Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,677

Spoony_Tech

frozenraccoon wrote:

I'm debating between smash and majoras mask. I grabbed my 3ds this morning, and I'm stuck between these two games. If you had to choose one, which one? Leaning towards smash, but I feel the single player could get boring.

If you're just going for single player then get MM. However I have a friend that didn't want to get smash because his online sucked and ended up getting it as a gift. He said it was his favorite game last year so there's plenty to do even single player.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

frozenraccoon wrote:

I'm debating between smash and majoras mask. I grabbed my 3ds this morning, and I'm stuck between these two games. If you had to choose one, which one? Leaning towards smash, but I feel the single player could get boring.

Smash's single player has alot to unlock, I'm around 80+ hours in yet I've still not completes all the challenges and it also has alot of differnt modes to play with so I wouldn't worry about the single player get boring.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Storytime7

frozenraccoon wrote:

Single player in Smash is subpar at best. Many of the different game modes require minimal strategy because you can beat a lot of challenges just by spamming powerful attacks. A lot of items you can unlock (trophies and custom equipment, for example) are mostly awarded randomly, so it can start to feel like a grind once you start getting a lot of items you already have. The game has "challenge" panels that unlock specific items, but some of the challenges feel more like filler content to pad out the game's length than actual challenges. For example, some challenges require you to beat different game modes with every character. Because you can beat many of these modes even by spamming moves, it's more time consuming than challenging.

If you're not getting Smash for multiplayer, then go with Majora's Mask 3D.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Revanmann

The Binding of Isaac is top down and it's a "run" kind of game. You choose a character and go with it and get randomized items and power ups and go for bosses.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Revanmann

Holy Crap! Steamworld Dig is amazing!

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

myturbo6

Having a great time with Steamworld Dig as well. Very addicting

myturbo6

Faruko

im finishing up my backlog and i have to add that Dream Team is a great game... got it on release, but never got around to play it

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Faruko

Im not sure which game to get first

MH4U or MM

(Can you play online MH4U with anyone or just friends?)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Spoony_Tech

Faruko wrote:

Im not sure which game to get first

MH4U or MM

(Can you play online MH4U with anyone or just friends?)

Anyone, it's always been that way on Nintendo systems with the series.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BearHunger

@WaveBoy I played Fantasy Zone on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and didn't enjoy it much. It was “okay I guess,” but not something I'd go out of my way for. I prefer Stargate.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

_Octoling_

Majora's Mask 3D or Monster Hunter 4U? I liked Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, but I also liked Monster Hunter 3U. Is one better than the other?

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

Spoony_Tech

Ness_Villager wrote:

Majora's Mask 3D or Monster Hunter 4U? I liked Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, but I also liked Monster Hunter 3U. Is one better than the other?

I wouldn't say ones better then the other as this is a Zelda you need to experience but MH4u has also been streamlined a bit to make grinding a little more easy. You already know what you're getting with MH4U so tough choice.

MERG said:

Sinister

Since HM ToTT is on sale in the EU soon i would like to know if it would be a good starting point to get into the HM franchise.
It sounds to be a more simpler version of HM with less features. That sounds good to me tho since it would be the firts game in the series for me. And from what i read the freeze bug does not appeat in the download version of the game.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

Spoony_Tech

scubydo wrote:

Can't decide between fantasy life or a newer harvest moon?

I got 195 hours out of Fantasy Life and could've easily got another 100.

MERG said:

AndyD

Spoony_Tech wrote:

scubydo wrote:

Can't decide between fantasy life or a newer harvest moon?

I got 195 hours out of Fantasy Life and could've easily got another 100.

Wow! Guess that decides it for me. Play value is a good reason!!

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AndyD

One last question I used to enjoy animal crossing but never played it on the 3ds. So between animal crossing and fantasy life which would you recommend?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Spoony_Tech

scubydo wrote:

One last question I used to enjoy animal crossing but never played it on the 3ds. So between animal crossing and fantasy life which would you recommend?

2 different beasts here. ACNL is definitely more complete then any other AC to date and I put in over 200 hours on that as well. However at the end of all that I had to ask myself what did I really accomplish. It was good for what it did but all you do is collect stuff. Cool stuff though but still. Both have different styles of play as well because FL is more rpg then SIM. Its actually very little SIM on comparison.

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

Fantasy Life is basically an MMO-Lite, sorta like Phantasy Star except even more Lite...I have no idea why people keep comparing it to Nintendo's version of The Sims...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic