Forums

Topic: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Posts 401 to 420 of 457

Ragnarok10

I just got Suteki Da Ne (FFX) all critical on ultimate.

Ragnarok10

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6583-3370

Becky430

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a player named Jimmy. We battled online today for hours, and I'm hoping with all my heart to play again soon. So Jimmy if you see this, please let me know! -Becky

Theatrhythm Curtain Call Name: Becky

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1655-0926

Ragnarok10

Does anyone have any specific goals for the game? Here are mine:

• Get critical chain for every basic song.
  • Get full critical chart for every advanced song.
  • Get perfect chain for every ultimate field song.
  • Stretch goal: Get critical chain for every advanced song.
  • Stretch goal: Get full critical chart for every ultimate song.

I know there's no way I'll get perfect chain for every ultimate song.

Ragnarok10

Spoony_Tech

I'll be happy with doing everything for the basics and Expert. I'll try to do the FMS's on ultimate but the BMS's there is just no way I'm ever going to even come close on most of them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jordie

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'll be happy with doing everything for the basics and Expert. I'll try to do the FMS's on ultimate but the BMS's there is just no way I'm ever going to even come close on most of them.

THIS!
Some songs on ultimate are feasable, others... require some serious, serious skill. Which I don't have. Which I do not have the time to aquire. But I'm always happy playing this game at my own pace.

Ragnarok10 wrote:

Does anyone have any specific goals for the game?

Same as yours. Probably gonna try for All Critical on basic and advanced songs. Not sure about the ultimate songs in general. Maybe Perfect Chains, maybe Full Critical Charts, maybe just clearing them will be okay.

3DS FC: 2964 - 9993 - 9139
NNID: muchlyJord
in-game character name: Kurai

Ragnarok10

Jordie wrote:

Same as yours. Probably gonna try for All Critical on basic and advanced songs. Not sure about the ultimate songs in general. Maybe Perfect Chains, maybe Full Critical Charts, maybe just clearing them will be okay.

Clearing the ultimate songs isn't too bad, especially if you have a defensive/healing character. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'll ever get a perfect chain on Force Your Way from FFVIII.

Ragnarok10

Jordie

Ragnarok10 wrote:

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'll ever get a perfect chain on Force Your Way from FFVIII.

On ultimate? Probably never. But I can dream... Anyway, this is what I meant when I said I don't really have plans for ultimate songs. I go from song to song and see what I think I could accomplish. Mostly it goes like this:
Before ultimate song: Hm, the advanced one was okay, not too hard, wonder how many criticals I can get on ultimate...?
After ultimate song: Um... I guess clearing is okay for now. (Sheesh, look at all the bad/missed notes, if I didn't have ~defensive/healing character or item~ I'd be dead...)

Spoony_Tech

There's always that one part of an ultimate BMS that I can't seem to do. Its like a ridiculous 15 to 25 second part that I just seem to wing it and do the best I can. I usually just end up very frustrated and don't like it. I don't get enjoyment out of frustration like that so I just do them to see how hard they are then move on of ridiculously difficult. I have more then enough fun from expert though.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jordie

It's especially bad if they have those ridiculously short hold triggers with a slide at the end and THEN a bunch of slides afterwards interspersed with more tap notes. Rinse and repeat that a few times and I can't even get back into the song for a few notes after that segment is done because I'm just sooo confused (as are my fingers). But I don't let that frustrate me, I'll leave those songs to people who are dedicated and have the reflexes required for such madness. I don't.

Ragnarok10

Jordie wrote:

On ultimate? Probably never. But I can dream...

Yeah on ultimate. I can't think of a harder song on ultimate...

Ragnarok10

Jordie

I haven't played all of the ultimate BMS's yet (still working on all the basics and advanced ones since there's so many and the DLC) and I forgot about those I played from the first installment (but I do remember the horror), but yeah Force Your Way is definitely one of the harder ones.

Ragnarok10

If anyone wants fast rhythmia I found a bug that can help. If you change the date on your 3DS you can play daily specials multiple times. I don't know how far back or forward in time you can go, but I was able to do a day I missed and a day twice by changing my date back by a day and forward again.

Ragnarok10

Spoony_Tech

I don't Luke messing with the date and such ever, it messes with street passing and I don't like that.

MERG said:

Ragnarok10

Yeah, I understand. When I noticed the issue I was actually fixing my time, which was off by an hour. I don't plan on doing it in general either.

Ragnarok10

Ragnarok10

I almost got an all critical chain on Don't Be Afraid from FFVIII. Got one "great" on the second to last note...

Ragnarok10

Spoony_Tech

I myself haven't played in about 2 to 3 weeks. For me now it's more of a relaxing thing. Although my time with Fantasy Life Is starting to dwindle down after about 185 hours. Those news dlc songs would definitely get me back in for sure.

MERG said:

HandheldGuru97

After seeing the DLC news I fired good old Theatrhythm CC: too. I was sick throughout most of September so I barely touched this one compared to the 1st one. Yet from the little bit I've pounded through, I am in love. So much better than the first, a sleeper hit this year for sure, my backlog doesn't need more at the moment...but I'll be on a four hour flight on Christmas Eve, a pair of headphones Theatrhythm: CC, sounds mighty fine. Excited to see some Chrono Trigger coming, and after DQ Theatrhythm...maybe their is hope...maybe

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Ragnarok10

@Drac_Mazoku
Are you going to go for all critical chains?

Ragnarok10

Ragnarok10

Yep I had to make a spreadsheet to keep track of them. While I don't plan on going for all critical for every song I still want to know which ones I got.

Ragnarok10

Ragnarok10

I've played for 190 hours so far. Here are my stats, all out of 223 songs:
PC = perfect chain
TC = total critical chart
AC = all critical chain

Basic PC Missing: 0
Basic TC Missing: 11
Basic AC Missing: 66
Advanced PC Missing: 0
Advanced TC Missing: 54
Advanced AC Missing: 129
Ultimate PC Missing: 104
Ultimate TC Missing: 170
Ultimate AC Missing: 203

I'm just about finished with the last quest medley trophy so I should start working exclusively on the song completion soon.

Ragnarok10

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.