Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,677

Red_XIII

Have you tried Tales of the Abyss??? It sounds like you'd like it.

Red_XIII

n1cholas2125

Im kind of stuck I can't decide if I should get mario kart 7 or animal crossing new leaf. I enjoy the mario kart series, but my friends are telling me that animal crossing new leaf is amazing with lots of content on offer.Can you please share your views on this it would be helpful.

n1cholas2125

Red_XIII

Get new leaf, it has more content. Mario kart is fun, but AC is an obsession, and a good one at that. It will addict you though...

Red_XIII

Pokefanmum82

Both are good games. Animal Crossing New Leaf is the kind of game you play everyday and has tons of stuff to do and unlock. Mario Kart 7 is a good racing game. My son and I have logged a lot of time into both games. It just depends on whether you want to play a life sim (Animal Crossing NL) or a racing game.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

photofool83

I am looking for a new platformer for my 3DS. I'd like to be able to download it. I have New Super Mario Bros. 2, DKCR:3D, VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, Might Switch Force, Gunman Clive, Super Little Acorns, Bike Rider DX, and various other ones that I can't think of at the moment.
To be a little more specific, I am NOT a big fan of Mega Man-type platformers or any that focus more on the killing the enemies. I enjoy ones that are more Mario-like or Sonic-like. Oh, and I thought Power of Illusion could have been great and ended up not so due to the painting element.
Right now I am look at Rabbids Travel in Time because it seems like the only one left that I haven't tried. (Oh, I've played most of the games on the Virtual Console already due to owning them on the original system or downloading them onto my Wii.)
Okay, now that I have given probably too much information, can anyone please make some recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Some of my favorite games:
Ghost Trick, StarFox 64, WarioLand: Shake It, Kid Icarus, The Legendary Starfy, Endless Ocean: Blue World, Zelda: Minish Cap, Pokemon Snap, Diamond Trust of London, Gyromite, Katamari Damacy, EarthBound, Mario Kart 7, and Sonic Generations(PS3).

photofool83

@8BitSamurai
I have it for PS3, but thanks anyways.

Some of my favorite games:
Ghost Trick, StarFox 64, WarioLand: Shake It, Kid Icarus, The Legendary Starfy, Endless Ocean: Blue World, Zelda: Minish Cap, Pokemon Snap, Diamond Trust of London, Gyromite, Katamari Damacy, EarthBound, Mario Kart 7, and Sonic Generations(PS3).

Spoony_Tech

@photofool83 Have you played 3dland? Also Steam World Dig is a little different but it is a platformer!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@photofool83

Definitely get Super Mario 3D Land. It's one of the best games on the system.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tobiaku

Is Inzuma elen to 3DS worth it if I normaly disslike football?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

PrincessSugoi

I haven't played it but the impression I've gotten from the series is it's a school anime based RPG with a soccer/football motif. The football part is the "battle system" so to speak. So if you're into those type of things then it might be worth at least renting. I'm interested in it as well even though I'm also not a fan of the sport but unfortunately, there hasn't been a NA version yet.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

FordGuy

Five words: Need For Speed The Run.

Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racin', boys!

3DS Friend Code: 3668-8072-3969 | Twitter:

Tobiaku

PrincessSugoi wrote:

I haven't played it but the impression I've gotten from the series is it's a school anime based RPG with a soccer/football motif. The football part is the "battle system" so to speak. So if you're into those type of things then it might be worth at least renting. I'm interested in it as well even though I'm also not a fan of the sport but unfortunately, there hasn't been a NA version yet.

Downloaded it from eshop, its feels like I am playing a classic cartoon show, its actualy fun, aside from those scenes of doom showing up after a super attack

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Gold

Is it worth it to get Steel Diver for 10$? I've been seeing it a lot at GameStop used.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

Spoony_Tech

Gold wrote:

Is it worth it to get Steel Diver for 10$? I've been seeing it a lot at GameStop used.

Personally I would say 5$ it wasn't really all that fun for me.probably the weakest Nintendo game in a very long time. Parrascope mode is fun for a little while though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HandheldGuru97

Hmmmm Tales of the Abyss is $20 on Amazon right now (and it just so happens I have $20), but with Pokemon X coming out the weekend not sure if it is worth it...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

CanisWolfred

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

Hmmmm Tales of the Abyss is $20 on Amazon right now (and it just so happens I have $20), but with Pokemon X coming out the weekend not sure if it is worth it...

If you don't play it, you'll be able to sell it for $40 in a few years. If you do play it, you'll be in for a good time. I'd say it's worth it either way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Pokefanmum82

Tales of Abyss is an amazing game and well worth it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

therick112

I am in love with Zero Escape: Virture's Last Reward. I played the original on DS, and that game consumed me, and this one is doing the same. I sit at my desk all day obsessing to get to the instant where I can get home and turn the game on. Highly recommended series for anyone looking for something addicting, fun, and different.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-8228

rockodoodle

I just got Centipede Infestation. It's a pretty cool game. Only $11 on Amazon. Good stuff.

rockodoodle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic