B&W2 will come soon so I'll be able to understand the story).
  • Inazuma Eleven 2: even if I'm not a fan of the cartoons, I think it's quite innovative and I would give it a try.
  • SMT: Strange Journey: I'm a Persona lover and I'm not afraid of the difficulty. The problem is to find i at a reasonable price :S
  • Golden Sun: I've played the second one when I was little and I liked it but the reviews I've read of the DS version are mixed. Don't know if it's good enough to give it a try.
  • Another you propose: please, give me your recommendations!

I reject the proposal of Okamiden, SMT: DS and SMT:DS2 (I'm planning to get a 3DS so I would buy them then), Dragon Quest Monsters (I tried the first one and I didn't like it ), and text adventures such as Phoenix Wright (I've played them ). Please, take in consideration I'm european.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

CanisWolfred

I think we can eliminate Golden Sun right off the bat, since it brings very little new to the table. SMT: Strange Journey isn't exactly innovative, and it's not really like the Persona games. It is, however, one of the better first Person Dungeon crawlers I've played, which you don't seem to have played, so at the very least it would be something different for you. Then there's Solatorobo, which despite its low difficulty, is very different and innovative, which seems to be something you're looking for.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Best Buy also has it pre-owned online with free shipping for $24.99. While I haven't ordered online from Best Buy before, they are usually complete when I see them in stores. Just something to keep in mind. I don't know if those other ones are complete, but I'm assuming you can go to the stores themselves and find out? For better or for worse, that's actually not a bad price for a Pokemon game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RevolverLink

Which of the more traditional Harvest Moon DS games would you guys recommend?

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Are any of the Digimon games worth it? I'm really starting to get back into the series. If all of them are decent which is the most fun?

Digimon World Dawn/Dusk are your best shots. They're tough to find, though. Digimon World DS is also decent.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Are any of the Digimon games worth it? I'm really starting to get back into the series. If all of them are decent which is the most fun?

Digimon World Dawn/Dusk are your best shots. They're tough to find, though. Digimon World DS is also decent.

Cool. Both are available at my local GameStop. Is Digimon world DS in any way even remotely like Digimon World 3? If not I'll just go with dawn/dusk.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Cool. Both are available at my local GameStop. Is Digimon world DS in any way even remotely like Digimon World 3? If not I'll just go with dawn/dusk.

No. It playes like a not-boring version of Dragon Quest with some strategic spacing thrown in. It's actually really fun. The only thing keeping me from recommending it to non-fans is the encounter rate. It was pretty high in Digimon World DS, and it so far it seems Dawn/Dusk hasn't let up on it, unfortunately. It's also got a neat farm mechanic, and obtaining is simpler, while raising them is a little more complicated. Dawn/Dusk has a better story than DS, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Hm...dang so seems like it's going to boil down to story vs content for me here. If I could I'd gladly buy both, but not enough cash. Does one of'em have any form of online? So far from what you've told me I'm leaning towards Digimon World DS. As long as the story isn't incredibly cliche.

Dawn/Dusk each have about as much, if not more content than DS, actually...and yes, the story in DS is incredibly cliche. They play the same, too, and have the farms. Honestly, I only mentioned DW:DS because I played it first.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

R-L-A-George

Space Invaders Extreme 2
Rune Factory: Fantasy Harvest Moon
Lunar: Dragon Song
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors
Atari Greatest Hits Volume 2
Ghostbusters The Video Game
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash
Lux-Pain
Honeycomb Beat
Puzzle de Harvest Moon

Are any of these any good?

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Bread-Not-Toast

I always wanted to get Lux Pain,as I heard it was pretty good.
Ghostbusters for DS was pretty poor,and you'd be better of with one of the console versions.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic