Forums

Topic: Aw yeah! Persona Q!

Posts 21 to 40 of 281

Spoony_Tech

Jim_Purcell wrote:

Zizzy wrote:

I'll wait for a price drop. $60 is too much for a 3DS game...

There's a $40 standard edition.

Slightly disappointed I won't be getting the OST though. Don't care about the other stuff.

EDIT: Waaaaait a second. The standard barebones version is $50?! WTF is that? Premium Edition is $80. WELP. I guess I probably won't get this at launch. That's WEIRD.

Yep, it's the second Atlus game and only the second in the states to my knowledge that has been priced that even for the basic. What made SMT IV more bearable was the 30$ eshop credit for owning Fire Emblem. I don't see that happening again here though.

Even so I'm sure it will be a good game but I almost want to send a message about these prices all of a sudden from them and wait for the price to come down. I have been day one for every Atlus game released on the 3ds except CoP and I'm not sure I'm on board for this day one either. The thing is as much as I want to play it (and I really want it as much as any other Atlus game) I've got so much to play and I believe I don't need this day one. Now if it get excellent reviews my views may change but for now I think I might lean towards Fantasy Life!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jim_Purcell

SMT IV was $50 and came with a soundtrack, collector's box, and starter strategy guide. Not the best value IMO, but at least it wasn't barebones!

Jim_Purcell

Eel

Atlus is usually very generous with their eshop sales.

I guess that's how I'll get this one.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NFERNO

I can't believe how many people whine about the price of this. It's not like you haven't had months to save for it, which is what I've done to pre-order the Premium edition. Then also, I am closing in on 50 so if I want to spend $80 on a game, I've earned the right. Atlus had kinda taken up the mantle that Working Designs held for years when they were around, releasing nice special editions with some cool bonuses added in. I'm gonna support that.

3DS FC: 4382-3311-2263

Spoony_Tech

It's not about the money. Last year I bought every Atlus game day one and was happy to support them but enough is enough. The 50$ version doesn't even come with that much and all I really need or want is the game. How SMT IV went for 50$ on the shop was beyond me. Atlus is my favorite 3ds party and I love everything they do to a fault but I'm taking a stand because I can and I don't need this day one.

I love the fact though that they are heavy supporters of the 3ds. Probably the most 3rd party games on the system from one company. If this ends up being 40$ on the shop I'll consider it but from what happened in the past I doubt it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

SMTIV came with a nice book, soundtrack, and box to house it all in. Plus, there was the SMT and FE promotional credit thing. SMTIV fully justified its price tag.

Persona Q... doesn't. It's just a really expensive 3DS game. I'll wait for a price drop or a sale or something. I love Atlus, but I'm not going to support this kind of unjustified price hike.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)

Upcoming
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

SMTIV came with a nice book, soundtrack, and box to house it all in. Plus, there was the SMT and FE promotional credit thing. SMTIV fully justified its price tag.

Persona Q... doesn't. It's just a really expensive 3DS game. I'll wait for a price drop or a sale or something. I love Atlus, but I'm not going to support this kind of unjustified price hike.

I guess I'm a little surprised you also feel this way. I've been noticing a few people agreeing with us about this. It's almost as if the price is off of name alone. I sent them an email that I was protesting this price. Not sure if you seen that on the news page earlier today. It has to stop somewhere. I understand this would be even more expensive in Europe and even more so in Japan but to have the 2 highest priced retail games in NA is crazy. Yes the other felt justified but what's next with this price tag. Tbh I thought Untold just might go there. Revelation backed down from this price yes it was early in the 3ds's life cycle but Capcom is way bigger then Atlus which doesn't make much sense.

Anyways rant over and I still look forward to playing this sometime next year!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I guess I'm a little surprised you also feel this way. I've been noticing a few people agreeing with us about this. It's almost as if the price is off of name alone. I sent them an email that I was protesting this price. Not sure if you seen that on the news page earlier today. It has to stop somewhere. I understand this would be even more expensive in Europe and even more so in Japan but to have the 2 highest priced retail games in NA is crazy. Yes the other felt justified but what's next with this price tag. Tbh I thought Untold just might go there. Revelation backed down from this price yes it was early in the 3ds's life cycle but Capcom is way bigger then Atlus which doesn't make much sense.

Anyways rant over and I still look forward to playing this sometime next year!

I have enough to play anyway. I'm still playing Wind Waker HD, haven't gotten that far into my 100% playthrough of Super Mario 3D World, haven't even touched my Wii U copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and, to be perfectly honest, I still haven't finished Bravely Default! So this can wait a while.

You're right: it seems like the higher price is based on brand name alone, and I don't care to support that. I'll buy it when it goes down to $40 or lower which, knowing Atlus, shouldn't take too awful long.

Have you heard any news about Devil Survivor 2: Break Record lately? I'm actually more excited about that, to be honest.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)

Upcoming
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I guess I'm a little surprised you also feel this way. I've been noticing a few people agreeing with us about this. It's almost as if the price is off of name alone. I sent them an email that I was protesting this price. Not sure if you seen that on the news page earlier today. It has to stop somewhere. I understand this would be even more expensive in Europe and even more so in Japan but to have the 2 highest priced retail games in NA is crazy. Yes the other felt justified but what's next with this price tag. Tbh I thought Untold just might go there. Revelation backed down from this price yes it was early in the 3ds's life cycle but Capcom is way bigger then Atlus which doesn't make much sense.

Anyways rant over and I still look forward to playing this sometime next year!

I have enough to play anyway. I'm still playing Wind Waker HD, haven't gotten that far into my 100% playthrough of Super Mario 3D World, haven't even touched my Wii U copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and, to be perfectly honest, I still haven't finished Bravely Default! So this can wait a while.

You're right: it seems like the higher price is based on brand name alone, and I don't care to support that. I'll buy it when it goes down to $40 or lower which, knowing Atlus, shouldn't take too awful long.

Have you heard any news about Devil Survivor 2: Break Record lately? I'm actually more excited about that, to be honest.

Haven't heard one thing about it unfortunately. If it ever gets a release date I'll have to go finish Overclocked. I'm on day 7 I believe near the end however I haven't a clue what's on day 8! I need to stop getting stuck near the end of these games lol. Oh and it Better not be 50$ either. I'll just go play my ds version if that's the case.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

Did you see what comes with the premium edition? You get a protective colorful case for your 3DS, the game, eleven Persona tarot cards, a soundtrack cd, an exclusive art book and a collectible box. That to me is worth 80 bucks. But to each their own. I have this preordered and am really excited for it. It's not the only expensive game for the 3DS. Special editions are usually more than regular editions, take SMT IV and Kingdom Hearts 3D. Although nowhere near 80 but I am using birthday money to get this game so I'm not really paying for it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Spoony_Tech

If that 80$ deal was available elsewhere then I might bite but because it's limited to only the Atlus website kinda puts me off. I want to go and pick it up. I never have games delivered to me for whatever reason. Plus like I said above all I really want is the game and not all the extras and it seems like Atlus just wants to mark up the price to pay for this extra stuff. Plus what of the eshop prices. We get nothing but the game and yet it's still the inflated price.

All the stuff is cool and all but to me Its just more clutter around the house I don't need. I look at it for like a day then it will go in a box never to be seen again. To each there own I guess!

Just give me the option to buy the game please. Free cd's are cool and all but what it comes down to is the game.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Haven't heard one thing about it unfortunately. If it ever gets a release date I'll have to go finish Overclocked. I'm on day 7 I believe near the end however I haven't a clue what's on day 8! I need to stop getting stuck near the end of these games lol. Oh and it Better not be 50$ either. I'll just go play my ds version if that's the case.

I wouldn't worry about it. Most Atlus titles are priced normally. They just seem to be doing this for their two flagship franchises. Devil Survivor is too niche to sell over $40 unless it comes with goodies.

I need to replay it. I quit after trapping myself into the second hardest route in the game on my first playthrough. EVERYBODY recommends doing Ayane's route on New Game Plus.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)

Upcoming
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Spoony_Tech

If it comes with extras and it's worth it then it's ok but I really just want the game. Other then the eshop they need to start offering just the game and then I'll be happy.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I AM amazed that they didn't lower the price for the eshop version of SMTIV. Physical copies were great at that price for reasons I discussed, but it feels like the digital only people who bought it Day One got jipped.

As it stands, Persona Q will be a $50 download. That'll probably go down significantly after Christmas.

Currently Playing: WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)

Upcoming
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Jampie

Spoony_Tech wrote:

If that 80$ deal was available elsewhere then I might bite but because it's limited to only the Atlus website kinda puts me off. I want to go and pick it up. I never have games delivered to me for whatever reason. Plus like I said above all I really want is the game and not all the extras and it seems like Atlus just wants to mark up the price to pay for this extra stuff. Plus what of the eshop prices. We get nothing but the game and yet it's still the inflated price.

All the stuff is cool and all but to me Its just more clutter around the house I don't need. I look at it for like a day then it will go in a box never to be seen again. To each there own I guess!

Just give me the option to buy the game please. Free cd's are cool and all but what it comes down to is the game.

Huh? The premium edition isn't limited to only ATLUS's website. I have mine on pre-order at a local GameStop store and it's also available for pre-order on Amazon the last time I checked. But yeah, I agree that ATLUS should just release a standard edition without all the extras so people who could careless about the extras can buy it for the normal $40 price. Well, the standard does come with tarot cards, but I see no point in doing that and increasing the price when there's already a premium edition... It baffled me that ATLUS even priced SMT IV on the eShop for $50! I could justify the physical copy since it came with a lot of stuff, but not the eShop price.

Edited on by Jampie

MiiverseBackloggeryColors! Gallery
Peach Pink 2DS FC: 3110 - 6005 - 7552 // NNID: Emilyssa
AC:NL Dream Address: 5...

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0320-5871 | Nintendo Network ID: Jampie | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I wonder why I thought it was exclusive to the Atlus site. To me It made it sound that way. Well I guess 80$ isn't too bad for all that stuff but I don't really need it. Just the game for me down the road.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Persona Q will go as low as 20 bucks in the eshop eventually.

@spoony_tech: ^ maybe you got it confused with the Theathrythm Curtain Call special edition that Squeenix has exclusively on its site and is oddly similar to this one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

Yeah maybe that's what I did. Don't need that either and if the game is too similar to the last I'll wait for a price cut on that as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

On the topic of Theathrythm, from what I see the gameplay is mostly the same (with a few additions) but the overall package is much much better than the previous game. Tons more content and many more modes instead of just 'series' and 'free play'.

I actually think I'll buy Theathrythm before this one

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pokefanmum82

EB games canada has preorder Curtain Call and get a free upgrade to the limited edition. Although I'm not sure if that's the same one as the one on Square Enix's website. It comes with special packaging and a music cd with 5 remix selection tracks (from the EB games canada website)

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic