Forums

Topic: Upgraded Cave Story coming to eShop

Posts 101 to 120 of 369

Undead_terror

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

dark-insanity wrote:

it would be nice to have a survival mode!,co-op survival mode? even better

Nemesis challenge is like a survival mode, with you using a very weak weapon (To an extent), and starting with 10 HP. There are lots of pits and enemies that can kill you instantly, so that's harder than the final area! Hope it will also get the online Leaderboard update like the Steam version will. If it displays the best time like the steam version as well, that will make me happy.

so its limited?,like move from area to area til you get to the last level

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

I haven't recieved a response, so I sent a email again via the email link on the eshop. I see that their twitter is very active, however, so could anyone who's also wondering about this game post on their page asking for CS+ info? I would be thankful, as i don't use twitter. Hopefully I will get a reply from them on email soon, though!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

CrankyBonesGaming

I have mailed them to. Only thing now is to blay the waiting game. i hate the waiting game soo much

CrankyBonesGaming

rayword45

I seriously hope Cave Story 3D is given these features in an update, otherwise the pricing makes no sense, and those with the retail version will feel cheated (since the package seems to be very bare-bones in comparison)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

TheDreamingHawk

rayword45 wrote:

I seriously hope Cave Story 3D is given these features in an update, otherwise the pricing makes no sense, and those with the retail version will feel cheated (since the package seems to be very bare-bones in comparison)

Umm... You know that CS3D has 45 extra life points, longer areas, ETC. 100%ing the game is a little harder than the other versions, so I don't think it's a ripoff. I just want a release date.

CanisWolfred

MattEriks wrote:

I have mailed them to. Only thing now is to blay the waiting game. i hate the waiting game soo much

It's easier if you simply think of other things and trust that the news will come to you eventually.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheDreamingHawk

Mickeymac wrote:

MattEriks wrote:

It's easier if you simply think of other things and trust that the news will come to you eventually.

Nicalis hasn't said anything on it since, so it's a bad thing to email/twitter them for info? I mean, usually Nicalis posts on twitter often, in fact, that's where they revealed VVVVVV's european release date, Nightsky info, ETC.

rayword45

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

[/div]

Umm... You know that CS3D has 45 extra life points, longer areas, ETC. 100%ing the game is a little harder than the other versions, so I don't think it's a ripoff. I just want a release date.

If by longer areas, you mean the bonus rooms based of unfinished rooms in the beta, then that's here too. It was in CS+ PC.

CS3D has basically NO features over CS+, and actually omits a bonus mode from the DSIWARE version although adding some stuff (Jukebox)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

TheDreamingHawk

rayword45 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

If by longer areas, you mean the bonus rooms based of unfinished rooms in the beta, then that's here too. It was in CS+ PC.

CS3D has basically NO features over CS+, and actually omits a bonus mode from the DSIWARE version although adding some stuff (Jukebox)

I don't mean the challenges. I'm talking about areas like inner wall (Which was in CS + nemesis challenge), Egg corridor detour, ETC. It's the more life capsules and longer areas that makes CS3D stand out.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

CanisWolfred

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MattEriks wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Nicalis hasn't said anything on it since, so it's a bad thing to email/twitter them for info? I mean, usually Nicalis posts on twitter often, in fact, that's where they revealed VVVVVV's european release date, Nightsky info, ETC.

Do you really think they'll give you information that they're not already making public?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Djrr-ific

rayword45 wrote:

[/div]

Those people bought a great REMAKE(which I can't find ANYWHERE in stores over here..). This is the original + version. Two different games.. and besides, you're not forced to buy anything..

This is going to be my first Cave Story

EDIT: Looks like it's coming soon!

Coming from Nicalis' Twitter...

Australia and New Zealand should be happy to know that Cave Story and NightSky (both for eShop) in review by OFLC. Want 1001 Spikes, too?

Edited on by Djrr-ific

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2047-4489

RetroGBHippie92

Djrr-ific wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Those people bought a great REMAKE(which I can't find ANYWHERE in stores over here..). This is the original + version. Two different games.. and besides, you're not forced to buy anything..

This is going to be my first Cave Story

EDIT: Looks like it's coming soon!

Coming from Nicalis' Twitter...

Australia and New Zealand should be happy to know that Cave Story and NightSky (both for eShop) in review by OFLC. Want 1001 Spikes, too?

Yeah I heard about this just yesterday! This is great news for us since we never got the DSiware version, I love you now Nicalis, but you greatly disappointed me for at least the year and a half it took you to announce anything for our handhelds here in NZ/OZ.
It's good they also mentioned NightSky and 1001 Spikes, it would've been another 6 months before mention of any of their software ever being released here, if at all, it's lucky they mentioned all this through twitter.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

TheDreamingHawk

They also posted on twitter that Night sky will be sent to nintendo after E3 Testing, amd that Cave story was rated by the Australian rating system. (NightSky was a little too). Look like CS+ could come near the end of the month, with NightSky soon after.

rayword45

Look, just please try to sympathize with us who have it and are short on cash, alright?

We bought CS3D, and while it featured far less bonuses then expected, the 3D effect satisfied some.

Then this version is coming out, for MUCH less then the 3DS version. And with FAR MORE content. In such a short time period, it's rather easy to feel cheated.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Hokori

I hope we get Ikachan soon as well as night sky for dsiware or 3DSWare

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SonyFACE

Yay! Nothing gets me pumped like even more Cave Story! vomits eghh not...

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

TheDreamingHawk

rayword45 wrote:

Look, just please try to sympathize with us who have it and are short on cash, alright?

We bought CS3D, and while it featured far less bonuses then expected, the 3D effect satisfied some.

Then this version is coming out, for MUCH less then the 3DS version. And with FAR MORE content. In such a short time period, it's rather easy to feel cheated.

Zelda Ocarina of time came out on the wii VC for $10, and Zelda OOT3D costs $40. The latter is a remake, like CS3D. This upcoming version is of the original game with the beta areas and bonuses included.

Retro_on_theGo

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

[/div]

Zelda Ocarina of time came out on the wii VC for $10, and Zelda OOT3D costs $40. The latter is a remake, like CS3D. This upcoming version is of the original game with the beta areas and bonuses included.

Are you trying to make him feel more cheated?

Odnetnin

@TheDreamingHawk He was ripped off. Don't try to make it sound otherwise.

Other than the above, I'm loving all of the Cave Story nerdage in here, what with people debating the relative merits of each port and the inclusion on omission of certain beta elements, etc... I thought I was the only one who cared about this type of stuff.

EDIT: Retro, commented on your BL.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.