Video: Thirty Glorious Minutes Of Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

Yet another excellent but untranslated Sega RPG hits Japan

The last Game Gear Shining Force game, Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict takes place in between the mainline Genesis / Mega Drive titles Shining Force I and II and — as you'd expect — features many, many, fan-pleasing plot threads, characters and general references to the events in both of those games.

Why are we telling you this? Well, the game has just been released on the 3DS Virtual Console in Japan, and we've been putting it through its paces in preparation for a full Matters of Import write up, which is coming very soon. In the meantime, please enjoy the grid-tastic first half hour of this classic handheld adventure.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Kimimi, you're giving me terrible, nightmarish memories of my youth as a PAL gamer that read about everything that was being released in the US and Japan without much of a chance of ever playing any of those awesome games.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

Oh hey, I still have this cartridge! Too bad I got rid of the Game Gear to go with it. Oh well, it's nice to know that when I finally buy a 3DS I can enjoy it all over again!

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

@Kimimi You and me... (stares at his ever increasing pile of Super Famicom and import GameCube game cases)

YT-SutibunDatsW

YT-SutibunDatsW said:

I need to buy this, but not now. I have like 4 games i need to finish, and i keep accidentally starting more up xD

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

I recently downloaded the other Shining Force game gear game. Was not impressed. Bad translations, stupid plot, mostly boring battles. I'll pass on this one.