Forums

Topic: 3D Classics: Urban Champion Impressions

Posts 101 to 114 of 114

sam322

so shall i buy marios picross and radar mission

If there is a broil between 3DS and PS VITA, then GO 3DS!!!
My e-mail: [email protected]
youtube aCCOUNT: Sams3dsReviews
3ds friend code:352...

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Urban Chumpion isn't even in the same league as Mario's Picross.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

cheetahman91

Kainard wrote:

Urban Chumpion isn't even in the same league as Mario's Picross.

I know right, it's like a billion times better.

@sam322: Get Mario's Picross and stay far away from Urban Crap Champion.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

BulbasaurusRex

Urban Chumpian isn't even in the same league as Radar Mission.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Geonjaha

Project-L wrote:

Have any of you check the Nintendo eShop lately?

That game is selling and the amount of satisfied owners are very high. Nintendo campaigning their own operation (Potfall) and it's a success. Now let's move on to my operation please, all Urban Champion haters welcome.

Yea...except the problem with the eShop review system is that in order to make a review you need to have bought the game - which most people who hate it wont do looking up the game. Thats not much of a problem, but people that actually buy the game, and hate it enough to quit before an hour of play time wont be able to submit a review. That means reviewers of the game must have wanted to buy it to get it in the first place, and failing that must have played it for an hour at least. Thats why nothing on the eShop has terribly low review scores.

You thought you had us tricked Nintendo - thank god people dont just check the eShop reviews :3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

MrArcade

I wasnt sure if I'd get this at first, considering the review and all that, but I eventually did get it. I have no regrets, no, it might not have been quite worth the money as a single player game. But the fact that it has multiplayer and quicksave make it worth it for me. I find it quite addictive. If any of you have the game and watch gallery game for GBA, its like an advanced version of the modern boxing.

MrArcade

KarrotMan

Both have cases of Ghosting effects, particularly on the street lights, but thats not really a problem for me. I play the game on max 3D and dynamic view on most of the time, yet I find the static camera to be easier in progressing the game. The 3D isn't really helpful but I keep it on since it makes the fights look like dioramas. Overall, I think Arika did an honorable job in attempting to make this game playable but it is still the same old archaic game. I still like it though.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Cakes

After all the hate this game has received over the years, I just had to check it out.... and I'm glad I did. Uber-simple but, somehow, strangely addictive. The first time I played it I kept going for another 40 or so minutes. I've only played a combined 3 or so hours, but still, that's more than most will play a downloadable game on many platforms.
Full disclosure: I was playing it for a review on another site. Check it out if you're curious - http://killscreendaily.com/articles/reviews/reset-urban-champion

Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com and pastemagazine.com
Wii: 1134-6733-6423-3945
3DS: 4682-8453-5026

Link79

You guys are all in denial. The game sucks. Always has always will.
Now excuse me while a play a real fighting game. Hmm perhaps Soul Caliber 2 on my good old Gamecube with Link or maybe something more classic and not as prehistoric as Urban Champion.
Yes I think Street Fighter 2 turbo would do nicely.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

cheetahman91

Waveboy's right. Back in the day there wasn't too much to choose from regarding fighting games so you didn't really have much of a choice. Plus it would've been something else back then. But nowadays if you want a good pre-Street Fighter II fighting game, just say "Screw Urban Champion and all the rest." and get International Karate Plus.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Link79

I didn't care much about fighting games until Street fighter 2 hit the scene.
I doubt anyone else did either. Urban champion was already dead and buried by the time the whole fighting craze started. anyone who is a big fighting game fan didn't get that way playing Urban champion.
It might be cool in a retro sort of way. It just wouldn't hold my interest for more than 10 minutes.
Even fresh off the shelf I doubt anyone was raving over this game.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

LordTendoboy

@WaveBoy

Have you played Pushmo yet? That is a very charming and adorable game, it's about pulling out colored blocks to reach the top of a puzzle.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

KarrotMan

WaveBoy wrote:

Pushmo? Nope, I haven't heard of it. It's so easy to get overwhelemed by all of these 3DS games. I mean you have Retail 3D games, 3DS Ware, 3D Classics, DSware games(which i don't bother with) and the 3DS Virtual Console.
And speaking of the VC, i just downloaded Super Mario Land 2......Bland as hell brain dead stage design aside, the game always seems to put a smile on my face. I know I know, derailing the topic once again hehe.

I'm quite surprised that you're not aware of Pushmo, the killer app of the 3DSware. I'd say if you're planning on buying another game on the eshop, try to consider getting these titles, Pushmo, Mighty Switch force, VVVVVV and Mutant Mudds.

Back on topic, has anyone actually won the 60th round? I always come close at the 58th, but no matter what I always lose to cheap shots. I've already logged around 7 hours in this title, so this is my most played 3d classic. Never knew that the worst game of the bunch would give me the maximum enjoyment.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Skitrules

@jollyollyoni i always lose somewhere between 55 and 65 and i've only played it for 3 hours and i actually find this game quite enjoyable if played at the right time its funny though how just a little while ago i figured out how to play in the cool 3D mode but i dont care for it that much but overall this game is ok. My goal in this game though is to get to round 100

Edited on by Skitrules

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.