Super Mario Run has been out for a little while now, on both Android and iOS, and while it hasn't perhaps been the home run that may have been expected from the famed plumber's debut on smart devices, it's still seen pretty decent success. Nintendo may have stated that major content updates won't be coming for the game, but new events and supplementary changes have been made every now and then, and now a new update has added a little bit more.
Version 2.1.0 is now live, notably adding in support for Game Center / Google Play achievements, increased compatibility with Miitomo, and some new buildings to decorate the kingdom. Here are the full patch notes:
– The maximum number of Toads that can live in your kingdom has increased to 99,999.
– New buildings have been added, including the 8-bit Bowser Statue, Bullet Bill Statue, Bob-omb Statue, and more. Getting them all will be a challenge for players of every skill level! Note: An in-game purchase is required to get certain color Toads required to unlock all buildings.
– Player icon improvements. You can now display your customized Mii character from Miitomo to really show off your fashion sense! (Note: Miitomo is required to use this feature. Miitomo is not available in all countries / regions.)
– You can now find friends from your Nintendo Account.
– Game Center / Google Play achievements have been implemented.
– Other changes and improvements.
What do you think? What other changes would you like to see? What have you thought of Super Mario Run? Drop us a comment in the section below.