Forums

Topic: The "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave |OT|Summers almost over might as well go out riding some chillwaves. (demo out today)

Posts 361 to 378 of 378

RR529

FarukoSH wrote:

Go it, great freaking game, i even feel bad that i didnt bought it before... but heres a question

how do i get new DenpaMens ? do i really need to go to places with wifi/radio signals ? if that so then that REALLY hurts my gameplay, i really dont want to look like a stupid 24 years old guy on the mall with a 3DS XL searching for those...

Yes, there are only a certain amount of Denpa Men in a particular area, so you'll probably have to search in other places (If you don't want to do it in public, just do it at a friend's/relative's house).

Although, you can also trade Denpa Men via QR codes. There are both NA and EU trading threads up where people have posted some good Denpa Men (you have to clear the first few dungeons before you can use QR codes, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RetroGBHippie92

Yes! I just bet The Denpamen, well that was a brilliantly challenging Final Boss, I bet both the Main Story and the entire Post Story as well. I had to grind my entire party to Lvl 99 because he was freaking hard, no really, he spammed so many elemental attacks and I already had all the right equipment, clothes and denpamen to take him on, but he was still way harder than any of the enemies in the game. So he nearly wiped me out, but I had a good strategy going the whole battle, so he didn't completely eliminate me. I'm disappointed they didn't make a New Game+, because the whole last dungeon was still way pretty easy (after grinding heavily in previous dungeons).
I'm now ready for The Denpamen 2, I wonder how long it's going to take them to localise it, because I don't want to wait as long as I did for it to come to our eShop.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Magikarp3

Anyone got any tips on completing the first bonus dungeon? I've passed the recommended level by quite a bit and yet still get TPKO'd by doom bees and golden hams D:

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

RetroGBHippie92

Magikarp wrote:

Anyone got any tips on completing the first bonus dungeon? I've passed the recommended level by quite a bit and yet still get TPKO'd by doom bees and golden hams D:

If you want to get past the doom bees and golden games, then find a few denpamen with the light-based attacks, like weak beam/laserbeam/supernova etc, and equip your denpamen with items that protect against dark-type attacks. Golden hams don't really have any weaknesses that I can remember. My best bet for you is to just catch denpamen with abilities only, I barely even used non-antennae denpamen, even if they were more stronger than antennae denpamen. Also you need to experiment and find the weaknesses yourself like I did, plus read up the digital manual, it'll give you some hints as to what to do.
One last thing, use denpamen that buff your attack stat and critical, they will help you immensely with the final boss.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery

nindenpamen

bumping to make this topic active again

nindenpamen

Birdman

@nindenpamen - NL forums don't move ridiculously fast, so there really isn't a need to "bump" a thread. If there's nothing about a game that someone wants to talk about, there's nothing about that games someone wants to talk about atm.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Commandervide0

I finally fully completed this last week. 25hrs it says it took me but the activity log says 38hrs, probably because of all the restarts
I defeated the three bosses at the end of the last dungeon with a team that ranged from level 49 to 56 and only two antanae denpa men (Revive and full heal)
I then defeated the true king (The final King of evil) the day after, after a bit of grinding that is, with the exact same team with levels of 52 to 63. I'm kinda glad it's over, it was a bit of a slog in a way.

Also do you get anything for owning every item in the game?
Cos there's a guy who counts how many you have owned and how many you need to go.

Commandervide0

RR529

Astro wrote:

I finally fully completed this last week. 25hrs it says it took me but the activity log says 38hrs, probably because of all the restarts
I defeated the three bosses at the end of the last dungeon with a team that ranged from level 49 to 56 and only two antanae denpa men (Revive and full heal)
I then defeated the true king (The final King of evil) the day after, after a bit of grinding that is, with the exact same team with levels of 52 to 63. I'm kinda glad it's over, it was a bit of a slog in a way.

Also do you get anything for owning every item in the game?
Cos there's a guy who counts how many you have owned and how many you need to go.

If you collect every single item, I believe you get a special thing at the start of Denpa Men 2.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HornsDino

Bit of an odd question perhaps, but how far can you get in this game by just auto-attacking? I ask because my 6 year old loves the demo, but he can't read that well so the gameplay subtleties elude him. But he loves collecting Denpa men and sending them into the dungeon to fight (he just autoattacks).
That was enough to get him through the demo dungeon (with a bit of grinding, obviously), buy how long would that remain a viable style of play?
If dungeon two suddenly becomes rock hard with the need for clever use of items and strategy then there is no point buying him the full game.

HornsDino

Spoony_Tech

As long as he changes his men every dungeon he probably could get half way through. Each dungeon needs specific men with the right attacks to make it an easy auto fight.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Aquilalex

this game in nothing repetitive, in every new dungeon, you have to change your party to be prepared for the incoming enemies, very fun indeed

Yo sobrevivi al apocalipsis Maya!
3DS Friendcode: 3866-8133-8514

HornsDino

Tech101 wrote:

As long as he changes his men every dungeon he probably could get half way through. Each dungeon needs specific men with the right attacks to make it an easy auto fight.

OK, thanks man, useful info.

HornsDino

iwanttodie

In my game an Ice Dragon used Fire Breath. Is this normal?

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

RetroGBHippie92

@Shadowing Yes it is normal, but I don't particularly remember them using Fire Breath...

Anyway, The Denpa men 2: Beyond the Waves comes out on the 30th, I've already made a thread prior, so go post there about the sequel, ok guys? awesome.

My Backloggery

May_Nyan

According to the advert this game is £5.69 on sale but when I look in the shop it's £6.39
Why is this =S

May_Nyan

iBazly

Just a question for everyone: I finished the main game but have yet to do the bonus dungeons. What is a good way to grind at this point in the game? I feel like the first bonus dungeon, the first monster just blasted through my Denpa men, but then the last dungeon in the game isn't awarding a lot of experience and I feel like I'm levelling up slowly. Any tips?

Edited on by iBazly

Magikarp3

Bazly wrote:

Just a question for everyone: I finished the main game but have yet to do the bonus dungeons. What is a good way to grind at this point in the game? I feel like the first bonus dungeon, the first monster just blasted through my Denpa men, but then the last dungeon in the game isn't awarding a lot of experience and I feel like I'm levelling up slowly. Any tips?

It's been a while, but the first bonus dungeon is the Volcano, right? Because all the monsters there have seriously powerful area-of-effect moves, and I had a lot of trouble there as well. I'd suggest grinding at the end of the second last dungeon, because the last dungeon has Dark Dragons which don't give out much exp at all.

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Kenchi

I love this game! I would really love to find an "Always Treasure" and a "Double Gold" Denpa! I have two "shiny" antenna root Denpas that haven't sprouted yet.

Switch Friend Code: 6267 6151 9714
3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.