Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles Gets Zapped

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Peripheral to be bundled in PAL regions.

Chalk it up to either Nintendo's tight relationship with Capcom or an abundance of product, but Capcom has announced that their upcoming zombie blaster Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles will be available in a Zapper bundle in Europe.

This marks the first time Nintendo has allowed the plastic popgun be bundled with a third-party release, or really any game that's not Link's Crossbow Training. In Japan, Capcom launched the ludicrously popular Monster Hunter 3 Tri with optional Classic Controller Pro and black Wii bundles.

US gamers, fret not. GameStop has just announced its pre-order bonus: a t-shirt. Hooray? Yes, hooray indeed, because apart from the typical game logo on the front and back, pulling it over your head will turn your face into a flesh-eating zombie. Well, not a real one. Halloween made easy:

Untitled

So yeah, about that bundle. We've asked a Capcom Europe rep to confirm whether it will cost more than the game alone and if other regions will see this pack. We'll keep you updated.

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

Hmm if it doesn't cost more or at least not much more than the game alone I might get this. When I have a Wii :P

jordanmcc18

jordanmcc18 said:

I hope you can get the game individually without the Wii Zapper because I already have the "Zapper" and I don't think I'd really need a new one! Anyways I'm very excited and will but the release date on my calendar. :)

zmaster101

zmaster101 said:

nintendo and capcom sure are getting chummy, I predict resident evil 5 wii edition!! :)

Machu

Machu said:

I already have a Zapper I never use, I don't want another one.

Want the t-shirt lots though, but then I would, because I can't have it.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

The Zapper was the reason I bought Link's Crossbow training used...that said I really should get a gun shell sometime.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I absolutely love the Wii Zapper, but I'm not getting this pack just to have two. I do want this game though. It's gonna be awesome.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Interesting, but I won't be getting this and I already have a wii zapper with the brilliant link's crossbow training.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

I want the Buck Shot Shotgun for the Wii. That thing looks insane and would be awesome for a game like this.

irken004

irken004 said:

...Does this come with Link's Crossbow training? Just wondering (I have a zapper and LCT already)

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

Bought one with Link's Crossbow training and after a day have never touched it again (even for Link's Crossbow training).

Rebel81

Rebel81 said:

Complete bollocks House of the Dead and Ghost Recon, and even a bundle of both were sold with the zapper.

joshovis

joshovis said:

They already made a custom Resident Evil Shot Blaster gun for Umbrella Chronicles. That is well made and impressive looking. I enjoy playing with it. So why would they revert back to the old nintendo gun?

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

@zmaster101
They have always been chummy. Which is good btw, because they make some of the best 3rd party franchises. :)

I'm kinda glad I'm getting the t-shirt rather than the zapper though. The t-shirt is at least multi-functional! ;)