Forums

Topic: Fantasy life

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,087

Ufaowl

Tigus wrote:

Ufaowl wrote:

I'm a bit bothered with the life-changing feature. If your class (life) can be changed on a whim doesn't it diminish the significance of your choice? You have no need to stick to your class and figure out how it works and how you can cover it's weak points - you just switch it.
"You think I'm an archer 'cause I'm holding my bow. You managed to get close to me to strike. But here is me bashing you skull with my pot 'cause I'm also a cook trained by paladins"
"I was never troubled trying to cook well. I just add some happy potions i make. Anyway, as I also work as blacksmith i'm so huge that people are just scared to complain about quality"

I haven't got the game yet. Just curious.

When you start a life you build your skills with that respective life once you switch you retain a level of the previous lives you worked in but can't fully utilize all the ability you had from each unless you working in that specific life. Its like real life in a way, if I work as a cook then become a soilder, the moment im asked or have need of culinary ability I have it you wouldn't just forget it all. You also can't change at any given moment you still have to go to the guild office to change the life itself.

WaLzgi wrote:

At the same time, the game would not be nearly enjoyable if you could only do one life.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I don't think changing classes is quite that easy either. I'm pretty sure you need to go somewhere in town to switch.

Yes, it wouldn't be fun. But doesn't it make you Jack-of-all-trades?
I think for Role-Playing Game there should be some limitations to encourage you to play your role. Something you couldn't do if you chose some path. Usually in RPGs you can't be mighty wizard that can shoot out a squirrel's eye, steal everything, unlock any lock, mastering any weapon exist.

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

Tigus

I'm not going to have a real life once my Fantasy Life begins, @6ch6ris6 have you played online yet?

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

LzWinky

Then set your own limits. Problem solved!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

@Ufaowl But isn't that similar to having multiple people in you party with all or some of those skills anyways? Think about it, if you need a locked picked and you have a thief/blacksmith in you party your set. In this case you go and switch you class but still need to learn how to do it. Can't I be both a doctor, cook, carpenter, and basically whatever I want whenever I want?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OptometristLime

@Ufaowl just from what I've picked up by reading articles, it seems like you are forced to make choices about how you invest your skills. Not every ability will be available to you right away (obviously) but also the choice to be a certain class is a deliberate one, and you will not be able to carry a bow or emulate the battle prowess of a hunter when you are merely a baker say (or some lowly profession ).

Hope that helps some.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Ufaowl

@Spoony_Tech, @OptometristLime
In terms of this game's world i understatnd all of it. I just wonder how it affects roleplay.
It's not quite the same as having a party, because you have to balance your party anyway and there would also be things you don't have a character for.

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

buddakeks

Downloading the game right now. I would love to play online with you guys. Feel free to add me, my code is in my sig. So far I added @6ch6ris6.
Enjoy

Edit: Also added @YvoCaro, to be extactly your american code.

Edited on by buddakeks

3DS-FC: 4511-0483-5718
Wii-FC: 5710-9774-9328-9640

MetalGear_Yoshi

Man, still not up on the Aussie eshop

My FC:2105-8672-6548 feel free to add me.

MetalGear_Yoshi

6ch6ris6

@Lammashta you can take screenshots with start/select after like 3 hours into the game (depending on how you focus on story)

@Tigus i haven't played online so far. i think you can only play with friends so i need more of you people here to start the game already!!!

@buddakeks adding you aswell

okay guys this is how lifes/jobs/classes (whatever you wanna call it) works:
i started as a hunter and completed certain tasks given by my master. you get stars for completing those quests. the stars are only to level up your life/job/class. the higher your title (for example beginner or apprentice) the more skills you get. you can not choose what skills you will get. it depends on how high your title is. if you change life/job/class you can still use the skills from every other life/job/class you have. but they are very slightly weaker than if you are in that specific life/job/class. you only really need to change life/job/class when you want to go to the master of a specific life/job/class to tell him you completed his tasks/quests.
for example. as a hunter i can still make furniture at the workbench if i learned those skills as a carpanter. or if i go hunting in the wild as a hunter i can still chop wood and collect ressources.
to change your life you need to go to a specific building and talk to some dude. i dont know if every town has such a building. i have not reached the second town yet.

you also get experience points for killing monsters, making stuff and also for collecting ressurces i think. those experience work like in every other rpg. they level up your character. when you level up you get status points. as a hunter i mainly go for dextrity or whatever it is called in english. as a magician you would mainly go for intelligence i guess.

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Pokefanmum82

Man I really want this game. Why do I have to wait so long lol oh well having to wait until the 24th gives me time to master Smash Bros.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

andreoni79

Just started now as an angler. I don't play too much online but feel free to add me, guys (3ds code in the signature).
I heard that the dlc is only 2 blocks, that meaning everything is already in the cartridge... Since "updated" gamers can't connect with "standard" gamers I'm wondering how many of you have already purchased the dlc. (I still have not.)

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Spoony_Tech

andreoni79 wrote:

Just started now as an angler. I don't play too much online but feel free to add me, guys (3ds code in the signature).
I heard that the dlc is only 2 blocks, that meaning everything is already in the cartridge... Since "updated" gamers can't connect with "standard" gamers I'm wondering how many of you have already purchased the dlc. (I still have not.)

Exactly what I figured. They blocked content on the game to sell as dlc. I told you guys. It won't change my purchase of this but that's bull crap!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tigus

@Spoony_Tech It wouldn't be fair to Japanese players if we got the same content for free, were actually getting it for a lower price too
@6ch6ris6 you can add me now I WILL play this mostly online.

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

Spoony_Tech

Why wouldn't it be far? They've had the game for over 2 years now. We had to wait for this version for what seems like forever. It just goes against everything Nintendo always says and the fact it's on the cartridge makes it way worse imo! 2 blocks to unlock what's already in the cartridge is not dlc. Dlc Is something I have to dl not a code to unlock content.

MERG said:

Tigus

Because it was DLC at one point its just that it was added to the game awhile after its release and its not that bad its only 8.00$. my issue is if I'm getting the DLC and no one else does then i wouldn't be able to play with them MAJOR ISSUE

Edited on by Tigus

-Me

Spoony_Tech

So you're saying everyone in Japan had to pay for the dlc. I'm not sure about that. What about those that waited for the Link version. I'm going to assume they got everything on one cartridge.

MERG said:

Sparx

wasn't the link version more expensive though?

My avatar is from here

Tigus

Spoony_Tech wrote:

So you're saying everyone in Japan had to pay for the dlc. I'm not sure about that. What about those that waited for the Link version. I'm going to assume they got everything on one cartridge.

yeah but the Link version costed more too, they were given the option of buying it ass a add on or buying another game entirely.

Edited on by Tigus

-Me

Spoony_Tech

Ok, that makes more sense then. I'll drop it as I'm excited for the game and you really don't need to purchase it till well late into the game anyways.

MERG said:

Tigus

Is it true that people that have the DLC can't play with those that don't?

-Me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic