Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 5,084

Mansa

Yellowgerbil wrote:

How do you guys think the story mode will play out? I mean they confirmed it will not be exactly like the Subspace Emissary.

In the last game, story mode was more of a chore than a way to have fun and relax to me... I just do not have high hopes for it in the next game....

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

K964

Kryce wrote:

hey what do think megaman's leaf shield attack command is ?
I thought it was down+special but then I saw the Top spin in the developer's direct.

Froma what we've seen, I think his moveset is as follows:
Standard Attack: Mega Buster
Strong Side: Mega Buster
Strong Up: Mega Upper
Strong Down: Slide
Dash Attack: Top Spin
Neutral Air: Mega Buster
Forward Air: Flame Sword
Backward Air: Slash Claw
Down Air: Hard Knuckle
Up Air: Air Shooter
Side Smash: Charge Shot
Up Smash: Spark Shock
Down Smash: Flame Blast
Up Special: Rush Coil
Crash Bomb, Metal Blades, and Leaf Shield are definitely special moves, but their inputs are anyone's guess (except Sakurai and his team of course).

Edit: Sorry, forgot the dash attack.

Edited on by K964

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Mansa

wouldn't slide be his dash attack?

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

K964

Based on the developer direct and the way you slide in the Mega Man games, I'm confident in my list. Granted this is just an educated guess about a game that's about a year or two away, so it might not be final.

DreamyViridi

I believe from what I've seen, Mega Man's Up-Air is Air Shooter.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

K964

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I believe from what I've seen, Mega Man's Up-Air is Air Shooter.

Updated, that was really easy to miss.

The_Ninja

I just had an idea. Sakurai said the 3DS version will have a more customizeable experience. I thought it would be awesome if you could customize a characther! Every char would have extra moves, and you can replace the default moveset with your own! It sounds overpowered, but I guess there could be some limitations.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MegaStoneSmash91

K964 wrote:

Kryce wrote:

hey what do think megaman's leaf shield attack command is ?
I thought it was down+special but then I saw the Top spin in the developer's direct.

Froma what we've seen, I think his moveset is as follows:
Standard Attack: Mega Buster
Strong Side: Mega Buster
Strong Up: Mega Upper
Strong Down: Slide
Dash Attack: Top Spin
Neutral Air: Mega Buster
Forward Air: Flame Sword
Backward Air: Slash Claw
Down Air: Hard Knuckle
Up Air: Air Shooter
Side Smash: Charge Shot
Up Smash: Spark Shock
Down Smash: Flame Blast
Up Special: Rush Coil
Crash Bomb, Metal Blades, and Leaf Shield are definitely special moves, but their inputs are anyone's guess (except Sakurai and his team of course).

Edit: Sorry, forgot the dash attack.

You nailed it.

As for Leaf Shield, Metal Blade, and Crash Bomber, I was thinking:

Leaf Shield: Down Special. He is seen using it in the air and on the ground, so as you said it is a special move for sure. However, in the Developer Direct he activated the attack by ducking first when he was on the ground, which makes it obvious.

Metal Blade: Neutral Special. Due to the 8-direction nature of the attack, putting this move on anything but just one button would be silly. It will operate just as it did in the original game.

Crash Bomber: Side Special. Kind of obvious by the horizontal movement of the attack. And in Mega Man 2 you could not fire it in any direction like the Metal Blade, just forward.

And as for the Air Shooter, what is you guys' source on that? Don't remember seeing it anywhere....

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

K964

Have you seen the video of a match between Mario and Mega Man? Mega Man uses it right before it changes to sudden death.

The_Ninja

K964 wrote:

Have you seen the video of a match between Mario and Mega Man? Mega Man uses it right before it changes to sudden death.

can you give me the link,please?

The_Ninja

K964

Mansa

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I just had an idea. Sakurai said the 3DS version will have a more customizeable experience. I thought it would be awesome if you could customize a characther! Every char would have extra moves, and you can replace the default moveset with your own! It sounds overpowered, but I guess there could be some limitations.

I really wish our a mii characters can be in this game. If they were, maybe we would have been allowed to do that with them and at the start of the video, I was not laughing at the fact that mario, link, and kirby was playing wit fit. I laughed at the way mario turned back when the wit fit trainer tapped him.

Edit: Am I the only one who thinks that bowser's new stance looks a little weird compared to brawl?

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

VortexxPrime

It would be neat to see our Villager in Animal Crossing: New Leaf be able to transfer over to the 3DS version complete with custom outfit! I know that is unlikely to happen however. Nintendo doesn't usually go for that kind of connectivity in their games.

I love the classics (Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon), games that break the mold (Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Fez, Smash Bros) and games with a powerful and captivating story (Metal Gear, Dead Space, Fallout 3).

3DS Friend Code: 5455-9631-9591

The_Ninja

Dev wrote:

In today's Pic of the Day, there's a screenshot of a new traveling stage inspired by New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D Land. It must be similar to Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl.
Untitled

I was about to post that

The_Ninja

The_Ninja

The 3DS version is so beautiful! The cel shaded art is just perfect! And it's not like I'm gonna geta Wii U soon.

The_Ninja

Orngeblu

NintendoMonkey wrote:

The 3DS version is so beautiful! The cel shaded art is just perfect! And it's not like I'm gonna geta Wii U soon.

Untitled

Smash 3DS isn't cel-shaded. The only reason anyone thinks that is because of the black outlines of characters, which Sakurai has said himself that the 3DS has a small screen, so the black outlines helps you see them better. The graphics were obviously downgraded because it's not a Wii U of course. (Not that it matters) I always see a lot of people saying it's cel-shaded...lol.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

The_Ninja

Orngeblu wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Untitled

Smash 3DS isn't cel-shaded. The only reason anyone thinks that is because of the black outlines of characters, which Sakurai has said himself that the 3DS has a small screen, so the black outlines helps you see them better. The graphics were obviously downgraded because it's not a Wii U of course. (Not that it matters) I always see a lot of people saying it's cel-shaded...lol.

I guess you're right,but it still looks so good.

The_Ninja

Mansa

Like I said before it reminds me of comic book graphics, but anyway anyone wonders what chrom's move set would be like if he joins this game? I am hoping that his standard smash attack will be his aether attack. It could be a two stepped move like links.He first swings his sword up to knock the opponent slightly into the air and regain a tiny bit of health, then finish it off with a strong dash attack. (The only difference is the part he knock his opponent into the air.)

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

zoroarkrules25

Untitled

What is this!? That's not the wii fit trainers, we saw her full moveset already.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

The_Ninja

Untitled

What is this,some sort of rasengan?

The_Ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.