Forums

Topic: Pokemon Picross

Posts 101 to 120 of 139

Eel

I like using them. Then again, I certainly don't care about times.

I learned how to use the blue hints with this game, and now I greatly appreciate them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Klimbatize

@ShanaUnite: Many only activate at the beginning of a level. Many missions are impassable (and therefore you can't get the picrites) unless you use powerups at the beginning of a puzzle. It's not a big deal, but it does mean either playing a puzzle in (basically) easy mode, or playing it again after you already know the solution. I just do the latter. Waste of in-game energy though.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

6ch6ris6

this game will be the reason why i will probably finally buy some of the picross e games. perfect for spending the holidays at my parent's house. not sure how many i should get or which ones. should i start with the first one?

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

zitpig

I have them all and enjoy them, but the first Picross e game has the least content - start with 4 or 5 (IMHO). There are bonuses in some of the Picross e games if you have purchased others in the series. None are essential and they all look, play and feel identical pretty much. The addition of Micross and Mega Picross in the later games help increase longevity. I don't personally like the Mega Picross games but love the Micross and wish there were more of them.

zitpig

Sisilly_G

iphys wrote:

@6ch6ris6 I've heard that Picross e6 gives the most play time.

I can attest to this, as it has the most hours logged in; however, I'm around half-way through Pokémon Picross (I haven't beaten the standard game yet, I'm currently going through every single level and trying to 100% it from the very beginning so I won't have to do as much backtracking post-game, and I'm doing the Alt-levels as well) and I've currently eclipsed my Picross e6 playtime (which was around 26 hours).

So by my estimation, Pokémon Picross contains at least twice the content of Picross e6, however, as I haven't completed the game 100% yet, I'm not certain as to how much more content there is to see. I've put around 33 hours into the game so far and I'm only halfway through the game, so I do feel that I've gotten my money's worth from the game, even though it's still quite expensive for what it is.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Sisilly_G

Picross e3 to e6 are pretty much identical, gameplay wise. I can't recall there being any new features being introduced to the Picross e games after Picross e3. If I'm not mistaken, Picross e4 introduced the bonus stages, which gives you 5 extra stages for each previous Picross e game that you own. Subsequent games also include bonus stages but they only offer bonuses for the first three Picross e games and no bonus stages for owning e4 or e5 in e6.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Gold_Ranger

I want to exit the game.
How in the bloody heck do I save?

Gold_Ranger

Gold_Ranger

What points?
I don't know if I got far enough for a save point...

Gold_Ranger

Gold_Ranger

ok.
thanks for the help.

Gold_Ranger

Sisilly_G

Gold_Ranger wrote:

I want to exit the game.
How in the bloody heck do I save?

Don't worry, the game saves frequently and seamlessly. One thing that I've noticed is if you quit the game during a puzzle, then the recovery period for your Pokémon will begin the next time you start the game, so it would be best to quit the puzzle before quitting the game, especially if you happen to be using legendary Pokémon (which take 24-30 hours each to recover, and they cannot be recovered with Picrites).

Sisilly_G

So... I've completed all of the Standard and Alt-Mode puzzles, and unlocked all of the medals except for those that are not possible to unlock due to the password-locked stages.

I've currently clocked in nearly 70 hours, which about 3-4x more than my average Picross e game. It's still relatively expensive, but not too much so.

Sisilly_G

Cheers, Rikaria. I thought that only the Japanese passwords had been revealed. I've found them all. Thanks.

Xyphon22

Does anyone remember when you finally get a Pokemon that can do Slash Reveal? I have gotten all the Pokemon through Area 10 and still don't have one.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Sparx

area 12 gives you 2

area 13 gives you a mega one

My avatar is from here

Rob_mc_1

When you do the medals for doing teams (#78 - 99) you can set them up in a team but then go back to world 0 and do a tutorial stage and it still counts. What is interesting is that when you do electric pokemon their slow down skills are not automatically used (I assume because skills are not available in the tutorial), so no risk of a cool down if you do them there. Since the pokeball stage takes seconds I was able to blast through those medals in no time. Setting up the teams was more time consuming.

Edited on by Rob_mc_1

♠♦♣

Zizzy

Just downloaded this. Gonna try it out on the commute to school!

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

Late

Finally found a 20x15 Slash Reveal Pokémon. There have been so many missions which require that kind of Pokémon. It's in area 19.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.