E3 2007: SoulCalibur Legends
Posted by Anthony Dickens
Namco show off the new direction for its SoulCalibur franchise, this time the action adventure title Legends.
"SoulCalibur, the unparalleled weapon based fighting game franchise, reinvents itself as Soulcalibur Legends, a 3rd person action adventure, exclusively for the Nintendo Wii console.
Soulcalibur Legends follows the 16th century exploits of Siegfried and other Soulcalibur characters, new and old. Siegfried finds himself on a quest for ultimate power in order to save an empire from destruction, bringing him into conflict with other warriors seeking to unify the pieces of the Soul Edge sword. This fateful quest leads to his inevitable possession by the cursed blade.
The Wii Remote and Nunchuk are your weapons of choice as you perform your moves and combos using orchestrated slashes and movements. Master special attacks acquired throughout the adventure while battling through diverse environments, crushing scores of enemies and large bosses. With the help of other Soulcalibur characters, view the Soulcalibur universe in an entirely new light.
- Wii exclusive Designed specifically for the Nintendo Wii, use the Wii remote and Nunchuk to master your character’s suite of attacks in order to unify the pieces of Soul Edge
- Choose your allies wisely Switch between the various characters encountered throughout your adventures to give you more versatility in every situation
- Classic Soulcalibur roster Play and level up as your favorite Soulcalibur characters as you follow their path within history and level up through ranking system
- New enemies and bosses Sword fighting capabilities are pushed to the limit as you encounter a lineup of new enemies and large scale bosses
- Weapon progression Weapons evolve with your experience, giving you added control and more powerful attacks
- Spirit Break Unleash your character’s special Spirit Break attacks to crush your enemies with amazing effects
- Quest mode Play in 12 different environments as the beautiful landscapes serve as your battlefield in 40 quests
- Multiplayer modes Test your skills with or against a friend in various game modes
- Competitive Compete for the highest body count as you defeat the fearsome enemies
- Versus Fight against your friend to determine the true Wii weapon master"
Along with a bunch of screenshots we've also managed to nab this footage of the game: