Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,590

Ploppins

Oh wow! I've only read the last two pages of this thread but from what I get, this game's good! My sister was gonna pick it up any day now, so I figured I would just play her copy every now and then, but I may just hafta get a copy of my own!!

One quick question though. If I don't get my own, when I play online on my own system, I won't retain any of her stats, correct?

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

Pogocoop

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

Oh wow! I've only read the last two pages of this thread but from what I get, this game's good! My sister was gonna pick it up any day now, so I figured I would just play her copy every now and then, but I may just hafta get a copy of my own!!

One quick question though. If I don't get my own, when I play online on my own system, I won't retain any of her stats, correct?

Assuming your on a different profile yes. (you can have 3)

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

EvilRegal

Boy, Medusa is a real piece of work. It's been 24 years since she scared the holy crap (or unholy, depending on which god we're talking about) out of me as that one-eyed, um, snake monster... thingy. Finally, we meet again in the year 2012 and I haven't gotten anything even resembling a hint of a hint of an apology out of Medusa. No sorry out of the "other involved party" in that battle either (to avoid spoilers). If Medusa doesn't apologize by game's end, I... I... will be really MAD! Gods bless her, the sexy Lady Palutena is making up for Medusa's RUDENESS with her delightful talk of naughty thoughts and room to join her in a hot springs (at least that's the way my ears heard it... or wanted to hear it)! (I LOVE THIS GAME! Kid Icarus: Uprising is best 3DS game. And the wonderful dialogue is making me very goofy!!! )

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Joeynator3000

...Guess no one knows of a weapon fusion chart thing then huh? >.>
Anyways what's with those cupcake things? I defeated some but nothing really happens, they seem special since they flee pretty quickly. (or are hard to hit)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

shingi_70

should be getting the Game this week.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

retired_account

I do know, actually. Someone cracked the system... Each weapon in each category has a number from 1 to 12, and when you fuse two weapons together, you'll get a weapon that's the sum of the two weapon's numbers. For example, a First Blade (1) + a Viper Blade (3) = Brawler Claws (4). If the sum exceeds 12, then you subtract 12. i.e. 6 + 9 = 15 = 3. Certain combos of weapon types will always result in another weapon type, of course.

Gimme a sec, I'll find the link.

Edit: Here it is.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

TeeJay

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aaawwwesoooome! I made the Bullet Blade just now! It's awesooome!! Love it. Such a cool and kick butt weapon!
Now I'm on chapter 17. It was soooo epic. Intense, shocking, and great boss. Loved the chapter. I'm tired so I'm holding off until tomorrow to keep playing. TJ said 18 would be incredible so I'm holding you to that. 17 was incredible so if it doesn't top that I'm destroying you in multi sometime this week!

It's incredible storywise, yes. And the chapters after it as well, since they continue the story.

And I think you have it backwards about who's kicking who's butt online. >:3

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Whopper744

I know I'm getting butt kicked online. For the most part, I'm getting killed by guys who are running faster than the speed of light, popping out of nowhere with a one or two hit kill item. I have no idea what the heck they are doing, or why when I shoot them 50 times it doesn't hurt them, but it makes for a somewhat aggravating time.
Then again, I do get some matches where there is only one or two of those kinds of people, and I actually get third or so in free for all....or watch my team get their butt kicked while I am the only one who get's any points.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

retired_account

I had a 6 match winning streak (FFA) yesterday. Used a First Blade with 5 star range, stayed out of the crowds, and just charge shotted people who only had about half their HP. That was really effective... I almost hit 10 KO's using that strategy in one match.

I just switched to a mid-level Violet Palm, and I love it. The homing really helps deal continuous damage. I've only played one match with it, but I think I managed to hit 2000 points.

@Joshers Yeah, I don't really like the items at all. They usually just create incontrollable chaos and louse up the framerate. >:[

Also, some of the clubs' charge shots are insanely powerful. I've almost got one-shotted at full health by one before.

retired_account

TeeJay

Easy way to get weapons and items!

1.) Create a room in Free-for-all.
2.) Set the handicap for CPU's to 10% and bring all CPU's down to level 1.
3.) Bring down the match duration to one minute.
4.) Watch the rare items come flowing in.

Only thing is, it's not as fun.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Whopper744

TeeJay wrote:

hmm...interesting.
May have to try that. I am needing some help against some of the crazy good (or almost seem like they are cheating) people.

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

retired_account

TeeJay wrote:

Lame. Takes all the fun out of it.

retired_account

GuardianKing

I LOVE the story beyond Chapter 9 now. It really seriouses the **** up. Besides their ridiculous "twist" the game actually takes a really dramatic turn after Chapter 9. I'm on 11 where Viridi launches a **censored for those who haven't gotten there yet**

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Whopper744

Really enjoying the story that has changed up as much as it has. the first 9 chapters were just great, and feels like a true sequel to the NES game... well at least with the same characters and similar plot. After that, the part I really like is where i am now. I'm on chapter 20. I think 18 was one of the coolest, and unexpected parts of the whole game. I just keep wanting to know what happens next...without spoilers.

Spoony_Tech

Note to self. Don't take fire claws (no matter how strong they are) with level 9 intensity to fight twin bellows!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Wildvine53

Man I love the voice acting in this game. I just beat chapter 11, and Viridi is awesome! I can't wait to see what's next. I finally tried weapon fusion, and created Fairy orbiters. It works great for Range shots and Melee attacks. I'm looking forward to testing these in multiplayer.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

LittleKing

I'm loving the game so far. The constant banter between Pit and Palutena never gets old, even when replaying levels, and the Fiend's Cauldron is genius. I'm glad they put the Fiend's Cauldron in, because once you get a few good weapons 2.0 is way too easy; the bosses die before Palutena stops speaking! 5.0-7.0 feels more natural.

I really like the weapon fusion in the game, and how the different bonuses really affect how your weapons act. My favorite weapon so far is the Predator Cannon. I fused an extremely powerful one recently, and now I get 9-10 kills a match in FFA, while before I wasn't doing so well. I just use Quick Charge and Homing Boost, then spam the back dash charge shot for homing, and forward dash charge shot for speedy distance attacks. If I get surrounded, I suck everyone together using a Black Hole and kill them with one or two quick blasts. Takes out 75% of the HP of anything it touches, and for some reason, the bullets on my new Predator Cannon travel much faster than my previous one. Really insane.

Before that I used a Laser Staff with Quick Charge, Autoreticle and Energy Charge for easy sniping. At first I thought powers like Quick Charge were too OP, but as I tried new weapons and strategies I see that pretty much every weapon and skill can be used in some kind of build pretty effectively, and everything has its weaknesses. Claws with Bumblebee/Transparency tend to put me in my place pretty quick. Still, Quick Charge is by far my favorite power. Quick Charge level 3 gives you 3 lengthy bouts of endless charge shots, and when you die you get two more uses. Really good with weapons that rely on charge shots, like Clubs, Cannons and Staffs. The most hilarious combo in the game is probably the Black Club with Quick Charge, Slip Shot and Invisible Shots. Endless barrage of huge steel balls that pass through walls and are invisible FTW.

TL;DR: Kid Icarus is now my favorite 3DS game, and will probably remain so for a very long time.

LittleKing

Pogocoop

Heehee, I just managed 15 Kills in a free for all match, using my magnificent Pandora's claws, thats a new personal best -

In all fairness, the other players were pretty easy to shred, they hardly put up a fight, but still, I'm proud of myself :3

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Spoony_Tech

How can you tell how many kills you have in one match?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic