Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 2,677

Tobiaku

@Barbiegurl777 for 3DS (I'm getting a japanese new 3ds) the game looks very good in terms of graphics,so if the game is good overall. I will get it next year

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Pokefanmum82

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Tobias95,

What's FabStyle? Is for DS or 3DS? I'm wondering which version I should get Petz Beach - 3DS or Petz Countryside - 3DS? I'm going to get a e-shop card in a week or 2 want to pick up Pokemon Art Academy - 3DS along with! Drawing is in my blood done that too since very little lol!

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Petz Beach has Dolphins and penguins whereas Countryside has lions and pandas. Each game has over 50 different animals. My daughter has the beach one and loves it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

GAMEandASH

Wow just wow, I as a dutch citizen have found resident evil revelations in a store (bart smit) for 10 euro's. I was in the mood to spend more then my monthly ammount of cash on games. So I got it and it is amazing. I don't think there are any other games with the same production value out there for the 3ds (in the same style) perhaps maybe metal gear but that's a different story i think. So is there anything comparable in terms of story and gameplay on the platform ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3BcrQyt22c&feature=youtu.be
Check out my first video about the New Nintendo 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1080-4519

Spoony_Tech

GAMEandASH wrote:

Wow just wow, I as a dutch citizen have found resident evil revelations in a store (bart smit) for 10 euro's. I was in the mood to spend more then my monthly ammount of cash on games. So I got it and it is amazing. I don't think there are any other games with the same production value out there for the 3ds (in the same style) perhaps maybe metal gear but that's a different story i think. So is there anything comparable in terms of story and gameplay on the platform ?

It and Metal Gear are about it for anything near this style of game. Shame too as there could've been quite a few quality titles just like those.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tobiaku

Should I buy Violetta or wait for the ultimate NES remix?
I'm very tempted about Violetta because of some rather neat Miiverse posts about the game, and I own both NES remix games on the Wii U.
On the other hand, the exclusive Speed Mario thing also looks cool

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

jump

Tobias95 wrote:

I'm very tempted about Violetta because of some rather neat Miiverse posts about the game, and I own both NES remix games on the Wii U.

TBH there's stuff removed from the "Ultiamte" version of Nes Remix so if you've already got it I don't think it's worth double dipping myself.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GAMEandASH

Tobias95 wrote:

I saw Violetta in the stores, and I am no fan in any way and find it nothing too appealing, I'd get another rhythm game that I like mayeb even for the DS, unless you like the source material. Nes remix looks like a great game and I want it on the go, not that i play a lot outside

miiandmario

Hows Sonic generations? I can get for around 17 bucks and wanna know if its worth the money.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

GAMEandASH

WaveWarlock wrote:

Forget the haters! Altered Beast 3D is simply put Awesome!
That is, if you select 'random' in the main menu for your beast transformation, otherwise the game is a bit of a cake walk since you'll always have the right beast fitted for that particular stage or boss. I'm currently stuck on the boss at Stage 4.

One of the main complaints, is that it's too short.....but if it's this hard, when you only have around 8 lives why would you want it to be any longer? The music is top notch, the visuals are charming, the beast transformations are fun(ect ect) you just have to go into it with 'first wave' mega drive expectations and you will be set like Vanilla Ice crusing the turtle wagon.

Your gentle yet firm words have persuaded me to get this awesomely crafted retro futuristic piece of art.

Clirvin

Bravely Default or Fire Emblem?

LOVE the art/style of BD...but torn. Not looking for a huge grind.

Clirvin

Storytime7

Clirvin wrote:

Go with Fire Emblem. Good game, and you don't even have to be a fan of the series to enjoy it.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Spoony_Tech

Clirvin wrote:

Did you try either demo? But are good in there own rights but it just comes down to what play style you rather play. Plus both are huge grinds. Don't expect to beat either in less then 50 hours for the average person.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Clirvin wrote:

Then go with Fire Emblem. While Grinding isn't overly necessary in Bravely Default, you'll probably wind up doing it a few times. In Fire Emblem, though, it's arguably more fun if you don't do much grinding.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StitchScout

So just wondering I pre-order Monster hunter 4(USA) and it will be my first game in the series I play. Do you think this one will be a good one to start with or should I play another game in the series beforehand?

StitchScout

Spoony_Tech

StitchScout wrote:

So just wondering I pre-order Monster hunter 4(USA) and it will be my first game in the series I play. Do you think this one will be a good one to start with or should I play another game in the series beforehand?

It wouldn't hurt to get MH3U. It should be pretty cheap and you will need to learn a lot before you dive into 4U.

MERG said:

StitchScout

Spoony_Tech wrote:

StitchScout wrote:

It wouldn't hurt to get MH3U. It should be pretty cheap and you will need to learn a lot before you dive into 4U.

just to note I couldn't care less about the story.(if there is one?) As for getting MH3U cheap......... yea $30 is the best I can find for it but I'm keeping an eye out on 3ds deals for black friday. I mean there will be a guild in MH4U right? or are the devs the "if you haven't played are past games the to bad for you" type?

StitchScout

Spoony_Tech

StitchScout wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

StitchScout wrote:

just to note I couldn't care less about the story.(if there is one?) As for getting MH3U cheap......... yea $30 is the best I can find for it but I'm keeping an eye out on 3ds deals for black friday. I mean there will be a guild in MH4U right? or are the devs the "if you haven't played are past games the to bad for you" type?

Keep an eye out for a good eshop sale. Should go to 20$ or less. There is a ton of things to learn in monster Hunter. I've put over 1000 hours into all 3 versions on Nintendo systems and I can say I still don't know everything.

As for story it's bare minimum. It's only there to hold a few options and areas back till you progress if nothing else. As for a guide, I'm sure there will be one but even that won't tell you everything you'll need to know.

MERG said:

MisterMan

Hey all, I just broke down and bought a 3ds... I know the new ones are coming out soon but I couldn't wait any longer. I've recently got back into video games and really love playing my Wii U. I played a lot of SNES and N64 games back in the day and I'm looking for a few recommendations. Right now all I have is Smash Bros. Some of my favorite Wii U games so far have been Mario Kart (but I'm not getting 7, I play too much 8 as it is), Bayonetta, Rayman, and Donkey Kong. I'm thinking of getting Starfox3d but it's pretty pricey online.

MisterMan

Storytime7

Darkdaysahead wrote:

Hey all, I just broke down and bought a 3ds... I know the new ones are coming out soon but I couldn't wait any longer. I've recently got back into video games and really love playing my Wii U. I played a lot of SNES and N64 games back in the day and I'm looking for a few recommendations. Right now all I have is Smash Bros. Some of my favorite Wii U games so far have been Mario Kart (but I'm not getting 7, I play too much 8 as it is), Bayonetta, Rayman, and Donkey Kong. I'm thinking of getting Starfox3d but it's pretty pricey online.

If you liked Ocarina of Time or Starfox 64 on the N64, they both were remade for the 3DS a few years back. Not much in the way of new content, but the 3DS remakes are the definitive versions of those games. Some other games I can recommend include:

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - This is one of the top-down Zelda games, and it's an easy recommendation. It's pretty non-linear (you can complete many of the dungeons in whatever order you choose), it runs as a smooth 60 fps, and it's just a very fun game to play.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - This is a port of Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii. If you liked Tropical Freeze on the Wii U and would prefer to not play the Wii version of DKCR because it has motion controls, you might want to get this instead.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Levels in this game are generally broken up into two different sections: air battles and land battles. Air battles play similarly to Star Fox, whereas land battles play more like a third-person shooter (and not the ones where you take cover behind objects). It's one of the more unique games on the system and has a lot of replayability, but it's not that easy to recommend. The reason being that some people didn't like the controls, so you might want to look into it a bit before purchasing. If you don't think the controls will be an issue, then by all means consider playing it.

Fire Emblem: Awakening - This is a solid strategy rpg, and a good entry point if you've never played anything from the Fire Emblem series.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic