Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

Posts 201 to 220 of 279

Freelance

The way I customized the map, the ground is too low to create waterfalls in that area.

Freelance

Eel

Oh well then, I guess that explains it perfectly.

You could always raise it a bit. Though I'm not sure if that would affect your design.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

If I did that, it'd mess up the orchard I put there. After checking out the terrain, I'm now not sure if I could do it at all, but I did add a new waterfall to my marsh which may not be a marsh later.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

Okay I actually made three waterfalls in the marsh as shown below. I'm working on more space for new orchards and I'm thinking of adding more land in the marsh but I haven't decided yet.

Untitled

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

Well, now we have more trees so adding some orchards sound like a good plan.

I kind of just replaced some of my old trees with olives and <other tree>s.

Bloop.

Freelance

I already have 3 orchards with 6 fruits each (peach, apple, orange I think) and another 6 grapefruit trees bordering the entrance to the valley. I actually made a new orchard down south for more fruit trees, but now that two more trees (olives and cocoa) can be planted, I chopped down all the trees already sprouting (none of them had matured yet) and am going to plant the new trees there (6 each) instead. I also made a smaller 'orchard' for a nice flower garden.

It's too bad I couldn't make a waterfall within my walls, but then I already have a lot of other waterfalls scattered throughout my valley so I'm not that sad. I'm not doing any major farming until I get my valley perfect, but I do need to mine so I can get paths/fences/bridges etc to beautify the place.

Freelance

Eel

There's new DLC available!

Three packs, two new characters for two dollars each (my character is already married, so eh), and free clothes in the third one.

Bloop.

Freelance

Since I'm still working on my valley, I don't need to get any of the DLC at this time. Marriage is barely in my forecast at the present moment. I'm currently destroying the land near the HG Spring. Work first, woo later.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

Actually, the DLC guy is pretty useful.

With his requests, he gives you seeds of mutations with items that hint on how to mutate them even further. Out of the two, that's the one I recommend purchasing first.

The girl seems to be just a pretty face so far though. A really really tall pretty face.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Freelance

I heard about the stuff the guy gives you at Fogu, but I don't even do requests anymore, unless it's for Doc or Bruno (needed to unlock the decoration items (paths/fences) to beautify my valley. Even if I get him, I wouldn't be doing anything -with- him. I'm busy digging and placing blocks from morning to night. I'm a hard worker :3 SOMETIMES I may decide to go digging for ore or getting magic lumber from the sprite.

I like the look of the girl, but it doesn't seem like she does anything other than to be a future wife, and I'm a girl in my game so she's pretty much useless.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

I'd recommend doing requests for the Iris and April, and the cooks. Of course, later when you're done terraforming.

They give you recipes for food (cook family) and fertilizers (flower family), which you'll need eventually if you want to get mutations (the fertilizers).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Freelance

Hi again. I just completed my latest project. I improved my ol' fishin' hole, which was the very first project I've completed when I got the game. My new fishin' hole now has waterfalls! Yes, more waterfalls. Sorry. I just love waterfalls, okay?

This is the south side of the pond. It's the same as before, but there is a waterfall now on the left.

Untitled

This is the north side of the pond.

Untitled

This is the east side of the pond, where the waterfall is.

Untitled

A closer look at the waterfall, as much as I could fit on the screen. The binoculars was useless.

Untitled

The map view of it.

Untitled

Unfortunately, in order to finish this project, I had to lose access to the mine there. At least there's still 5 left though.

Morpheel, I don't think anyone plays this game anymore. We're the only ones who post here now.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

I just wish these people would post pics of what they did to their valleys though, but it doesn't seem anyone's interested enough to do so. Either that or they don't do anything to their valleys. I personally think most people have moved on to Story of Seasons (AKA a 'real' HM) or some other game and stopped playing this one.

I have so much water now that the only places where I can't fish is right in front of Moon Valley.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

I'd like them even more if they aren't going to cost me $2.81 ($2.49 + 13% tax) each. I like the dog and cow ones the best.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

YAY, they will be 99 cents US each or 2.99 in a bundle. I was afraid they'd be $2.50 (CAD) each, and now I'm so happy I was wrong! I have enough left in my Eshop wallet to get the dog and cow! ^_____^ Yay for cheap themes!

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.