Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 201 to 220 of 515

Whopper744

OldBoy wrote:

Gotta say I hated this demo. Was looking forward to this having never really played a MGS game before (apart from a little of the GC remake) but don't think I'll be getting this now. I found the 3D unbearable to look at (don't usually have a problem with it) but maybe the framerate was the issue!
Also who needs stealth when you can absorb about 50 bullets?! I ran from one checkpoint to another through the whole demo, took a few hits but didn't die, At least the demo was over quicker this way. And those crocs are laughable, I couldn't distinguish them from the ground till I was right next to them , "Oh s**t" I thought, now I'm done for...oh its okay they just swish their tales a bit and just carry on chillin on the lil island. Don't know how these guys have survived for 100million years!
Thank the lord for demo's
EDIT : Forgot to say I played with the CPP, god knows how bad it must play without that!

I can agree with that. I'm trying to make myself understand it more so maybe I'll like it. I dunno. That gator sort of seemed animatronic to me. And yes, I did live through a lot of bullets too. Then I got in a room where this door was and I could get the bad guys to go away so i got stuck. Didn't know where to hide and didn't have much time to play to figure it out this mronig.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

romulux

after playing a second time using the circle pad pro i didn't think the demo was as bad. once you get the hang of the gyro-balancing that segment isn't nearly as stupid; the first time i walked onto the bridge i flew off like it was made of ice coated with teflon. once you learn to crouch hold the 3DS perfectly still it does add some tension to those balancing parts. still hate the 2D aiming.

i heard someone on the internet say (so it must be true) that this was the demo shown at e3 last year. if that's true then it's pretty good news, but it seems like an awful decision to put such an old demo up on the eshop. i'm sticking with my preorder so i'll find out the hard way on tuesday, and i'll come here to complain to everyone about it as soon as i possibly can.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

kkslider5552000

I'm confused, are people expecting the 3D during gameplay in a game not called Super Mario 3D Land to be good? Let me see this demo, I do hope everyone is hilariously wrong.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

That was a dumb move on konami's part if this is an early build! This demo is laughable at best at times. Hopefully the full game will have more control option to make if feel more right! Otherwisr I will be inquiring about the return policy! !

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheBaconator

I've been playing the HD collection version, and the 60 fps found in that version make the frame rate in this version look like a joke. However, the controls and movement in the 3D version are a huge improvement over the original as it controls more like Peace Walker. Plus, the intro movie to the game (the one with the Snake Eater theme song) is awesome and being able to acess that on the go already makes this game near-perfect in my book. (Too bad the intro wasn't in the demo)

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

zezhyrule

WHAT A THRILL~ WITH DARKNESS AND SILENCE THROUGH THE NIGHT~ :ahem:

@OldBoy: The Alligators are set in like the second area in the entire game, if they all ran up to you and killed you in one bite while you're trying to avoid them in the swampy mud stuff that wouldn't be a very good way to start the game. Besides, they're mainly there as a good food supply early on.

As for the bullet sponge thing, it all depends on the difficulty. I think they set this demo to some super easy mode, because even on a recent normal playthrough I had of the game it was fairly easy to die. I can't even imagine hard mode u_u

As for the reason you shouldn't just walk around in plain view and get alerted then just shoot the crap out of them, that's not the way this game is meant to be played. It's a stealth game, and if you don't play it like one (well for one thing you'll fail on any difficulty over easy) you're playing it wrong.

WHAT A THRIILL~ I'M SEARCHING, AND I'LL MELT INTO YOUUUU~
what a fear in my heaaart~ but you're so supreme~
I GIVE MY LIFE~ NOT FOR HONOR~ BUT FOR YOU~ IN MY TIME~ THEY'LL BE NO ONE ELSE~ CRIME~ IT'S THE WAY~ I FLY TO YOU~ I'M STILL~ IN ICE CREAM~ SNAKE EATER~

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

OldBoy

zezhyrule wrote:

@OldBoy: The Alligators are set in like the second area in the entire game, if they all ran up to you and killed you in one bite while you're trying to avoid them in the swampy mud stuff that wouldn't be a very good way to start the game. Besides, they're mainly there as a good food supply early on.

I see what you are saying but it doesn't lend itself to creating an immersive environment of a living ,breathing jungle IMO.
Sounds like this was maybe just a bad demo and should of had different difficulty levels. Although if the final game has the ultra poor frame rate and god-awful 3D maybe I'd be better of trying this series out with the HD collection instead (that is available on 360 isn't it?)

What's this bit for again?

zezhyrule

Yep, you can pick up an awesome HD 60fps version on the 360, PS3, and sometime later on the Vita. There's no reason at all to buy this version really...

@TheBaconator: In the original game the awesome opening happened once the Virtuous Mission was over and you started Operation Snake Eater, and from then on it would appear on the title screen when you started up the game. I think that's pretty awesome, they want to save the cool opening for a certain point. It's kinda like in movies when they have a little part at the beginning before the title drop

Edited on by zezhyrule

Spoony_Tech

Ok so i messed with the option and you can change the camera to view what Snake sees instead! There may be hope for this game yet. The camera actually snaps rather fast. That just might make this game playable now. Giving this a second go here but the frame rate has to be better in the final version!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheGreenSpiny

So this demo really sucks. Not sure why they used this god awful control set up but it really kills the game. But then again that's been my complaint about every MGS game. As someone pointed out RE gives you tons of different layouts and options. This has one. And it's not even the same as the original PS2 version. What the hell is Konami thinking? I realize this is an old demo so maybe the finished product will have better control options, but I doubt it.

@zezhyrule: How would you know that they ruined they game when you haven't even played it let alone the demo?

TheGreenSpiny

zezhyrule

TheDarkness wrote:

@zezhyrule: How would you know that they ruined they game when you haven't even played it let alone the demo?

I don't have to play it myself. I've heard from 3 people already (who've actually played a good version of the game before this) and they said it sucked.

I don't plan on picking up a CPP unless MHTriG makes it over here, and I pretty much hate the 3DS. I have no reason to try this demo out. If I did I would probably have to create a whole thread just to rant on how crappy it is.

Pretty much every single game I buy is because of a word of mouth recommendation from friends that I trust or that have similar interests. If more than one person tells me a game is crappy I believe them~
besides, for less than the price of this game and a CPP you can get the superior HD collection with 5 games, as many have said before. That brings this version down even more

Edit: And it's still very bad if this crappy demo is nothing like the full game. The whole point of demos is to sell you on the game. That's not going to happen with something like this.

If it makes you all feel better, I think I'll DL it just for fun

Edited on by zezhyrule

warioswoods

I'm glad to see that others found the immobile, tail-flicking crocs as hilarious as I did.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

moomoo

I don't really know why everyone hates the demo. I found it quite enjoyable. Then again, my favorite MGS game is Peace Walker on PSP and it controls exactly like that, so maybe that's why I like it so much (for the record, I've played all the MGS games to completion except 4 and Portable Ops). Differences in opinion, I guess.
They really need to get rid of the gyroscope, though. That is some of the worst implementation of motion controls I've ever played.
EDIT: About the crocs, them being immotionless is kind of fun. Whenever they open their mouths, toss a grenade at them. They'll eat the live grenade and explode, at which point you can eat them (I'm not a sadist, just creative).

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Yrreiht

The controls are fine, as they are very similar as PW's. And if what i've read is true and that this demo really is an old demo, then the game will be even better and for the frame rate, im pretty sure it'll be fixed in the full game, and there was only one scene where it was VERY noticeable, the one in the bridge area.
Also..... im having wayyyyy too much fun with this demo ._. its scary....

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

Kid_A

warioswoods wrote:

I'm glad to see that others found the immobile, tail-flicking crocs as hilarious as I did.

They've always been funny, but somehow they seem more ridiculous in this version of the game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Spoony_Tech

LOL at the crock explosion!

I've changed my tune a bit about this game. Other then the frame rate its not that bad now that I've given it a second go. As for the 3d depth it's actually really good. Not sure what everyone is taking about when the game switches to 2d but I never seen it. I'm actually looking forward to this game now. I take back most of the negative stuff I said. Just mess with the control option everyone it gets better. The tension this game creates is really good and a nice change of pace from the normal style of game!

MERG said:

Gamesake

@Swiket For real? It's really a Hideo Kojima joke?

...in my pants.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.