Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 2,521

DreamyViridi

@JaxonH - I'm having a fantastic time myself. I remember when Awakening was released and I got sucked into it from hours on end; before I stopped playing, I would play the game just to grind skills and supports and I enjoyed doing that. It looks like Fates will be the same. I agree that the gameplay has improved and better balanced for the most part, it's a shame that online PvP mode isn't that great from what I've seen.

I rediscovered the Unit Logbook which I completely forgot about. That's also where your 5 chosen units go when you beat the game. Now I understand the purpose of those "Free Skill" castles that I've been seeing.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

@DreamyViridi @JaxonH Considering Revelation (which I virtually have finished), the stories aren't massively bad, if a little clichéd. The one thing I really dislike is (Mild Revelation gameplay spoilers) the amount of time spent in Valla, which gets a little repetitive after five or six chapters. I'd have preferred a little more time at the start, with few allies, focusing on the conflict, but it's still ok. Other than that it's all good. I've grown rather fond of a few characters, and there's not a Vaike/Miriel equivalent from FE:A, who are the only FE characters I have ever hated.

The mechanics are good, and the Dual system is far better than Awakening, being less overpowered, and thus not needing an insane difficulty to neutralise it. Dual Guard still needs a few tweaks, to avoid incredibly overpowered pair-ups but it's virtually there.

I think, instead of the eternal seals, we should instead see a 'Zero Seal', which would reduce your current level down to one in your class, with the caveat of a slightly less expensive pricetag than eternal seals, and only being available 'post' game (well, as close to postgame as FE comes), to remove some of the more annoying grinding.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Luna_110

@JaxonH
Its been nice, the maps and conditions for victory are far better than Awakening, and some gameplay tweaks have been really good (like removing the broken Galeforce, or not making the Avatar game breaking).

On the bad side, they really dropped the ball on the character development and the storyline. Corrin's attitude towards war is annoying - the "they're trying to kill us, but don't kill anyone! - and that everyone looks to Corrin like some kind of saint, even when s/he makes mistakes. When other lords in the series made mistakes, they owned up to it. Micaiah, even though I dislike her, owned to the fact she burned Begnion's pegasus knights. And the "plot twist" in Conquest is terrible.

A personal nitpick for me was the lack of weapon durability. In past games, you saved towards that special weapon, and calculated when you should use it because it could be gone forever. Now, I usually stick with iron or steel weapons because the punishment for silver isn't worth it.

All in all, good game, has its low points.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Socar

@JaxonH I beaten the games long time ago but I will say that the games are great in their own right even though to me personally, Conquest is the better game out of them all due to it just doing everything better.

As you already know, I'm not a big fan of the game's music as only a few of them stand out.

Hopefully, future games can only get better from here on and I'm positive that it will be.

@TheXReturns The reason the seals are done with the way they are is because they want it to make it similar to how in other games, you don't get the chance to change the class once you're promoted while at the same time, make it accessible.

I agree that for getting skills, it can be a problem but really....seeing as you have powerful units, you don't need those huge list of skills unless you want to go wild.

I think the grinding is fairly done well here...if not done better. Sure, Mozu will be a nightmare to grind in conquest but for the most part, I never felt being forced to do this and do that in Conquest and Revelations alone. I simply used the chapters themselves to do the overall grinding.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Socar I'm referring to how the top castles all seem to have max stats. It's gonna take a while to get anywhere close... Skills aren't the main problem, it's just frustrating to have to keep buying eternal seals if you had really bad level ups...

I'm nearly convinced to buy all the DLC in the multipack, as the stuff I really want comes up to just a few quid less...

WinterWarm

@SuperWario Dwyer is pretty much only good for defending castles, because of his personal skill

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

e-love

okay i used to dislike kaden now i am feeling it .. he always gets crits! !

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

edhe

@DreamyViridi You paired Silas with Oboro? Me too! Cute couple.

It's a shame I got Silas "killed" in one of my final missions...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

TheXReturns

@Edhe When I move on to Classic, it's going to take ages. XD I'm going to meticulously plan, ensuring no-one's in danger, then get annoyed when Lon'qu dies to a 1% Critical Hit on one of the last levels of Awakening.

Hopefully, the RNG will be nicer to me next time...

DreamyViridi

@edhe - Yeah, they just seemed to go together. ^^
...Except for that bit where Oboro told Silas to get used to seeing her grimace cause he'd be seeing it a lot. Hmm...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Gultigargar

Hey fellow users, who's the best wife for Kaden? (This is for Revelation.)

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

Canadian_Ronin

Am I the only one who would have liked Awakening and Fates even more if Chrom, Ryoma and Xander were just the "main, player characters", and the Avatar characters just didn't exist?

I always find myself so much more interested in those characters and really bored with Robin and Corrin and they'd probably end up as characters I'd never take to battle if I wasn't forced too.

Canadian_Ronin

e-love

i got oboro and hinata married, kind of cliche but whatever

should i make oboro a spear master or a basura ?? ? i always have trouble deciding with master seals

Canadian_Ronin

Just out of curiosity, what story based pairings/marriages (stat ones are much more simple to figure out) did everyone make in Birthright and Conquest?

Canadian_Ronin

WinterWarm

@Emaan

I made Oboro a Spear Master. I don't like the Basara class, really.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

(Strong Language Warning)

That pretty much sums up everything I know about this game. And yet I feel that I am already fully prepared to lead an entire army, who may or may not be on the side of the people who raised me my entire life, depending on how much money I'm willing to spend.

EDIT: Why didn't anybody mention that the picture wouldn't load in?!

Geez guys...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

need some opinions if let's say i lowkey found the story of birthright lame and uninteresting do you think i will enjoy revelations more ? for those of you who got it

JaxonH

@Emaan

Ya, my brother is as big a FE but as me and said Revelation was definitely better than both Birthright and Conquest.

And really, the maps are the core of FE and Revelation is only $20 so, can't go wrong I think.

PLAYING
NS: Zombie Army 4, Splatoon 2
STEAM:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Shahinshah

What's up with that Fire Emblem Content in July in London?????

Shahinshah

Grumblevolcano

Now that EU has finally caught up to NA with Fates DLC (the remainder of Map Pack 2 came out today), I wonder if Map Pack 3 will be coming to both soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic