Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 3,958

Bolt_Strike

CoroCoro has leaked showing off two new Pokemon, a Normal/Fighting panda named Kiteruguma and a Ghost/Fairy sheet ghost looking thing called Mimitsukiyu. Both of them look equally horrifying.

Untitled

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Rensch

Pedobear and a possessed Pikachu doll. These designs ain't getting any better.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Joeynator3000

Ugh...that ghost is gonna give me nightmares at some point. lol
Ghosts don't really creep me out, so this is probably on the top of the list. (I guess Gengar is up next, but at the same time he's awesome, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

VoltageX

Well... thats the first time Im really disappointed with this games designs XD I really liked other designs they showed in earlier posts, but those two are just... not really up to my standarts. but I must admit the game itself looks great, and there are other designs which really shine (salandit and vikivolt, for example)

VoltageX

Bolt_Strike

Didn't have time to post this earlier, but Kiteruguma's abilities are Fluffy and Klutz and Mimitsukiyu's ability is Disguise. We don't know what Fluffy or Disguise do yet.

Meowpheel wrote:

Will the ghost always look like pikachu?

Yes it will. It says that Mimitsukiyu based its costume on Pikachu merchandise that was popular 20 years ago and it wants to be loved like Pikachu is.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Tsurii wrote:

I feel like you probably made that up but that sounds so dumb that I could actually believe it ending as a pokedex entry....and I'd love it XD

I didn't make it up, CoroCoro stated that, so that probably will be its official dex entry.

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Tsurii wrote:

Oh god..that's brilliant

IKR? It's so meta in a couple of different ways.

Bolt_Strike

FriedSquid

I've heard that Mimikkyu is also based on a teruterubozu (look it up) but not sure if that's really accurate considering its dex entry.

I hope it gets an evolution, but it seems similar to Ditto, so it may not get one. Kiteruguma on the other hand, could have a really good evolution.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

JunkosBoobies

Yo, I think I'm in love with Mimitsukiyu. Not only do I like the design, I also really love the concept of it as a Pokemon. Kiteruguma I really couldn't care less about - the design looks really stupid to me and it really doesn't help that it's supposed to be this Pokemon that people in Alola are scared of, yet it looks almost like a freaking teddy bear. Only way I could see myself liking this thing is if it has an evolution that really lives up to being the Pokemon that everyone is scared of design wise, or if it or a possible evolution of the Pokemon is really good gameplay wise.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

FriedSquid

But you see, it's feared because it doesn't know it's own strength. All it wants is a hug, but having one hug you could kill you easily by breaking your spine in half, accidentally.

Pretty scary if you ask me.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Bolt_Strike

Meowpheel wrote:

Oh well, Pikachu is also very popular in-universe.

Yeah, but it's also an acknowledgement of the 20th anniversary and an acknowledgement of 1st gen popularity. They're nostalgiaing so hard that even the Pokemon themselves are trying to capitalize on 20th anniversary nostalgia now.

ereHemanresUoN wrote:

Yo, I think I'm in love with Mimitsukiyu. Not only do I like the design, I also really love the concept of it as a Pokemon. Kiteruguma I really couldn't care less about - the design looks really stupid to me and it really doesn't help that it's supposed to be this Pokemon that people in Alola are scared of, yet it looks almost like a freaking teddy bear. Only way I could see myself liking this thing is if it has an evolution that really lives up to being the Pokemon that everyone is scared of design wise, or if it or a possible evolution of the Pokemon is really good gameplay wise.

People are scared of Kiteruguma because it can pretty much hug you to death.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17

The pink bear is trash-tier, but I love Creepachu! That's such a cool, self-aware concept for a series drastically lacking in self-awareness.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Tsurii wrote:

The ghost is pretty rad. The bear's incredibly generic tho. I hope it evolves.

That makes three spots that're taken on my team (I'm gonna change that anyway when I'm actually playing the game...)
Rowlett, Salandit and now Paper Ghost. Sorry Cutifly, got another fairy.

Huh, that's my exact roster so far. That and I might raise a baby Relicanth if I don't like the new water types.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

roy130390

Right now I'm only interested in rowlett, vikavolt and iwanko so I still have 3 options left. However, I don't thin any of these will replace any of the pokemon I use in my competitive team wich are charizard Y, greninja, espeon, luxray scizor and flygon/ hawlucha. maybe I'll end up replacing one if something cool and good for competitive battles appears.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

JunkosBoobies

Bolt_Strike wrote:

ereHemanresUoN wrote:

People are scared of Kiteruguma because it can pretty much hug you to death.

Edit: Nevermind, what I said was pretty stupid. Sorry.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Tyranexx

The red/pink panda thing seems pretty generic and meh. I gotta admit, the whole "hugging to death" thing is sort of amusing, though.

I really do like the Pikachu copy-ghost. It's so freaky-looking thanks to its Pikachu-like appearance that it's sure to be nightmare fuel. I especially love the description where it wants to be popular like Pikachu is, and its costume is based on old Pikachu merchandise. Sounds a little like a yokai concept.

My favorite CoroCoro art of this thing:
Untitled

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

New Japanese trailer:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIkvadJU1Q[/video]

Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.