Forums

Topic: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion

Posts 861 to 880 of 980

Pokefanmum82

Only on the second island, been too busy to play right now. Have Rockruff, Hawlucha, Zorua, Pichu, Buneary and Noibat.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

BlackTalon

I now have a newly evolved Tyrantrum and Vikavolt on my team, i need the Tyrantrum too, my team is weak to fire and electric and rock. And i caught a Turtonator too.

Im on Ula Ula island and i just beat the ghost trial.

So i have Talonflame, Chargabug, Vikavolt, Golisopod, Araquanid, Wishiwashi, Tyrantrum, Skarmory, Turtonator for my playthrough, and i will be adding Clawitzer soon. Which ones should use when i face the Pokemon League?

BlackTalon

Mimikyu92

Beat the elite 4, final team: Lycanroc(dusk) he came clutch for me pretty much every totem, Umbreon, Golduck, Pinsir, Mimikyu wrecked worlds for me lol, and Nangendel(or however you spell it)

Mimikyu92

Pokefanmum82

Bought the Official Pokedex book for this game and man is it heavy. I don't get to open it until Christmas though.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

ThomGee

I got Ultra Moon for Christmas and it only really hit me now how long and annoying the tutorial is. It has been such a slog so far, but I'm getting through it. I think I didn't notice it while playing Sun because my hype levels were at 100%. It's definitely lowering both UM and Sun's ratings in my book.

Anyways, I usually plan my team before actually starting the game, so here's my hypothetical team: Primarina, Lunala, Tsareena, Alolan Raichu, Toxapex, and Turtonator. I quite like the team, though Toxapex and Alolan Raichu will be pretty annoying to get and I'll have to trade for Turtonator, but there is one problem now. I found a Noibat in Verdant Cavern and I am really unsure whether I should use it until I get Turtonator or use it instead of Turtonator. I'm lacking in a Flying and Fire type as is, so both would be useful. Can anyone help me out?

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

TuVictus

Playing through the game now. Near the end. This is my first pokemon game in a while and...wow is it so boring for me. I think I've moved on from the gameplay. Lord knows the story isn't anything interesting to me. And Hau is insufferable. Well, most of them are.

But, the endgame content is keeping me going. I wanna catch some legendaries.

TuVictus

Araquanid

Odd thing is I liked Hau in SM but for some reason I want away from him as much as Lillie in Ultra.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

magnumc500

Yea that tutorial phase is long as heck. I had Sun and Moon and it was tedious. Now I have US and UM and the task couldn't be more of a pain. Hau is a poor excuse for a rival and just comes off as a complacent character rather than a competent one.

magnumc500

Switch Friend Code: SW-6617-2568-6974 | 3DS Friend Code: 0576-7126-5273 | Nintendo Network ID: magnumc500

Eel

Well, Hau will always have something we don't.

His Pokemon can follow him and go into battle like in HGSS.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

Or we let the developers give alternative characterisation to people based on the plot unfolding differently and requiring them to be developed in different ways.

You know Id be quite worried if Lillie went through the same "My mother is a crazy jellyfish obsessed woman who was emotionally abusive to me and my brother" development...when Lusamine for obvious story reasons isnt that.

Also I actually timed it, you get into the action in USUM FAR fast than in SM.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

Well, yeah they cut a big chunk of the intro and let you get your starter almost immediately after leaving the house.

Making Kukui less prone to home invasion helped too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BenceReal

Hello!

I have a problem. I can't go through Mele Mele Meadow. I can't find Nebby. Can someone help me please?

BenceReal

Haruki_NLI

@BenceReal There's a cave.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tyranexx

In regards to the event Rockruff/Lycanroc...I know the event is done in a few days, so is this worth starting the game for? I was sort of planning on waiting a little while to start Ultra Sun since I played the non-enhanced version not too long ago.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DarkRula

I think the first thing I did after a first save was exit out and get onto Mystery Gift from the title menu. It allowed me to do it, but I still had to wait for the tutorial to get me to the PMC, which was kind of frustrating considering the thing is near enough next to your house.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Eel

To add to that, if you don't want to really start the adventure, just getting the mystery gift certificate is enough. You don't need to pick it up right afterwards.

It'll be there waiting for you.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Hmm...I'd like to avoid starting the adventure if possible, so I might try the Mystery Gift option as soon as I pop in the cartridge. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just coordinate a trade with someone here when the time comes.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Eel

To be able to use mystery gift you first need to have a saved file. However you can save right after your character wakes up, and everything up to that point is basically identical to the original games.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

To be able to use mystery gift you first need to have a saved file. However you can save right after your character wakes up, and everything up to that point is basically identical to the original games.

...Darn, seems that I misread that then. I was thinking that they had finally had it so that you could use Mystery Gift without tying it to a file....Meh, same old Game Freak. That's reassuring that I won't be missing much by firing up a save file; I was afraid I would forget some finer details before I saved. XD

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.