Forums

Topic: Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow

Posts 321 to 340 of 539

Eel

Eh, I already have a mew or two from past events. And I never use any event Pokemon. So I personally find getting mad about it a bit useless.

Will you even actually, reeeaally waste a spot on your team to use that mew, anyway?

Chances are it will be terrible when you send it to Sun and Moon, since they'll probably just generate it randomly with the new system with no way to reset it, unlike with modern events.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rumorlife

Hmm... I forgot how OP Clefairy can be. Everything effects it x1 except Fighting which is x2 and Ghost which is x0. Then metronome and the fact it can learn almost any TM or HM.
Also this is the first time in like 15 years I've been able to make an Eknas then Arbok work really well for me.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

KingMike

I think we're allowed to talk about this sort of cheating since it's only (basically) offline stuff.

From what I read, the easiest way to get specific Pokemon from the glitch would be to get a Pokemon with a Special stat matching the order stored in the ROM (since in gen 1 and 2 Pokemon are not stored in proper order), set up a trainer for the glitch (such as the route 8 Gambler) then Fly/Teleport to Route 15 and find a Ditto and let it transform, then walk back (at least that route is possible, if time-consuming)

Important numbers for misables (I think it's fair to cheat for these if you have nobody to do local trades with, since we can't do online trades and we can't even trade between multiple games on the same console. Again, I wouldn't count on them for bank, good just for VC purposes. Only listing what you can't catch yourself the proper way).
14 Gengar, 26 Scyther, 33 Growlithe, 43 Hitmonlee, 44 Hitmonchan, 49 Golem, 51 Magmar, 53 Electabuzz, 57 Mankey, 77 Meowth, 90 Kabuto, 96 Sandshrew, 98 Omanyte, 102 Eevee (to get the other Eeveelutions), 108 Ekans, 126 Machamp, 149 Alakazam, 153 Bulbasaur, 176 Charmander, 177 Squirtle, 185 Oddish, 188 Bellsprout
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_b...

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Eel

Yeah, it's fine. It's not like you're hacking your 3ds and selling hacked mons to helpless children or something.

Bloop.

LaserdiscGal

@DarthNocturnal Mhmk I'll email it to ya when I get back home tomorrow.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Eel

Too bad they didn't have any codes when I visited a GameStop in El Paso two weeks ago.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LaserdiscGal

Meowpheel wrote:

Too bad they didn't have any codes when I visited a GameStop in El Paso two weeks ago.

I do have one more code if you'd like it as well

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

HawkeyeWii

So they added a wireless trade function, but does anyone know if you can still battle other players locally?

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Eel

The added wireless functions just emulate the game link cable, so anything you could do with the game link cable, you can do with wireless in these.

Bloop.

Rumorlife

What is going on. I'm battling a Weepinbell inside the Celadon Gym and it used Wrap without fail, 5 turns each, 7 times in a row, I did not get a turn for 35 turns, then I finally get one and my stupid Growlith who is about to get released for this, missed his Ember attack. Wrap continues 6 more turns without fail, then it finally failed 3 times after that, Growlith misses 3 times. Why? What is wrong with this game? Everytime I get an option to choose an attack, it chooses Wrap right before me and it does it for 5 turns each time. I've never had any pokemon game lock into a cycle like that before.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Eel

My favorite strategy agaisnt the celadon gym is using a poison/grass Pokemon the whole time.

The only Pokemon in the entire gym that can do anything against that type combo are exeggcute and tangela. The others will spend their turns trying to poison you.

Note: it only works in Blue and Red.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Rumorlife

That was ridiculous, it just would have gone on for hours until Wrap ran out of power. I just shut the game off lol I saved right before the battle because I was gonna go out and decided against it, I guess Weepinbell says go to the store already.

Rumorlife

Sisilly_G

Dankykong wrote:

What is going on. I'm battling a Weepinbell inside the Celadon Gym and it used Wrap without fail, 5 turns each, 7 times in a row, I did not get a turn for 35 turns, then I finally get one and my stupid Growlith who is about to get released for this, missed his Ember attack. Wrap continues 6 more turns without fail, then it finally failed 3 times after that, Growlith misses 3 times. Why? What is wrong with this game? Everytime I get an option to choose an attack, it chooses Wrap right before me and it does it for 5 turns each time. I've never had any pokemon game lock into a cycle like that before.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Gen I. =D

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

BurningSonic

@Dankykong: If I remember correctly the trainers and wild Pokemon have infinite PP in Gen 1. So you would've been there until you've lost.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Rumorlife

@BurningSonic: It was a trainer in the Celadon Gym. Specifically the one before the cuttable bush on the right. Wrap is kind of a troll move anyway.
But I'm not sure you're correct on the infinite PP anyway, I swear I recall having a Metapod vs Kakuna battle and we just used Harden at each other until we both ran out at the same time and started using Struggle. But maybe my memory is hazy, and the Struggle was only on my side lol

The Harden/Struggle battle was experimental, but for EXP. Then the Wrap battle was specifically so I didn't have to split the EXP with another, but also because I was trying to figure out why the hell it was doing that and if I could get out of it and win anyway, which, if the stupid thing had actually not missed thrice, it would have worked. Two other times the game almost tried to do that with me and I managed to get out of it, specifically with the move Wrap.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.