Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 461 to 480 of 5,926

Rezalack

Rezalack wrote:

So.. yeah.. Has anyone beat Gore solo yet? He's not very nice.

On another note - The MH4U Bundle at Gamestop is sold out now.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Spoony_Tech

That only took 2 days. Zelda got all the attention this go around.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

I'm having loads of fun with this demo! I started with the beginner mission and now I just finished the intermediate one. I love how you can execute jumping attacks now by hopping off even the tiniest ledge.

Anyone up for an online mission?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

yokokazuo wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

Ya, I used my main weapon (long sword) and beat him with under 5 minutes left I think. Didn't even die, but I think I ran out of mega potions.

The moment 10 minute warning disapeared I killed it. Though I still had Mega potions. I used the EZ and standard Potions. Used Sword and Shield.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

BenyB

Can someone please send me a code at [email protected]. If your interested I could give you a code for Tomodachi Life Welcome Version (That is if you want the code).

BenyB

Rezalack

MetalK9 wrote:

yokokazuo wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

Ya, I used my main weapon (long sword) and beat him with under 5 minutes left I think. Didn't even die, but I think I ran out of mega potions.

The moment 10 minute warning disapeared I killed it. Though I still had Mega potions. I used the EZ and standard Potions. Used Sword and Shield.

What is the EZ?

Just curious how integral to the game are traps? When I have a monster on it's back is there something special I should be doing or should I just be getting in as much damage?

@yokokazuo I just tried out the Long Sword on the middle boss on Intermediate, I like it. As usual with every weapon it takes some getting used too. I'm learning to dodge better as well.. going to have to bring over some of my Demon Souls dodging lessons into this game I see.

I'm up for playing some online later probably, I'm guessing 8ish but who knows. I'll post here when I can if anybody wants to join.

Rezalack

Spoony_Tech

Rezalack wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

yokokazuo wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

What is the EZ?

Just curious how integral to the game are traps? When I have a monster on it's back is there something special I should be doing or should I just be getting in as much damage?

@yokokazuo I just tried out the Long Sword on the middle boss on Intermediate, I like it. As usual with every weapon it takes some getting used too. I'm learning to dodge better as well.. going to have to bring over some of my Demon Souls dodging lessons into this game I see.

I'm up for playing some online later probably, I'm guessing 8ish but who knows. I'll post here when I can if anybody wants to join.

The EZ potions are the ones you get from the box in camp when you first start the mission. Also traps are invaluable as you will have mission you need to trap and not kill. That's another way to get different parts of monsters. There is 2 kinds of traps and even if it's not a trap mission they can be used to take a ton of health off. So yeah, get as much damage as you can. You can also set bombs and they will hurt you as well If you're too close.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

speaking of traps. i tried to catch the jaggi in this demo but i can't pull it off. in MH3 you had some small balls you can throw onto a monster when it is trapped and then it will calm down. is this item also in MH4? i have not seen it in the demo.

also on a kill mission you can also accomplish the quest by catching a monster with a trap, right? some people say it is way easier than killing it.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Mercy_Lost

6ch6ris6 wrote:

speaking of traps. i tried to catch the jaggi in this demo but i can't pull it off. in MH3 you had some small balls you can throw onto a monster when it is trapped and then it will calm down. is this item also in MH4? i have not seen it in the demo.

also on a kill mission you can also accomplish the quest by catching a monster with a trap, right? some people say it is way easier than killing it.

Preetty sure you'll find tranq bombs (and coatings/shells) in the full game, but I know what you mean, kept shifting through my inventory looking for them every time I trapped a monster. So yeah, no capture in this demo. (Until someone proves me wrong!)

Killing a monster will give approx 3 carves as you know. Capturing a monster, doesn't give these carves but instead gives an item or two in the rewards box at the end of a quest [full game] these capture rewards usually have higher percentages for rare items than body carves.

It is easier to capture a monster, it's usually a sign of control in the situation. First time I fight a monster I'm unlikely to know what's going on so will usually end up killing it before I get a chance to capture.

Endurance quests however (ones with more than one monster, where you get mega potions when you carve them) provide no bonus to capturing a monster and is just a way to shave seconds off your time.

A major difference about this game is the return of Subquests. (I say return, pretty sure they were in MHFU.) If you go into the menu in the demo, you will see that you can 'exit via subquest' which means (I guess) when you've completed a subquest, be it chop a tale or break a horn, you can return home without having to finish the quest. Which is pretty cool!

Edited on by Mercy_Lost

Mercy_Lost

Tsuchinoko

Omg new Monster Hunter players, how cute!

Yeah, this game takes a looot of time to learn, and everyone plays it differently. Just be patient with it. The best way to describe Monster Hunter would be if a game had nothing but dozens of boss battles, and each monster plays differently than the others. Just take your time with it, you'll get better.

I do find the online MH community to be a patient, helpful one too. New players are always welcome!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Joeynator3000

Finally took down Gore with the Charge Blade, after getting confused with that weapon. Doesn't look like the Charge Blade is for me, the Glaive I may end up sticking with, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

Mercy_Lost wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Preetty sure you'll find tranq bombs (and coatings/shells) in the full game, but I know what you mean, kept shifting through my inventory looking for them every time I trapped a monster. So yeah, no capture in this demo. (Until someone proves me wrong!)

Killing a monster will give approx 3 carves as you know. Capturing a monster, doesn't give these carves but instead gives an item or two in the rewards box at the end of a quest [full game] these capture rewards usually have higher percentages for rare items than body carves.

It is easier to capture a monster, it's usually a sign of control in the situation. First time I fight a monster I'm unlikely to know what's going on so will usually end up killing it before I get a chance to capture.

Endurance quests however (ones with more than one monster, where you get mega potions when you carve them) provide no bonus to capturing a monster and is just a way to shave seconds off your time.

A major difference about this game is the return of Subquests. (I say return, pretty sure they were in MHFU.) If you go into the menu in the demo, you will see that you can 'exit via subquest' which means (I guess) when you've completed a subquest, be it chop a tale or break a horn, you can return home without having to finish the quest. Which is pretty cool!

Just to confirm, all of those items are in the game, as are subquests.

Tsuchinoko

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Finally took down Gore with the Charge Blade, after getting confused with that weapon. Doesn't look like the Charge Blade is for me, the Glaive I may end up sticking with, though.

Hey Xiao. Do you post on Monsterwiki? I think I've seen you there.

If you're referring to what I use as a charge axe (and they changed the name for some reason), then I understand why. I love my charge axe, but it takes a lot of time to learn, and its a weapon thats more about finding opportune moments rather than charging at them full speed.

Spoony_Tech

@Mercy_Lost Tri had sub quests as that was my first Monster Hunter. I remember someone saying I'll get the sub done. Some times 2 people would depending on the sub.

MERG said:

Rezalack

I tried the Insect Glaive again and I have to say that I liked it more this time around. It feels like a weapon that I might end up using. Still have about half of them to try though. IG just has the feel that it could be a really rewarding weapon once mastered.

Rezalack

Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Hey Xiao. Do you post on Monsterwiki? I think I've seen you there.

If you're referring to what I use as a charge axe (and they changed the name for some reason), then I understand why. I love my charge axe, but it takes a lot of time to learn, and its a weapon thats more about finding opportune moments rather than charging at them full speed.

Monster Hunter Wikia? Yeah...with that dreaded old name of mine, BellGoRiiing. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

TeeJay

So what does the dreaded black mist um, do....exactly? It's just about impossible to avoid (at least with the long sword) and it envelops you but...I saw no visible difference?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

TeeJay wrote:

So what does the dreaded black mist um, do....exactly? It's just about impossible to avoid (at least with the long sword) and it envelops you but...I saw no visible difference?

Prevents natural recovery...you know, when you get damaged and you have a red bar that recovers over time.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.