Forums

Topic: 480p resolution

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

cloudest

Anybody else would love for nintendo to remake a second version of the 3ds in 480p? Same system with an updated cpu/gpu/motherboard like what microsoft is doing with their current two xbox ones. Heck I'd drop $500 for a remade 3ds with 1080p or 720p. Yes I know the games would go up in price too, but it'd be so worth it.

cloudest

19Robb92

The Switch should satisfy that demand. It's pretty much exactly what you described, less the dual screens.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Octane

@cloudest It's called the Nintendo Switch. 720p screen and it can even do 1080p on TV.

Octane

Cantisque

The Switch is too large for me. I prefer the clamshell DS form factor. So yes, I would love to see something along the lines of a new DS model that drops the 3D and adds (at minimum) a 480p top screen and some updated internals.

Cantisque

gcunit

I think an inbetween (Switch and 3DS) device would struggle to get enough software made for it. Unless there was a way to get it to run existing 3DS/DS software at higher res, who's going to buy it and who's going to make games for it?

Only real possibility I can foresee is that Nintendo makes a DS/3DS emulator to run on Switch, and then maybe release a clamshell device that has Switch guts and OS but no detachable joy con.

Clamshell is good, I agree.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Sisilly_G

I can see the clamshell design and dual screen gaming returning in the Switch's successor, but that won't be for a good while yet, I'm afraid.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Dezzy

480p version would be a pretty good idea imo.

720 or 1080 would be too much. You'd need a far bigger screen for it to have any benefit and you'd need a lot of game textures to be redone in higher resolution or it'd look terrible.

480p though could use the exact same games (so your idea of higher game prices wouldn't be necessary) and all you'd need is a better GPU. Output resolution is nearly entirely dependent on the GPU. The CPU is largely irrelevant for that. So maybe a very marginally bigger screen and a new GPU on a console that reads all pre-existing 3DS games. Can't see any flaws in that. I doubt they'll do it though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.