Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 401 to 420 of 828

CaviarMeths

About 24 hours of playtime now, or roughly 1 entire playthrough of Final Fantasy X (new unit of measurement: 24 hours = 1 FFX or 0.25 Xenoblades). I don't think I'm anywhere near the end of the game, but I'm probably overgrinding a bit. Just got to Eisenberg and got a bit of a reveal about Ringabel. Nice brush of dramatic irony.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Also how does everyone divide up the people in the town? Do you put all people on one project or one here two there? I usually divide mine up to about 3 tasks! Also overnight ill set them to a big one so by morning its all done!

Depends on if I'm actually playing or not. If I'm not playing, I'll queue up a bunch that take about 10 hours each, but if I am playing, I'll usually opt for quicker completion times.

Gotta be careful of diminishing returns though. If something takes 20 hours to complete, a single extra worker will cleave 10 whole hours off your time, but another 3 workers will only take off another 5. Just to see how small the returns can get, I threw like 30 villagers on a task with 99 hours. Got so bad near the end that each new worker was only shaving about 1-2 minutes off the clock. Definitely not worth it. Once you get to the point where everything takes 10+ hours, I think more than about 6 workers per job is overkill, unless you have a ridiculously high amount of them and nothing else to do.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DualWielding

One question guys, on a previous post people were saying you required AR cards to start the game, so what happens if you buy the digital version?

PSN: Fertheseeker

devinias

Odd I went to update for my daily villagers and it said I had already updated today, I thought it reset after midnight or is it from the last time you actually synced?

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

thatguyEZ

ferthepoet wrote:

One question guys, on a previous post people were saying you required AR cards to start the game, so what happens if you buy the digital version?

It doesn't require them, but by not having them you just won't be able to watch the little AR thing at the beginning of the game.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

DualWielding

thatguyEZ wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

It doesn't require them, but by not having them you just won't be able to watch the little AR thing at the beginning of the game.

O.K, so I'll not be missing much by going for a digital copy?, I'm in Australia and my 3DS is NTSC so importing a physical copy would be too expensive

CaviarMeths

ferthepoet wrote:

thatguyEZ wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

O.K, so I'll not be missing much by going for a digital copy?, I'm in Australia and my 3DS is NTSC so importing a physical copy would be too expensive

The only hindrance I can see for going digital for BD is the gigantic file size. Thing clocks in at around 26,000 blocks (can't remember exact amount offhand, but it's over 3GB anyway).

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DualWielding

CaviarMeths wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

thatguyEZ wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

The only hindrance I can see for going digital for BD is the gigantic file size. Thing clocks in at around 26,000 blocks (can't remember exact amount offhand, but it's over 3GB anyway).

no prob I have 32 Gig card with free space, although is shocking that it is even bigger than RE: Revelations.... there must be lots of pre rendered cutscenes

Spoony_Tech

devinias wrote:

Odd I went to update for my daily villagers and it said I had already updated today, I thought it reset after midnight or is it from the last time you actually synced?

Yeah thought the same thing. It might be 24 hours after your last update as I had the same problem.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

thatguyEZ

ferthepoet wrote:

thatguyEZ wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

Yeah it nothing that's like vital to the story or anything. I'd say it's just a nice little extra for peeps who got the physical edition but that's it. ;3

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

oninowon

GuardianKing wrote:

@CaviarMeths Thanks for the reply!

I've decided to give the demo another chance, but I'd still like to hear everyone else on what this game feels like, and whether or not it's worth it.

I think the demo did a pretty good job of what to expect from the full version so if the demo did not grab you, the full version won't change your mind. The game is very similar to FF in feel although they changed up the turn based combat system. They've tweaked the FF combat system over the years and this just feels like another tweak. Having said that, I do enjoy it (the combat). They've also introduced a time stop mechanic with which to break the combat system but use of it is severly limiting (you need to store up a lot of suspended time-closing your 3DS...).

There is voice acting in the full version and in my opinion it is very well done. There were quite a few funny moments early in the game ( I just got my White magician and Karate customs). Another part that was not shown in the demo was the constant (non voice) conversation between party members that will remind you of the Tales series.

The artwork, for the most part is amazing! The painted background is rendered very nicely in 3D. The only thing that bugged me was the tendency of the camera to zoom way out at certain times making it somewhat disorienting.

Just had a thought...maybe you were not impressed with the demo because of it being just a fetch quest with little to no story...

Edited on by oninowon

oninowon

oninowon

Has anyone reached a state where they mastered a Job? In the demo, it was 4th level. I'm wondering what level it is in the full version.

oninowon

UGXwolf

Spoony_Tech wrote:

devinias wrote:

So what level do u have your encounter meter at?? I honestly forgot to raise it yesterday when I first started. I was wondering why it was taking a while to encounter mobs. So I upped mine to 100+. Big boost in xp and leveling.

I felt the same way as you but only turned it up to 50% it's still a bit low for my taste but 100% is to high.

I actually got my first streetpass for this game today. I only have 6 friends playing this atm so I can use more help! Also how does everyone divide up the people in the town? Do you put all people on one project or one here two there? I usually divide mine up to about 3 tasks! Also overnight ill set them to a big one so by morning its all done!

I kinda go with whatever I'm feeling at the time, but for the most part, I put one person on any massive task open to me and add more as it goes until it's short enough I can justify putting a large number of people on the task. I then usually put all the others into two or three other projects.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Metroidlink

The game has one pre rendered cutscene and that's at the start of the game (i have not completed the game though but I have come to chapter 5)

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Pokefanmum82

this game is so beautiful.....i haven't really gotten that far yet since i just got it yesterday but the graphics are amazing

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

DualWielding

Metroidlink wrote:

The game has one pre rendered cutscene and that's at the start of the game (i have not completed the game though but I have come to chapter 5)

Then what exactly makes it be 3 GB?

Spoony_Tech

ferthepoet wrote:

Metroidlink wrote:

From what i'm hearing mostly uncompressed sound.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Metroidlink

Spoony_Tech wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

Metroidlink wrote:

From what i'm hearing mostly uncompressed sound.

That sounds right, every character (expect npc in towns that are not important) have voice acting.

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Navar

I have been very much enjoying this game.

Does anyone want to trade friend codes?

I always "send" before I have a staff user use Rejuvenation, so I am always sending healing, and I usually send 2+ times per day.

I am looking for a couple of people with which I can ablink.

FC: 0645-7048-1995, I tend to drop healing when possible.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Nintendo just announced a Hangout about Bravely Default:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c63p0cb98sceg03gdh8k4scf5do

Update: The event is actually being hosted by Best Buy (US retailer). Here's the description from the event page: "RSVP and join us to hear from the Nintendo team behind the highly anticipated Nintendo 3DS game, Bravely Default. We’ll also be joined by gaming bloggers and a Best Buy Blueshirt to give a first-hand account of the game."

Edited on by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic