Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,677

xlivelydemonx

bub166 wrote:

Between Dead or Alive Dimensions and Star Fox 64 3D, which game has more content and/or better gameplay?

I never got to play DOA, but Star Fox 64 3D was incredible, i can tell you that.

3DS FC: 2406-5601-5865
3DS Name: Zack
Wii FC: 1185-8371-6215-5899
i will friend everyone back.

bub166

xlivelydemonx wrote:

bub166 wrote:

Between Dead or Alive Dimensions and Star Fox 64 3D, which game has more content and/or better gameplay?

I never got to play DOA, but Star Fox 64 3D was incredible, i can tell you that.

Which was what I thought, but I don't currently have anything on the 3DS that isn't made directly by Nintendo, plus Dead or Alive has a set of DLC that's delivered via SpotPass that is scheduled to end in March. But I honestly kind of want Star Fox more. :I

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

TheGreenSpiny

@bub166: I'd say Dead or Alive has more content. Between the single player modes, online, and throwdown challanges, it's pretty fun little game to go back too. Star Fox is pretty sweet also. I guess it depends on which type of game you like more.

TheGreenSpiny

bub166

TheDarkness wrote:

@bub166: I'd say Dead or Alive has more content. Between the single player modes, online, and throwdown challanges, it's pretty fun little game to go back too. Star Fox is pretty sweet also. I guess it depends on which type of game you like more.

I generally would prefer Star Fox, though I already have it on VC on the Wii, but I can only play it with a bad third party GameCube controller and I never get far because of that. I have Ocarina too, and was doubtful on getting it at first, but it was so much easier with at least decent controls that I passed the point I'm at on the Wii version long ago, and I only have about half as much time logged as I do on the Wii version.

Still, though, I already technically have a copy of the game, so I didn't think it should be prioritized. Plus, while I normally don't like fighters outside of Super Smash Bros and maybe Mortal Kombat, I've heard Dead or Alive is pretty easy to learn, though harder to master, due to it's "deceptively simple" control scheme. I'm going to spend some Christmas money tomorrow, and I'm thinking I'm going to get Fortune Street, Pokemon Black, and one of these two games. Unless of course it turns out Pokemon Black isn't any good, but I've heard great things about it, and I've liked every other generation, so I can't imagine not liking this one.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

iamthezenmaster

mario kart
nuff said

Smash Bros. 3DS,
Diablo 3 season 1,
Dragon Quest 9 DS,

Wii Friend Code: 4227 2156 8355

KarrotMan

SquiggleTail wrote:

Is Bit.Trip.Saga 3D any good? I'm not sure if I should get it. It's only 20 bucks right now at Amazon.

Like playing these 6 great games in portable form? Then get it, you will get it for a good bargain with that price. The S3D though is not really all that useful, as a matter in fact, I'd rather leave it off with the touch screen games and runner(which dips the framerate at a noticeable rate). The extras found in the Wii game are left out here, so make your pick. It is still a good enough port of 6 games and with all that said, get it, $20 is a sure steal.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Terave

Tetris or Sonic Generations?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

NintenHero

Terave wrote:

It depends, if you're a Sonic fan (like me) I highly recommend Sonic.

Draw!

3DS Friend Code: 2122-6444-4324

KarrotMan

@Terave For the 3DS? Tetris, Even if I did not play the game, get tetris. Among the two, it will last you longer. Sonic Gen 3DS starts out good, but later on the quality of the game falls flat. The console version is great though so get that instead if you're looking for a good sonic game.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Terave

NintenHero wrote:

Terave wrote:

It depends, if you're a Sonic fan (like me) I highly recommend Sonic.

I'm not a particular Sonic fan, so, there you've my problem.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Birdman

SquiggleTail wrote:

Is Bit.Trip.Saga 3D any good? I'm not sure if I should get it. It's only 20 bucks right now at Amazon.

I'd get it if I didn't already have it. For $20, you're getting 6 high-quality (and high difficulty) games rolled together in one package. However, I'd look around to see if you could get Bit.Trip Complete (the Wii version) for a similar price; the difficulty on those games is really intense.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

fpssoviet

ShadowChaos wrote:

which game should i buy

Shinobi or Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy they come out next tuesday

ace combat the 3ds one is among the best in the series

This is my new account my old one is salty1264. I joined in juin 2010 on my other account so im not a new member. Steam: se' salty1264

Gamesake

MGS3 is the best one, MGS2 is the worst. You should get it.

...in my pants.

Chrono_Cross

If you want to know the storyline you should play the original Solid. Otherwise if you don't really care, then yes get MGS3D.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Gamesake

You don't need to play the original to appreciate MGS3. In fact MGS3 comes first in the MG timeline.

...in my pants.

Chrono_Cross

Never said he wouldn't appreciate it. Just said he should play the original if he wants the best understanding of the story.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LordTendoboy

The Mario vs DK games are very good.
As is Pokemon Black & White. (though I haven't played it in weeks, got too busy with Mario 3D Land, Pushmo, and Mario Kart 7)

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic