Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 951

TsunamiSensei

Dynetheous wrote:

Speaking of hero mode......Can someone enlighten me about the "the hero mode might take awhile to complete" thingy? What is it?

Enemies do four times their usual amount of damage in hero mode. Most things will instantly kill you until you have six hearts. You die all the time, so the difficulty spike makes it a little longer.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

LzWinky

Nothing aside from an easter egg and four times the damage is added to Hero Mode

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dynetheous

Right, i know about the quadruple damage and the easter egg, im at Lorule in the hero mode, and I thought I saw somewhere online where it said there's something after you get all the items.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

CM30

There is a change in the ending if you beat Hero Mode, although it's very minor.

As for the difficulty... I found this game's difficulty to be perfectly fair to be honest. Zelda games have never been 'hard' since at least Zelda 2 on the NES, and this one is arguably a bit higher than that of the last few titles (especially the 3D ones and DS games). And hey, the combat's fun with the arcade style gameplay and the actually quite aggresive enemy AI.

P.S. As far as whether a difficult but annoying game or easy but fun game is better, I'd say there's no one answer to this. I mean, on the one hand, quite a few old NES era games were extremely hard, but were still enjoyable to play. And then you've got say, the Kirby and Wario series where the difficulty is mostly non existent (but where the games are still fun). I'd rather have a hard game like Zelda 2 than one with no difficulty at all, but I'd also simultaneously rather have something reasonable (like this game's normal mode) to something insanely hard to the point of being complete and utterly unfair (like say, SMW Lost Brain).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

AlGator

Since I took the week off work for the Thanksgiving holiday, I finished it today. It was a very fun game, and I thought the wall-merging ability was very well done. I'm slow, it took me 31 hours (although for several hours the game was paused while I played with the grandkids). I'm not ready to start the hero mode, I'd rather go back and replay the Ocarina of Time master quest first. (Ocarina is the game that's had the most play time on my 3DS, 43 hours 40 minutes.)

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s

CM30

So, has anyone seen this?

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/the-legend-of-zel...

Apparently, that weird stone tablet thing from the ending has normal Japanese text on it, meaning that someone who knows Japanese might be able to translate it and reveal more information about the game's storyline. Anyone up for the job?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

LzWinky

So are people actually playing this game looking for hints for that Majora's Mask 3D? Geez...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

DarkwingLz wrote:

So are people actually playing this game looking for hints for that Majora's Mask 3D? Geez...

Yes.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tasuki

DarkwingLz wrote:

Sadly yes. Of course the only thing that I saw is the mask in Link's house but then again I never played Major's Mask much so I maybe be missing other things.

Anyway after a break for a few days due to the holiday I finally got back into it. I just beat the Wind Temple (or whatever its called) and suffered my first defeat . Been trying to get all the lost octopus babies and so far I have 28 of them. And I dont know about anyone else but are you guys finding getting rupees a bit easy? I am about to hit 3000 rupees.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GuardianKing

Well, I went into the Lost Woods and suffered my first defeat as well...

I didn't want to reset because I was so happy I'd figured out how the dungeon worked, but now I have to go back to Ravio and rent a bunch of things again...

On a sidenote: does anyone know how to get the pegasus boots?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Tasuki

@GuardianKing:

They are in Karkariko village. The thief that stole the Zora's gem has them. What you do is turn into a painting by the building he is next too and pop out behind him to catch him. Once you do that he gives you the boots.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TeeJay

I just love love love the music in this game. For example, Hilda's theme is just perfect for her...it tells a story. Just by listening you can hear the despair, the hopelessness...but at the same time it's not just that. Hearing her theme you can tell that she used to be happy, but that has long been extinguished, and she stripped of her innocence in being forced to make the decisions she had to make...anyone else getting this?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LetsGoRetro

This site must have some master gamers for everyone to be saying it was so easy and they never died once... I died quite a few times, I believe in the low teens. And i found the renting system to be perfect. I rented a lot, I bought periodically, and I enjoyed the heck out of this game. The 3 Hyrule dungeons were definitely slightly underwhelming and short, but that was more than made up for with the Lorule dungeons, which were charming, clever, and even tricky sometimes. I got stuck about 4 times through the various Lorule dungeons, 1 of those times being enough that I had to check a guide. I guess I'm just not as skilled as some of you, which i'm grateful for, as it made this experience perfect for me in almost every way. Great ending, though, although...
*******Spoiler spoiler spoiler********
I really wish we got to see more of ganon other than yuga just merging with him. Didn't quite understand that.

LetsGoRetro

Spoony_Tech

@LetsGoRetro The only way I can seriously see someone not dying and I did as many as you is if they all hit the dungeon with the stronger mail first! I'm a Zelda fan through and through and found the challenge just right as well. Not quite done yet but almost there!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

I died only once in my first playthrough, but in hero mode I died numerous times, though the number of times descreased significantly after my first Lorule dungeon since I made sure to go through the one with the stronger mail first.

Hilda

I just went to the Fortune's Choice in Lorule to waste probably all 8000 of my Rupees to get that piece of heart, and the very first chest I opened was the piece of heart. Then I got a red rupee and a monster horn. Don't even care.

Oh, and I love you.

LzWinky

TeeJay wrote:

I died only once in my first playthrough, but in hero mode I died numerous times, though the number of times descreased significantly after my first Lorule dungeon since I made sure to go through the one with the stronger mail first.

Yeah, I went to that dungeon first because there are quite a few enemies in Lorule that did 8 hearts worth of damage without it

Hilda wrote:

I just went to the Fortune's Choice in Lorule to waste probably all 8000 of my Rupees to get that piece of heart, and the very first chest I opened was the piece of heart. Then I got a red rupee and a monster horn. Don't even care.

I got the heart piece, a monster tail and a green rupee

Edited on by LzWinky

TeeJay

You get a piece of heart for playing the game? Grrrrgh. I hate games of chance...it was better in Ocarina of Time when you could cheat with the Lens of Truth. :/

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

You get a piece of heart for playing the game? Grrrrgh. I hate games of chance...it was better in Ocarina of Time when you could cheat with the Lens of Truth. :/

Its not like its hard. I just went down the middle for all my picks and it took me like 4 or 5 trys. I actually made over 1000 doing it!

Anywho I'm over to the final dungeon and have everything I can possible have.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Stereoman

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@LetsGoRetro The only way I can seriously see someone not dying and I did as many as you is if they all hit the dungeon with the stronger mail first! I'm a Zelda fan through and through and found the challenge just right as well. Not quite done yet but almost there!

thats not true techy. I for example admitetly died one time in baby normal mode ( yeah for a hardcore gamer its a shame). But not because of the main content , just cause of the bonus dungeon about the 50 floors to gain the heartpiece. So going 50 floors first time unprepared in one run without strongest gear is probably prown to death.
But seriously all dungeons + lorule castle are ridiculously easy in baby normal mode. I can understand that zelda is no hardcore game cause it has to get those 7 year old boys as future new zelda customers hooked. But seriously nintendo does underestimate kids these days. Just look your nephew how quick he is. I dont think kids are that stupid that they need baby mode for zelda link between worlds. The balancing is not well made.

Anyway the only fun and challenging mode since ancient times is going 3 heart runs in either mode. But since i beat normal mode i tried hero mode with 3 heart run. And yes there u are prown to die even if you got some fairies cause enemys insta kill you. Like for example even if you got level 3 armor at final boss he still one hit kills you
But well thats part of the challenge i guess ....
So you guys just play one time for story in normal mode and will forever forget link between worlds or your looking for more meat in that game?
Since i now finished hero mode with 3 hearts there is not much to do. Only real challenge and sort of "endgame" is beat any form of shadowlinks with only 3 hearts ( yes its totally possible , needs good micro). Or try to clock in 999 seconds on that cucco frenzy minigame. Though i dont think i got the nerve to go straight to 999 minutes. Which means u have to watch over 15 minutes at tiny chicken and dodge em, gets boring after a while. But my cuccoo highscore is 340 seconds survival in endless mode. Idk if i should attempt 999. Maybe more chore and less fun or challenge ....

cheers folks

ps: one spoiler hint for newcomer guys , blue armor is NOT last armor, if you struggle for any reason u can even get level 3 armor, but very very late in the game. but pssst i dont spoil where its hidden
ps2: level 3 armor looks sexy

Edited on by Stereoman

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.