Forums

Topic: Wii U / 3DS eShop Exclusive Titles

Posts 241 to 260 of 269

ralphdibny

@Tyranexx same here! But I don't think I quite realised how intrinsic they were to my life for so long until the weekend. It stirred up so many memories 🥹

See ya!

ralphdibny

Soooo, my final purchases...

• 3x Ace Attorney games (Dual Destinies, Spirits of Justice and Apollo Justice) + all their relevant DLCs
  • All the Japanese Rail Sim games on 3DS that were on sale for less than a couple quid each. No idea why I bought these but I thought they looked interesting and look like they are recordings of different train lines in Japan. You normally can't sit at the front of trains in the UK but there is one train called the DLR (docklands light railway) in South East and East London where you can. And I always enjoy getting the front or back seat (if I can 😅). I think I have recorded the journey on my phone, but maybe I should actually do it with my 3DS next time I take the DLR!
  • RPG Maker FES for 4 quid. I doubt I'll use this but I had some eShop credit left
  • about a million 3DS themes. Exaggeration but I got all the Sega console/arcade themes, some sonic, shadow and Amy rose themes, Ashley from Wario ware themes (love the music) and the snake eater 3D theme
  • Wario Ware Touched (Wii U VC)
  • Affordable Space Adventures. Doesn't look like my bag but it comes so highly recommended.
  • 3x NES Zapper games on Wii U VC (bayou Billy, Hogan's alley and wild gunman - I already had duck hunt)
  • Star Fox Command (Wii U VC)
  • All remaining Streetpass Mii Plaza DLC

And that's it! I picked up everything else over the last year. I'd say I got most of the first and 2nd party content that was listed in Post #1 during that time.

Definitely satisfied and it feels like a weight off my shoulder to no longer have this eShop closure be "pending" and to have actually finished the hacking projects that I had in the back of my mind for so long (years!) makes me feel a lot lighter too

See ya!

ralphdibny

Eel wrote:

I somehow managed to get a new wiiu game….
Not one I wanted, mind you.

Which one?! 😅

See ya!

Tyranexx

@ralphdibny Oh for sure! I picked up my OG red 3DS during my college years. That unit helped me through some crazy life changes and times in general. My main unit is now my SNES N3DS XL, but that red unit still sees some occasional use. I did have to do a battery swap at one point - back in 2017 - but thankfully Nintendo still shipped replacement batteries then. I don't really recommend playing Bravely Default while tethered to a wall.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

ralphdibny wrote:

Eel wrote:

I somehow managed to get a new wiiu game….
Not one I wanted, mind you.

Which one?! 😅

So, the Lightwood Games Twitter account had some codes, meant to be for one of their 3DS games. But they didn’t work on the 3DS. So out of morbid curiosity I tried them on the WiiU… and it gave me Crystorld.

To add to the confusion, that game is not by Lightwood Games!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

To anyone who downloaded RPG Maker, or the free Player app, it seems the service to download games from other players will end tomorrow. So you might want to download some content quick.

Bloop.

Simon97

Greetings, is there a thread where i could ask around about which SD cards or USB sticks to get for Wii U and 3DS?

I do not think i would need a 1 TB or 2TB hard drive for Wii U because 128 Gb or 256 GB is definitely enough and there are pretty cheap SDmicro cards or USB sticks which are cheaper than a hard drive.

But does SD cards actually work or do they not work?

And what about USB sticks for Wii U? USB sticks obviously would not work for 3DS, right? But they might work for Wii U? The Nintendo web site says something about "external USB device" and a USB stick is kind of a device.

Simon97

Simon97

Eel wrote:

To anyone who downloaded RPG Maker, or the free Player app, it seems the service to download games from other players will end tomorrow. So you might want to download some content quick.

Ah okay, i actually downloaded the RPG Maker player as freeware after i could not buy nay more stuff for 3DS, when i still could get stuff from eshop but could not add funds. I also downloaded a bunch of demos and two free pokemon games. I have not tried Rumble World yet, but i played some pokemon picross and..what an interesting little game which locks you out of advancing to new levels unless you pay for picrites or get picrites.

(Getting picrites takes a long time just through play-grinding)

Then there is more, yes, there is more. There is also the energy level which makes it hard to play more than a few levels before loosing out on the energy. and having to wait five hours for energy to reload. Unless....you guessed it, Picrites! Buying picrites or using picrites gets you more energy. Buying picrites is no longer possible though. But it seems like Pokemon picross is one of the worst free to play concepts i have tried on any console. Compared to for example hearthstone which is almost too generous.

Well i guess Hearthstone is more like "pay to win" and Pokemon is more like "pay to advance longer than the third level".

Oh well, i guess it is not exactly new to many here who played Pokemon Picross before. I only played Marios picross on the original game boy which i enjoyed back in the days. Pokemon picross is..not quite as good. Apart from the pay for picrites to play mechanics, i also think Pokemon picross is way too hard even in the early stages. Marios picross had a better difficulty curve as i recall it.

Anyway, RPG Maker Player was anothe rof the freeware games i picked up but it sounds kind of tough to not be able to play any of the games.. :/ But there are rpg maker titles on other formats so i guess it is not such a big deal..

Simon97

Simon97

Matt_Barber wrote:

My last Wii U eShop purchase was the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle which gave me Affordable Space Adventures, Darksiders II, Freedom Planet, Shantae and the Pirates Curse, Runbow, Swords and Soldiers II and Citizens of Earth. That's actually good chunk of what I'd consider the essentials right there.
For the 3DS, it was rounding up the remainder of the Guild games. It's sad to see all that innovation go down with the ship. They're still available on Japan-only cartridge, I guess, but good luck ever finding one.

I bought the same bundle once but i think maybe i never redeemed the code for Citizens of Earth! And since you apparently still can redeem codes (but not buy new games with eshop money), i should maybe check it out. Maybe i still have one more code to redeem for a game.

Simon97

Eel

Just got a code for Silver Falls Undertakers, so yay one more game on the 2DS. Off to the “etc” folder you go, Face Raiders, the “games” folder doesn't need you as filler anymore.

I originally wanted Silver Falls Gaiden because it looks very unique, but they ran out of those very quickly.

Bloop.

Tounushi

What folders do you lovely people have on your 3DS and Wii U for your games?

Mine:
3DS: NES, Game Boy, 3DS, Game Gear, Mario, Etrian, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, Kunio, Kid Icarus, Excave, Mega Man, Ace Attn., Picross, Persona
Wii U: NES, SNES, N64, Wii, Wii U, Turbografx-16, GBA, GB, unsorted, Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Final Fight, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Bonk, F-Zero, Bomberman

Maxed out my 3DS folder before franchise sorting some of the icons. Another reason why I prefer physical media.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Eel

I like to keep the home screen small, so on my 2DS I just have all the digital games organized within two folders, plus another one for system stuff, demos, and videos.

On my XL I do have more folders: One for retail downloads, one for virtual console, two for 3DS download games (which I keep in alphabetical order), one for DSiWare, one for the ambassador games, one for apps, and finally another one for the system stuff.

Bloop.

dok5555555

I posted this on another site, so not sure if it was redeemed, but haven't had any response, so might still work. Figured I'd post here just in case since codes won't work soon anyways.

Flipnote Studios 3D (US): B0KB MX57 3HST D79K

dok5555555

Eel

I figure it should still work if it hasn’t been redeemed

Can’t really test it myself though

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

For 3DS I just have NES/GB/GBA/eShop

It's across two sd cards which makes it far more manageable. (though it does mean GBA is empty for one of them)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic