Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 2,677

gundamz

Link between Worlds or Ocarina of Time.

I'm a casual player, but I have finished: Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and part of Legend of Zelda (NES).

gundamz

Storytime7

gundamz wrote:

Link between Worlds or Ocarina of Time.

I'm a casual player, but I have finished: Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and part of Legend of Zelda (NES).

Have you ever played Ocarina of Time before? It's considered a classic by many and, even though not everyone likes it, is still a game everyone should at least try. The 3DS version is the best way to play it nowadays. However...all the Zelda games you mentioned are 2D, so if you liked those then you might like ALBW more. ALBW is probably the safer choice, but OoT is pretty much a must play. I think they're both great choices, so you can't really go wrong with either.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

kkslider5552000

actually I would probably play OOT before you play another 3D Zelda, because OOT is best when you have no prior experience of 3D Zeldas imo

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Storytime7

kkslider5552000 wrote:

actually I would probably play OOT before you play another 3D Zelda, because OOT is best when you have no prior experience of 3D Zeldas imo

That, and it's also the easiest 3D Zelda to get into.

Storytime7

DARKONE365

Which side scroller should i buy?, yoshi's new island, kirby triple deluxe, or nsmb2?
I'm kinda leaning towards nsmb2, i feel kinda bad having a 3ds since launch and not having this, plus it sells pretty cheap for a first party nintendo game on amazon nowadays.

But iv'e heard around the web that its not very good, or at least not as good as nsmb1, is that true?

Edited on by DARKONE365

DARKONE365

kkslider5552000

Triple Deluxe is the only one of those 3 games that deserves to exist. So there's that.

GrumpyGoomba

Luigi's mansion, Pokemon x or y, nsmb 2. Which one should I get they all look good and I will probably get all over time but which first?

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

kkslider5552000

Luigi's Mansion easily. Especially since there's still a chance we'll get Pokemon Z someday.

GrumpyGoomba

Alright thanks I have been debating on that. All had good reviews too which made it hard to choose. I have never played the original Luigi's mansion is there anything I will need to know

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

Storytime7

Reverandjames wrote:

@Storytime7 What control scheme did you opt for being left handed? I have never been able to get into the game because I can't find a control scheme that works for me. Also, did you use the stand that came with it?

I got used to the default control scheme because the others didn't seem that helpful. I didn't use the stand on my first playthrough, but I use it whenever I go back to the game and try to beat chapters on higher intensity settings (I don't mind setting it on the stand to play because the game isn't really something that works too well as a handheld game to begin with). I have a regular 3DS, so I don't know if playing on a 3DS XL is worse for this game.

Storytime7

Spoony_Tech

Scanning wrote:

I'm kinda torn between what I want...Tales of the Abyss, Shin Megami Tensei IV, or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I've played Super Mario RPG, the Paper Mario series, Mario & Luigi, as well as the Fire Emblem series. I've also recently played Persona 4 and I really, really enjoyed it, and am deep into Xenoblade Chronicles as well.

I'm looking for a deeper experience...an engaging story, good character development, and the like. I'm just interested in a game with a solid, mature narrative that makes me think coupled with fun gameplay. I want to expand my horizons, beyond the Mario RPGs, beyond Fire Emblem...something along the lines of Persona 4 or deeper. Something worth my time, like Persona 4 - relatable characters, substantial story with applicable themes, and solid gameplay. I'm not a hardcore RPG fan, but I truly would like to get into the genre a bit more. Any recommendations? I'm looking to purchase one of the three titles I mentioned above.

I have all three of those and while I've barely plat Tales I can say the other 2 have deep stories and fun gameplay. If I had to choose only one though it would be Overclocked. I love the story and character development. Good to great voice acting with an annoyance or 2 but overall in my top 5 games on the 3ds. I'm almost through it for the first time after playing it over 90 hours on my first play through where I also almost Beat it. I decided to start it all over again after not playing it for over 3 years because I enjoyed the story so much.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Andyv01

Apologies, it's in the wrong thread but seems to be an active one...

I'm after a comprehensive Local and online 3DS multiplayer game list including single cart download play. Cant seen to find a decent list on the internet and thought it may be a good idea to have one stickied on NL forums.

Does anyone know of such a list already existing here? If not i'll set one up.

Cheers

Edited on by Andyv01

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

HyruleZombie

Seeing as I can't figure out how to start a topic here goes. For Mario/Zelda fans is the 3Ds worth the buy? As far as good Mario and Zelda games go? And what about the minus Pokemon RPG library? I'm interested in Persona games.

HyruleZombie

Twitter:

Storytime7

HyruleZombie wrote:

Seeing as I can't figure out how to start a topic here goes. For Mario/Zelda fans is the 3Ds worth the buy? As far as good Mario and Zelda games go? And what about the minus Pokemon RPG library? I'm interested in Persona games.

The 3DS has two Zelda games:

Ocarina of Time 3D - Pretty self-explanatory. This is a remake of Ocarina of Time on the N64. It doesn't feature much in the way of new content, but it's easily the best way to play the game.

A Link Between Worlds - This game takes place in the same world as A Link to the Past, but it's not a remake. It features a new gameplay mechanic that allows Link to merge into walls (which adds a lot to the game). There's also a shop where you can rent (and later, buy) items, and it's because of this that you can go to many dungeons in this game in whichever order you choose.

You can also buy some of the NES/GBC Zelda games on the 3DS eShop, and the 3DS is also backwards compatible with most DS games (meaning you can play Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, if you missed out on them).

Mario has a lot of 3DS games, so I'll only mention a few of them:

Super Mario 3D Land - This game was basically an attempt at mixing the level-to-level structure of 2D Mario platformers with the gameplay of a 3D Mario platformer. The levels aren't very long, so it's easy to pick up and play.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - This one's a bit of a mixed bag. It brings back the turn-based gameplay of previous Paper Mario RPGs (and changes up battles by having you collect stickers which you need to use to attack enemies), but you don't gain experience from battles and the game is pretty light on story. Visuals, music, and controls are good, but I would recommend looking a bit more into it before deciding if you think it's worth it.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Haven't played it, but it doesn't seem too different from NSMB on the DS besides new levels, some different power-ups, and an emphasis on collecting coins. Probably still fun, but you might not want it if you don't like "safe" sequels.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - I don't have much to say about this one (still haven't played it), so I'll just link you to the review on this site:

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/mario_and_luigi_dream...

As for non-Pokemon RPGs (besides the ones previously mentioned), you might be interested in some of these games:

Bravely Default
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Persona Q (only out in Japan at the moment)
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Tales of the Abyss 3D

Storytime7

CeceKubota

Hi guys! Does anyone have any new reccomendations for me? I love the Mario and Luigi Dream Team game and I recently bought my XL Luigi edition DS. I don't know if any of this helps! thanks so much!

CeceKubota

CrispyGoomba

What's a good game that will last me until Smash Bros. releases (2 weeks)? I've pondered Mario Golf and Tomodachi Life, but I'm still not sure. I wouldn't want to try to fit in a JRPG or I would have thought about Bravely Default. I'm really up for anything. Also, I just finished Kirby Triple Deluxe and thought that would have been a great fit for a two week time period.

CrispyGoomba

khadafi2999

CeceKubota wrote:

Hi guys! Does anyone have any new reccomendations for me? I love the Mario and Luigi Dream Team game and I recently bought my XL Luigi edition DS. I don't know if any of this helps! thanks so much!

here is my recommendation for you sweetie,
Super mario 3dland, luigi mansion dark moon, zelda link between worlds, kirby triple deluxe. I own these games and very good.
I recomend playasia.com because of free shipping all over the world. please use my affiliate link.
http://www.play-asia.com/super-mario-3d-land-paOS-13-49-en-70...
http://www.play-asia.com/luigis-mansion-dark-moon-paOS-13-49-...
http://www.play-asia.com/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-w...
http://www.play-asia.com/kirby-triple-deluxe-paOS-13-49-en-70...

thanks.

Edited on by khadafi2999

Nintendo fan.
Owned: NES, Megadrive, SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, DS, 3DS, and PC. Planned to buy: redesigned Wii U, New 3DS and maybe redesigned XBONE/PS4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic