Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,517

Ralizah

Henmii wrote:

As you guys already may have heard Fire Emblem fates allows same-sex marriages. This may lead to a lot of controversion, especially in America. I wonder how long it will take before Nintendo comes with a patch that prevends this. You know it will happen. In fact its such a touchy matter, that you can't even comment on the corresponding article on this very site?! Well, I won't say more. Before I know it, I get banned!

Whatever controversy same-sex marriages being in the game will cause in America, it will be nothing compared to the volcanic eruption of anger that would be caused by Nintendo patching them out. It won't happen.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

IceClimbers

Don't worry, any controversy over the same sex marriages will disappear once it gets to the media that incest is in the game. That actually results in something, and would be difficult to censor.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

RR529

IceClimbers wrote:

Don't worry, any controversy over the same sex marriages will disappear once it gets to the media that incest is in the game. That actually results in something, and would be difficult to censor.

Not really, they could just make your Hoshidan brothers & sisters you can have a romantic relationship with changed to other high ranking nobles, not related to you by blood (it still wouldn't change the fact that you're still a Hoshidan by blood, torn between your birth country & country you were raised in).

They could possibly go with leaving your Nohr siblings untouched, as you aren't related to them by blood.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

I'm worried that this game may have some controversy that it could be banned in Dubai because I always get my games and other stuff from there ( though I don't know whether I can get games anymore seeing I got personal issues in mind.)

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Kai_

Are people actually bothered by 1 (?!) of each optional same-sex relationship? Jeebus.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Ryu_Niiyama

Plateface wrote:

Are people actually bothered by 1 (?!) of each optional same-sex relationship? Jeebus.

You know how it is..."your optional gameplay is messing up my game! Even though I can still play the game how I want....but I want others to feel left out because it makes me feel superior!"

Ok I'm being a little mean because I find it super annoying but yeah people love to get mad about stuff that doesn't directly have an effect on them.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

LyIa

Plateface wrote:

Welcome to Earth. Enjoy your stay. Try not to hurt anybody regardless of how impossibly dumb they may be.

all men are kings 👑

PrincessSugoi

Henmii wrote:

As you guys already may have heard Fire Emblem fates allows same-sex marriages. This may lead to a lot of controversion, especially in America. I wonder how long it will take before Nintendo comes with a patch that prevends this. You know it will happen. In fact its such a touchy matter, that you can't even comment on the corresponding article on this very site?! Well, I won't say more. Before I know it, I get banned!

I wouldn't worry about that. The Tomodachi Life controversy is still fresh on Nintendo's minds. They're not going to want that type of negative attention again where it looks like they aren't being inclusive. Any negative attention will most likely come from the FOX News brand of conservative nutjobs that aren't in the target demographic anyway so their "outrage" means zilch.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Sleepingmudkip

I really hope that this game is not overly censored because the demographic they want to reach is old enough to understand and form their own opinions over the content in the game.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

Nintendo of America better not, I repeat BETTER NOT censor gay marriages to "Best Friends!" I would be extremely upset

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Socar

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

Nintendo of America better not, I repeat BETTER NOT censor gay marriages to "Best Friends!" I would be extremely upset

Wasn't NOA the one that announced the latest news in fire emblem?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

I thought it was Nintendo of Japan that announced it okay that's changes the situation then lol

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

TeeJay

I'm happy about the inclusion of gay marriages, but I wish it wasn't so limited. If I wanted to experiment with a guy and guy relationship I need to buy the Nhor version. What if I didn't want that version? What if I wanted to experience the one lesbian relationship, buy didn't want to buy the Hoshido version?

Well, in any case, it's surprisingly progressive of modern day Nintendo to allow this and I applaud them for that. Here's hoping society reaches a point when this sort of thing doesn't need to be breaking news.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ryu_Niiyama

I do wonder what started this war....and how did baby kidnapping keep everyone sorta at peace until the avatar comes of age? Ah I'm on pins and needles!

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Sleepingmudkip

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I do wonder what started this war....and how did baby kidnapping keep everyone sorta at peace until the avatar comes of age? Ah I'm on pins and needles!

I am tempted to go spoil this part for myself because I have been wondering this for a long time

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

TeeJay wrote:

I'm happy about the inclusion of gay marriages, but I wish it wasn't so limited. If I wanted to experiment with a guy and guy relationship I need to buy the Nhor version. What if I didn't want that version? What if I wanted to experience the one lesbian relationship, buy didn't want to buy the Hoshido version?

Well, in any case, it's surprisingly progressive of modern day Nintendo to allow this and I applaud them for that. Here's hoping society reaches a point when this sort of thing doesn't need to be breaking news.

Supposedly path three has both romance options in it. So you could opt to side with neither and have your romances as well.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

PizzaChrist666

Plateface wrote:

I'm more upset over the fact that there are many more straight pairing options compared to gay options. But I suppose I'll take what I can get haha. #stopstraightpeople

PizzaChrist666

CaviarMeths

PizzaChrist666 wrote:

Plateface wrote:

I'm more upset over the fact that there are many more straight pairing options compared to gay options. But I suppose I'll take what I can get haha. #stopstraightpeople

Real life must really bother you then.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

PizzaChrist666

CaviarMeths wrote:

PizzaChrist666 wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Real life must really bother you then.

Yeah dude, straight people are unbearable most of the time haha. But I'm glad that Nintendo is (slowly) recognizing this problem. But in all seriousness, the fact that I couldn't pair up mine and several of my friends' Miis with our actual partner's Miis was one of the defining reasons why I didn't purchase Tomodachi Life. It looked really fun and surreal on paper, but not including queer features made it sound very boring to me. And I know I'm not the only one who felt that way.

Edited on by PizzaChrist666

PizzaChrist666

Kai_

I suppose I expected these sort of reasons, some people just feel the need to exclude others even though it wouldn't affect their playthroughs anyway, which is sad.

I wish there were more, and not version exclusive.
What's most depressing however, is how meh he looks. And she is basically just Tharja fan service.

Shinonome, please.

Edited on by Kai_

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.