Forums

Topic: Metroid Fusion

Posts 121 to 140 of 251

Joeynator3000

Decided to start on Fusion, I believe this will be my second time playing this game. (the first time being back when I had the actual game on my SP/DS

kkslider5552000 wrote:

try Metroid Prime 2 on hard difficulty.

And use the GameCube version, lol.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

Eureka wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Without getting more than half the items

has actually beaten Metroid Prime 2 on hard mode with only 60-70% items. closest I've gotten to being great at video games

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Late

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

has actually beaten Metroid Prime 2 on hard mode with only 60-70% items. closest I've gotten to being great at video games

• I'll try the hard difficulty in Prime 2 when I have time to play
  • I don't have the GameCube version, sorry. It would add some more difficulty with different controls.
  • I have never tried to get 100% items in any Metroid game yet. I usually end up with 40-60% items on first playthrough, depending on Metroid game. I think I take all I can find during my game, if I see one next to my nose, I can't just walk away.

Now I don't want to hear more about it. I can already believe that it's hard to beat Metroid Prime 2 on hard and now you listed more things to make it even harder.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Joeynator3000

Late wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

• I'll try the hard difficulty in Prime 2 when I have time to play
  • I don't have the GameCube version, sorry. It would add some more difficulty with different controls.
  • I have never tried to get 100% items in any Metroid game yet. I usually end up with 40-60% items on first playthrough, depending on Metroid game. I think I take all I can find during my game, if I see one next to my nose, I can't just walk away.

Now I don't want to hear more about it. I can already believe that it's hard to beat Metroid Prime 2 on hard and now you listed more things to make it even harder.

Well Boosty still proved to be a pain in the butt for me in Trilogy anyways, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

wolfhound91W

This is my favorite Ambassador GBA release out of all 10.
I have played the orginal Metroid, Super Metroid, and Metroid II for GB, but this is my first time playing Fusion.
This game is amazing. Similar to Super Metroid, of course not as good, it is extremely fun, and it does has a map.

wolfhound91W

Joeynator3000

Ugh...spiders...I hate spiders...freakin' Yakuza, lol.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

LucinaSmash

Metroid Fusion is the first GBA game that I completed (not 100%) both in its original cartridge and in 3DS Ambassador download.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

zionich

I might be crazy, but after playing Fusion again, I really wanna go back through Other M now.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Link79

@ Zionich
That's not crazy at all. Other M will make alot more sense after playing Fusion.
I really don't get all the disgust that game gets. People are really hard to please.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

LordTendoboy

Link79 wrote:

@ Zionich
That's not crazy at all. Other M will make alot more sense after playing Fusion.
I really don't get all the disgust that game gets. People are really hard to please.

I couldn't get into Other M. I enjoyed the fast paced action and boss battles, but the rest of the game just didn't feel like Metroid. The voice acting was average at best, but the dialogue / character interaction was atrocious. The graphics and sound design were good though.

I'd give it a 6/10.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Link79

@ Lordtendoboy
Okay I'll be around if you wanna play sometime.
Just send me a message or whatever and I'll get back to you.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

kkslider5552000

Link79 wrote:

I really don't get all the disgust that game gets.

take some writing classes, it'll explain everything

BulbasaurusRex

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Everyone knows the dialogue sucks in Other M. It's just that everything else in the game is great but nobody really gives it credit for it simply because it screwed up so badly on a more minor aspect of the game. It's like the Starfox Adventures of the Metroid series.

Another way of compaison is that the Star Wars prequel trilogy did a lot of stuff right, but too many people don't appreciate the bigger picture (pun not intended) it painted just because they can't get past Lucas's horrendous dialogue (that and Jar Jar).

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

zionich

I didnt find Fusions dialogue any better, not to say I disliked either.

@Link79, I had played Fusion when it first came out. I just realized how close Other M was to it after going through it again. I just dislike how linear they are. But im sure its nessicary plot wise.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Crystalline

zionich wrote:

I didnt find Fusions dialogue any better, not to say I disliked either.

@Link79, I had played Fusion when it first came out. I just realized how close Other M was to it after going through it again. I just dislike how linear they are. But im sure its nessicary plot wise.

Well i guess that's one of its down-sides, though the story is quite solid. It's not the Megaman-Zero series, but it's still nice plot-wise. What comes out to me the most is how the whole game has this "darker" feeling to it. Not sure if you felt the same But when i was young, during my first playthrough, i always jumped during the SA-X Chase scenes!

Crystalline

retired_account

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Everyone knows the dialogue sucks in Other M. It's just that everything else in the game is great but nobody really gives it credit for it simply because it screwed up so badly on a more minor aspect of the game. It's like the Starfox Adventures of the Metroid series.

Another way of compaison is that the Star Wars prequel trilogy did a lot of stuff right, but too many people don't appreciate the bigger picture (pun not intended) it painted just because they can't get past Lucas's horrendous dialogue (that and Jar Jar).

Actually a lot of people (myself included) didn't care for the gameplay either. Running through corridors, being led from point A to point B, and mashing the d-pad is not my idea of fun.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Chrono_Cross

My biggest complaints are that Adam tells you when to use your weapons rather than exploring and finding them.

Spoilers

If you beat the game and didn't get all of the items, the game shows you where they are exactly on your map. Which eats away from the exploring concept Metroid has always been so attached to. Since ever.

/Spoilers

Also rehashed bosses shows laziness. And the music was awful. Because it was so quiet and so forgettable... Really I haven't played Other M since I beat it 100% September of 2010. And all of that was off the top of my head.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Meta-Rift

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Everyone knows the dialogue sucks in Other M. It's just that everything else in the game is great but nobody really gives it credit for it simply because it screwed up so badly on a more minor aspect of the game.

Seriously? Everything else is so much worse that it makes you forget how bad the dialogue is.

Meta-Rift

kkslider5552000

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

You forgot, "in my opinion".

Or did you?

BulbasaurusRex

You shouldn't be "mashing the D-Pad." You should be using strategic timing with the Quick Dodge.

Super Metroid rehashed all of Metroid's bosses. Do you fault SM for that? There are still plenty of new bosses, and Other M's more unique gameplay provides different experiences for taking down the returning bosses.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.