Forums

Topic: GBA games possibly delayed until 2012 (ambassadors)

Posts 21 to 40 of 45

GeminiSaint

pikky wrote:

What was that thing at the end of the report about the chracteristic NES games? Either that's confirming they're releasing the NES Classics as five of the GBA games, or they're wrong about the delay, and they're still being offered this year. Unless I'm misreading it.

That was a mistake in the translation. The part about NES games was actually the first line from the next paragraph in the original article, where they proceed to explain the features of the ten NES ambassador games.

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

komicturtle

it doesn't mention Ambassador.. Maybe they are actually planning on selling these games to the public?

Also, consider this: Nintendo wants you to buy their games this holiday season. They are giving use 10 free quality GBA games and really, they didn't have to.

I am going to be disappointed if this happens but oh well.. Kinda expecting this since every time they say "end of month/later in the month" that means the month after. This time, they said by year's end.. Yeah, next year.

komicturtle

Mr_DSi

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

3DS: 3437-3059-8846
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lalalandtaco

Kagamine

KomicZ wrote:

it doesn't mention Ambassador.. Maybe they are actually planning on selling these games to the public?

Also, consider this: Nintendo wants you to buy their games this holiday season. They are giving use 10 free quality GBA games and really, they didn't have to.

I am going to be disappointed if this happens but oh well.. Kinda expecting this since every time they say "end of month/later in the month" that means the month after. This time, they said by year's end.. Yeah, next year.

did i not just say that they don't mention the word ambassador, oh well you can have the credit since people probably actually read your posts. i feel like mine get ignored 99% of the time

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

pikku

GeminiSaint wrote:

pikky wrote:

What was that thing at the end of the report about the chracteristic NES games? Either that's confirming they're releasing the NES Classics as five of the GBA games, or they're wrong about the delay, and they're still being offered this year. Unless I'm misreading it.

That was a mistake in the translation. The part about NES games was actually the first line from the next paragraph in the original article, where they proceed to explain the features of the ten NES ambassador games.

Oh, haha okay thanks for clarifying that.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

moomoo

Kid_A wrote:

UNACCEPTABLE!
I demand my undeserved 10 free games immediately!

I payed $80 more for my 3DS, and they promised to compensate. It is totally deserved.
Also, if they loved us, they'd give us Mother 3.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

LordTendoboy

bossmank wrote:

anybody else see that the word ambassador isn't in the translation?

Maybe Nintendo of Europe doesn't use the term "ambassador".

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Kagamine

tendoboy1984 wrote:

bossmank wrote:

anybody else see that the word ambassador isn't in the translation?

Maybe Nintendo of Europe doesn't use the term "ambassador".

very possible i guess, can anybody from Europe confirm/deny this?
and yay somebody actually read a post of mine!

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Hokori

moomoo wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

UNACCEPTABLE!
I demand my undeserved 10 free games immediately!

I payed $80 more for my 3DS, and they promised to compensate. It is totally deserved.
Also, if they loved us, they'd give us Mother 3.

may I ask why you payed $80 more?, was it because you wanted to? or were you forced?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Joeynator3000

Think he's referring to the original $250 price Darkrai....wait a minute. Darkrai?
GET BACK IN YOUR POKEBALL!!! throws a Pokeball

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Hokori

Eureka wrote:

Think he's referring to the original $250 price Darkrai....wait a minute. Darkrai?
GET BACK IN YOUR POKEBALL!!! throws a Pokeball

I know, but its not like he didnt want to pay $80 more or else he wouldnt have

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

komicturtle

@bossmank

Don't down that Serious Sauce.

Most of the time, it takes two to get things through people's heads

komicturtle

DF2506

I'm hoping this isn't true. Its Nintendo of Spain, not Nintendo of Europe, Japan or America. Those are the countries (especially Japan) where most of the Nintendo news comes from. So either A) this is a mistake like the recent Luigi thing was with Europe B) Spain is just getting the games later then most of us...or C) Its true and the people who run the Spain (and Germen) site put it on their site before they were supposed to.

I'd rather believe A) its a mistake. But the realist in me says that it could be true. I mean we haven't heard anything so far about the final five games or a date for the games to come out. Nor has the updated NES games come out yet (and I expected those to be out last month...). NOW its true Nintendo likes to wait to the last mintue to tell us anything. So they could very well wait till the last second to tell us they are coming out or that they are delayed. SIGH

I wasn't mad at Nintendo for lowering the price because other people in my family got a 3DS earlier than they thought. Plus hey, 20 FREE GAMES. This will be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY disappointing if its true. I just won't understand this. Don't they want to keep the early adoptors happy? I think they could, at the very least, get the five announced ones out this year and if we have to wait till January for the rest so be it. But to delay all of them till next year. I'm just not sure what Nintendo is thinking if this is true...

I was unhappy about the Update being delayed, but I'll be beyond unhappy if this is true. I've been looking forward to the GBA games a lot...

But you know, I guess there's nothing we can do expect hope its not true. crosses fingers

edit: lol. so today Nintendo UK said that the GBA games are coming this year. Yes they did make the Luigi mistake, but Nintendo UK is still a more realible source than Nintendo of Spain (honestly did not know there was a Nintendo of Spain before this news...). So I hope Nintendo gives us more news soon. Getting tired us this waiting game...

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

Eel

Well, I couldn't find the part where they say they've been delayed I found a list of their "features":

• No wireless.
  • No home menu.
  • No restore points.
  • No sleep mode, not even when the console is closed.
  • No street/spot pass.

Ain't these just great new features!?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Geonjaha

Morpheel wrote:

Well, I couldn't find the part where they say they've been delayed I found a list of their "features":

• No wireless.
  • No home menu.
  • No restore points.
  • No street/spot pass.

No wireless or streetpass/spot pass was expected and obvious. Restore points is a suprise but with GBA games its better without them. No home button or sleep mode is just stupid though...

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Joeynator3000

....Wait didn't TBD just lock this? o.0
Oh...never mind, just saw the other one, lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Geonjaha wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

• No wireless.
  • No home menu.
  • No restore points.
  • No street/spot pass.

No wireless or streetpass/spot pass was expected and obvious

Sorry, by that I meant that street pass and spot pass won't work while you play GBA games.

I'm guessing they'll enter DS mode and thus they'll work as if you were playing a GBA game on a DS (no sleep mode) on the 3DS (no home menu).

It also means no multiplayer for you.
But it also means we will be able to resize the screen as with normal DS games I guess.

So... If nintendo of spain is right... Soon we will be playing our 3DS on DS mode on GBA mode...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LordTendoboy

No home menu? So you can't exit to the home menu or use suspend points? They're Virtual Console games, so why would Nintendo remove those features? They kept those features in for the Game Boy games.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Eel

From that list, they seem to have more in common with DS games and DSiWare than Virtual Console games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.