Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,677

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

Blugh, SSFIV was a bummer of an experience. Those lifeless ugly backgrounds with the cardboard cut out 'still' animals and people were just depressing. Plus enabeling '3D' shot the game down to 30 frames per second. Which i find hilarious, considering Monkey Ball 3D imo is visually more pleasing than SSFIV and that's running at 60!...

And personally, I'm just not into online gaming....I find it to be lifeless, and far less enjoyable than actually playing against somebody like back in the good old NES/SNES days at your friends place or getting together at the arcade.

SSFIV is hands down the worst 3DS game I've played of the....er...4? Nintendog's was quite the snooz as well. Both games for the most part offered unimpressive 3D effects as wellzy'. Anyways, is Bit Trip 3D worth getting? I'm kind of leaning towards the Wii version, but part of me wants to just get both....then again, part of me doesn't even know if i wan't to get either. eek!

Meh. SSTV was a Launch title so I give it Leway. DOA didnt get 60fps and the only one so far is Tekken 3d prime and thats like the fourth fighting game on the system .

I give SFFIV some Credit as its running a version of the MT framework 2.0. something the wii Couldn't even do. (its running a striped down version of MT Framework 1.0 lol)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Blugh, SSFIV was a bummer of an experience. Those lifeless ugly backgrounds with the cardboard cut out 'still' animals and people were just depressing. Plus enabeling '3D' shot the game down to 30 frames per second. Which i find hilarious, considering Monkey Ball 3D imo is visually more pleasing than SSFIV and that's running at 60!...

And personally, I'm just not into online gaming....I find it to be lifeless, and far less enjoyable than actually playing against somebody like back in the good old NES/SNES days at your friends place or getting together at the arcade.

SSFIV is hands down the worst 3DS game I've played of the....er...4? Nintendog's was quite the snooz as well. Both games for the most part offered unimpressive 3D effects as wellzy'. Anyways, is Bit Trip 3D worth getting? I'm kind of leaning towards the Wii version, but part of me wants to just get both....then again, part of me doesn't even know if i wan't to get either. eek!

Meh. SSTV was a Launch title so I give it Leway. DOA didnt get 60fps and the only one so far is Tekken 3d prime and thats like the fourth fighting game on the system .

I give SFFIV some Credit as its running a version of the MT framework 2.0. something the wii Couldn't even do. (its running a striped down version of MT Framework 1.0 lol)

Really? The Wii couldn't pull off what SSFIV did on the 3DS? If anything the Wii would of wiped the floor with the Backgrounds, we would of seen some actual animations, more detail and stuff that's for sure. Yet the 3DS seems to be the shimmy' king when it comes to it's PS3/360-like Shader effects.....But ugh, those horrible backgrounds make me a sad panda.

Yep The 3DS game is a direct port of the 360/PS3 game with only a few minor changes (backgrounds for 3d reasons). Another reason why the wii couldn't get the game. To port SFIV to the wii it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Thats the reason why the wii didn't get MVC or why the PS3/360 didnt get TVC.

Also fun Fact when Capcom was choosing where to put the mobile edition of Street Fighter 4 it was between the 3DS and PSP. They Choose the 3DS when the Resident Evil Team ported a fully Playable version of Resident Evil 5 to the 3DS.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

KarrotMan

Thanks guys for your thoughts, I'm leaning towards Pilotwings at the moment, so I'll be getting that before 3D Land and Uncharted 3 come out.

@Waveboy - the only thing that Bit Trip Saga has against the wii version is portability factor. The 3D is really tame IMO to the point where I can't really distinguish the 3D. Maybe thats for the better since it would really get distracting when the game gets hectic. There are also the cases of slowdowns, especially in runner, that really makes it better to leave the 3D effect off. The only people I see getting this game over the Wii are portable gamers which, judging by your past posts, you are not. But that said, I love the game and will recommend it to anyone with a 3DS who wants to play on the fly.

Oh and regarding SSFIV 3D, Just bought the game and after logging 6 hours into it, I really enjoy it. Not as good as Dead or Alive though, but still addicting. I really don't mind the static backgrounds, thats understandable since it was a launch title. Can't see people finding it worse than Nintendogs though, a WASTE of money for me there. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

HeraldMastema

I'm just about to get a 3DS next week, and I'm having trouble deciding which games to get. I'm probably getting three. So far I'm trying to decide between Dead or Alive and BlazBlue for a fighting game. It's my favorite genre. As for the other two, I have no idea what to pick. Any suggestions?

Gloria! Gloria!

shingi_70

HeraldMastema wrote:

I'm just about to get a 3DS next week, and I'm having trouble deciding which games to get. I'm probably getting three. So far I'm trying to decide between Dead or Alive and BlazBlue for a fighting game. It's my favorite genre. As for the other two, I have no idea what to pick. Any suggestions?

I'm getting Dead or Alive. From what I have heard and seen Blazblue is a lazy port with some slowdown here and there. Also no online.

WAT!

HeraldMastema

shingi_70 wrote:

HeraldMastema wrote:

I'm getting Dead or Alive. From what I have heard and seen Blazblue is a lazy port with some slowdown here and there. Also no online.

I never play online anyway, so that's not really a problem for me. Slowdown is annoying, though. How bad does it get?

Gloria! Gloria!

lockelocke

Definitely Dead or Alive. It's built for the 3DS, has tons of modes, unlockables, and best of all it has an online component. Like @shingi_70 said, BlazBlu is a sloppy port with no online features.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

shingi_70

shingi_70 wrote:

HeraldMastema wrote:

Not sure how Bad it is but any slowdown is Bad for a Fighter Like BlazBlue with the erratic models and basis on combat links.

WAT!

HeraldMastema

Any reccomendations for what the other two games should be? I was thinking of trying Ridge Racer.

Gloria! Gloria!

Matty2310

Should I get Super Monkey Ball 3D? I saw it pretty cheap at this shop and I would like to know if it'd be a worth or waste of money.This site gave it an 8/10 but others give it usually a 4 or 5 out of 10. It was criticized for being to short and having only one good mode. I've never even played previous games in the series. So could someone please help me decide? Thanks.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

6ch6ris6

HeraldMastema wrote:

Any reccomendations for what the other two games should be? I was thinking of trying Ridge Racer.

yeah awesome game. my favorite 3ds game so far

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

iBeatz

I'm getting one piece ultimate cruise, pokemon rumble blast, mario kart 7, mario land 3d, bit.trip saga, centipede infestation, zelda and face racers

iBeatz

Pokefanmum82

i was just wondering what was the better puzzle game between tetris:axis and mahjong cu3ed? my dad is coming down this weekend to take me shopping for birthday presents. I'm getting Super Street Fighter IV and i just wanted another game that was a puzzle one.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

ShadowChaos

u should get Tetris: axis its fun

Edited on by ShadowChaos

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

ShadowChaos

which game should i buy

Shinobi or Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy they come out next tuesday

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Mr-X9000

im going to get a couple 3DS games soon
i was thinking of zelda ocarina of time 3D and lego star wars 3, any thing else u think i should get?
P.S. i already have mario 3D land and mario kart 7 and im not into games that are overly violent like resident evil(even though i sound like an dumbass for saying that)

3DS friend code: 1805-2417-4668
nintendo network ID: Mr.X9000
playstation network ID: dooghound

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2417-4668 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.X9000 | Twitter:

KarrotMan

I'd say Starfox 64 if you're into arcade style 3D shooters. The 3D models look great and the fights are intense. The only downside is if you're expecting a 10 hour campaign, you can finish this game within a day. But hey, this game is still worth $30 and I highly recommend it if you have friends with 3DS's near by(single cart multiplayer).

Also, if you see them, consider purchasing Devil Survivor Overclocked (A Great and lengthy SRPG), Dead or Alive Dimensions (Currently the best fighter on the system with loads of content) and if you find it cheap, Cave Story (Best metroidvania imo)

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

xlivelydemonx

I honestly thought Pokemon Rumble Blast was gonna be a surefire fail because the original was very simple and boring to me, but they flared it up with an actual storyline. I thought it was awesome.

(but they shouldnt have made cobalion the bad guy lol)

3DS FC: 2406-5601-5865
3DS Name: Zack
Wii FC: 1185-8371-6215-5899
i will friend everyone back.

bub166

Between Dead or Alive Dimensions and Star Fox 64 3D, which game has more content and/or better gameplay?

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic