Spoony_Tech

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Yup, but EU gets Fantasy Life next week

SAY IT AGAIN

America gets all Atlus games first

'Well with Sega now owning them that may not be the case forever.

But the difference is we have an Atlus USA and I believe they are the ones just now starting to bring over their own games to you. SMT IV took what 15 months.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Wouwter

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SAY IT AGAIN

But the difference is we have an Atlus USA and I believe they are the ones just now starting to bring over their own games to you. SMT IV took what 15 months.

I think SMTIV is still not here.

Forum Signature

Spoony_Tech

Wouwter wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SAY IT AGAIN

I think SMTIV is still not here.

Hence the reason I said 15 months because it's only been out here for about 13.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Wouwter

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Hence the reason I said 15 months because it's only been out here for about 13.

My mistake. It doesn't really matter to me, I'd rather have Fantasy Life. ^^

Forum Signature

Spoony_Tech

Um, don't even mention AC in here lol. This is a different beast all together. If anything this will feel a lot better spending 200 hours on as it's more worth while and not as pointless as AC!

I looked back at my 200 plus hours of New Leaf play and asked myself what did I really do? I feel like I waisted a lot of my life on just collecting Nintendo themed crap!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

LzWinky

Miss_Dark wrote:

cheap animal crossing rip off or a real good game? what do you guys think? I'm interested in buying this (I looove simulation games) but it reminds me so much of animal crossing in a way

Cheap?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Miss_Dark wrote:

cheap animal crossing rip off or a real good game? what do you guys think? I'm interested in buying this (I looove simulation games) but it reminds me so much of animal crossing in a way

It is nothing like Animal Crossing. I suggest watching videos or even reading basic gameplay information before doing anything else...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jazzer94

Miss_Dark wrote:

Not even the same kind of beast.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SAY IT AGAIN

Don't you ever mention that game to me ever again supposed to come out September then suddenly gets delayed again.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

6ch6ris6

just had a look at the official german microsite for the game. so HYPED !!!

btw the DLC can only be purchased when you finished the mainstory and did some other stuff like getting up to lvl 50. what really annoys me is that if you bought the dlc you will not be able to play with other people online who do not have the dlc. and vice versa of course. really stupid

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tigus

6ch6ris6 wrote:

btw the DLC can only be purchased when you finished the mainstory and did some other stuff like getting up to lvl 50. what really annoys me is that if you bought the dlc you will not be able to play with other people online who do not have the dlc. and vice versa of course. really stupid

I feel you dude but if there friends it shouldn't be that bad and you'll still have access to everything else, also whats your 1st language?

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

Zyon

6ch6ris6 wrote:

It can be purchased immediately you don't have to wait to buy it. You'll have the ability to activate it in game and from there it won't be unlocked in your game until you beat the main story.
It's true people that buy the dlc won't be able to play with those that haven't bought it. While many people may find that part a bad move, there's actually good reasoning behind it. In the original Japanese game there was no online multiplayer support, that is until a year after it's release with the Link expansion. The original Fantasy Life game became obsolete because of all the improvements in Fantasy Life Link.
The localized version that we're getting is basically the same as Japans original version of the game. Only difference is that is has online multiplayer support already put in. This day 1 dlc is the Link expansion, be thankful that they added online multiplayer to the game verses going down the same path as Japan by forcing people to get the expansion.
The dlc is adding content which isn't in the original game which then makes those that have it and those that don't not compatible. New area, items, and equipment, and much more won't be available because they were never put in the game originally. If they allowed people to play online whether they had the dlc or not people could easily get those that have it to trade them the new items/equipment.

There's something to think about, the content is not unlocked in game until you've beaten the main story. You could wait until then to buy it, that'll give you enough time to figure out if you want more stuff to do. Or figure out if your friends are buying the dlc or not.

Zyon

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4646-2043 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyon17

YvoCaro

I've played this game on my Japanese 3DS, my review is here http://wp.me/p43dCw-2E. It's a great game and I'm surely getting the English version too. I found I missed too much of the story as I'm not fluent in Japanese.

I'd definitely rate it with an 8 or 9. If you love the questing part of Rune Factory, you'll love this. I haven't done much yet in the way of house decorating and such. Can't really compare it to Animal Crossing I think.
What makes it so cool is that you can fight if you want to, but you don't have to!

It's not just young people that play videogames! 😄 Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0141-3894

6ch6ris6

@Tigus my native language is german.

@YvoCaro i will read your review later^^

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tigus

Zyon wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

It can be purchased immediately you don't have to wait to buy it. You'll have the ability to activate it in game and from there it won't be unlocked in your game until you beat the main story.
It's true people that buy the dlc won't be able to play with those that haven't bought it. While many people may find that part a bad move, there's actually good reasoning behind it. In the original Japanese game there was no online multiplayer support, that is until a year after it's release with the Link expansion. The original Fantasy Life game became obsolete because of all the improvements in Fantasy Life Link.
The localized version that we're getting is basically the same as Japans original version of the game. Only difference is that is has online multiplayer support already put in. This day 1 dlc is the Link expansion, be thankful that they added online multiplayer to the game verses going down the same path as Japan by forcing people to get the expansion.
The dlc is adding content which isn't in the original game which then makes those that have it and those that don't not compatible. New area, items, and equipment, and much more won't be available because they were never put in the game originally. If they allowed people to play online whether they had the dlc or not people could easily get those that have it to trade them the new items/equipment.

There's something to think about, the content is not unlocked in game until you've beaten the main story. You could wait until then to buy it, that'll give you enough time to figure out if you want more stuff to do. Or figure out if your friends are buying the dlc or not.

So your saying, if I buy the DLC and my friends don't they won't be able to play in my world or not at all?

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

Tigus

Miss_Dark wrote:

@CanisWolfred: I did, can't help it it reminds me of AC in many ways, the combat system looks plain as if they added it just for the sake of it. Not sure why they even call this an RPG.

might buy it anyway, there are many games out there that first looked like crap to me but that turned out to be outstanding

If you've played any of the Mana games then the battle system looks to be more complex then those games, not to mention you gain skills and abilitys as you use certain gear more. Its a RPG because it has some traditional elements of one along with new ones and as @YvoCaro said you don't have to fight at all if you don't want to.

-Me

CanisWolfred

But you have to fight. The only way to get money is through either from dungeons or materials in the monster-filled overworld. From what I've seen and read...that basically means you're gonna have to fight at some point.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tigus

CanisWolfred wrote:

But you have to fight. The only way to get money is through either from dungeons or materials in the monster-filled overworld. From what I've seen and read...that basically means you're gonna have to fight at some point.

Not necessarily, you could just sell collected items like wood or ore from mining. There are benefits to each life but combat isnt mandatory

-Me

YvoCaro

Tigus wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Not necessarily, you could just sell collected items like wood or ore from mining. There are benefits to each life but combat isnt mandatory

True, things might go a little faster if you fight, but by being an alchemist for instance, you can make potions and items to sell too. I've found that the best way to get ahead is to mix the professions. You can change your profession every time you want, and change back again too. That way you will have plenty of lifesaver potions for instance when you go and be a knight again to fight.

But I must say, from what I played it seems to me that it's more about the RPG and questing part, then it is about decorating your house. So the comparison to AC isn't entirely accurate.

It's not just young people that play videogames! 😄 Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

YvoCaro

Miss_Dark wrote:

YvoCaro wrote:

Tigus wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

True, things might go a little faster if you fight, but by being an alchemist for instance, you can make potions and items to sell too. I've found that the best way to get ahead is to mix the professions. You can change your profession every time you want, and change back again too. That way you will have plenty of lifesaver potions for instance when you go and be a knight again to fight.

But I must say, from what I played it seems to me that it's more about the RPG and questing part, then it is about decorating your house. So the comparison to AC isn't entirely accurate.

What is the social part of the game like?

Hmm, can't really help you there. Though i did have the Link extension I never got online with someone, as I didn't know anyone playing the Japanese version! I'm told though that it's good, enabling you to do quests togheter.

CanisWolfred

I'm not sure, but do the monsters not engauge you if you ignore them? Because you'd think it'd be hazardous just going out in the woods looking for materials.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic