Forums

Topic: GBA Ambassador: When do you expect them to roll in?

Posts 301 to 320 of 579

SageofShadow

Don wrote:

NOA should release the GBA ambassador games tonight for not announcing their availability in NA all day and keeping North Americans in suspense.

Lol. I hope that they announce the date soon but I'm sure it will also be on Friday. It would be unfair if they delayed them in NA.

I'm sure NoA is just going to give it to us randomly the night before like they did with the NES games.

Edited on by SageofShadow

SageofShadow

SageofShadow

Kid_A wrote:

If they come out this Thursday, I will crap a flapjack. My system's in for repairs. That thing better come back with the Ambassador games downloaded and ready to go Nintendo!

What happened to your system man?

SageofShadow

Birdman

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

WeirdFox wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

I cleared off over 2000 blocks of useless demo videos for the anticipation of there announcement. I have over 7000 blocks still and that's only what came with the system. I'm hoping they land around only 100-200 blocks each.

I, too, do hope that they don't clog up my 3DS. I need room for Oracle of Ages, Columns, Sonic Drift, and possibly more.

you know you can stick them on the SD card? Even if you have the default 2 gig card, GBA games were capped at 32 megabytes, you'll have more than enough room

That's still 256 blocks (max) per game, and if they're all that size (which I highly doubt they are), that's 2,560 blocks per game, or 320 MB. Kinda glad I upgraded to an 8 GB card ...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

VmprHntrD

Looks like my prediction from months ago was pretty spot on. I was saying Christmas gift, close to then or at the earliest after Black Friday. I'm glad they kept their promise of this year and the line up looks pretty fun.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

Sisilly_G

The games are now available for download in Australia.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Spoony_Tech

sillygostly wrote:

The games are now available for download in Australia.

That's good to hear since north America still hasn't heard anything.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

I can confirm that the GBA games are currently single player only.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Sisilly_G

And an update to the NES games hasn't been made available yet.

Sisilly_G

That was just for NES games; however, I think that they will include multiplayer for most, if not all GB/GBC/GBA games at some point as well. Hey, if free emulators could do it...

Edited on by Sisilly_G

retired_account

Emulators can do online, but that doesn't mean Nintendo will do it too, lol.

The thing is people who make free emulators have fun adding new features to it. Nintendo's attitude seems to be "Let's do this with as little effort as possible."

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Sisilly_G

pixelman wrote:

I'm not asking for Nintendo to modify the original game data in order to give us new features, but they could at least ensure that all of the features that were available in the original retail release are afforded to us with the 3DS as well. Really, how hard could it be to link 2-4 systems together for VC multiplayer? The bottom screen could easily act as a multiplayer sub-menu where we could choose which systems we'd like to link the game to. Make it happen, Nintendo!

retired_account

sillygostly wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I'm not asking for Nintendo to modify the original game data in order to give us new features, but they could at least ensure that all of the features that were available in the original retail release are afforded to us with the 3DS as well. Really, how hard could it be to link 2-4 systems together for VC multiplayer? The bottom screen could easily act as a multiplayer sub-menu where we could choose which systems we'd like to link the game to. Make it happen, Nintendo!

You don't have to change the game code. You just have to change the way data is transferred, which they have to do anyway when they add multiplayer for the NES. Coincidentally I saw a video of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror with online multiplayer earlier today. :3

edit: actually it may have said network. meh, it's theoretically possible, haha.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

LzWinky

sillygostly wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Yes, for a game no one is paying for

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TwilightV

They can add updates to titles now. Maybe they can include online for a small additional price?

TwilightV

Sisilly_G

Unfortunately, the GBA games do not include suspended save or sleep mode at the present time (basically, the same restrictions that apply to DS/DSiWare games apply here). The game is stretched to fit the screen by default, but by holding Select or Start upon booting the game, then the game will be displayed at its native resolution a la VC/DS games.

pixelman wrote:

@sillygostly How are you downloading the games? Same way as the NES ones?

Yes.

lz20XX wrote:

Yes, for a game no one is paying for

Are we not paying for GB/GBC games?

And will we not be paying for GBA VC games eventually?

Don

Someone check the NA 3DS and see if they are up yet. Nothing was announced for Australia and yet it got the GBA games now. Maybe NA is doing the same?

Don

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.