Big trouble in Mega Tokyo
While it's impossible to look at Akane and not see the influences of some more obvious cultural touchstones – the body-augmentation of Ghost in the Shell; the motorbike-riding rebellion of Akira; the run-down futures of Blade Runner and 2000AD – when you start slashing your katana and unloading bullet death from your...
About The Game
Akane is a brutal arena arcade slasher based on one-hit-one-kill gameplay mechanics where you will:
Face five types of opponents:
- Yakuza Guy - a common mafia pawn;
- Tank - this is the only villain that will require more than just one katana slash to die;
- Shooter - a sharpshooter with cybernetic enhancements. Pro tip: they never miss;
- Cyber Ninja - a warrior who abdicated his body to become a killing machine. His dash attacks are deadly and his defense seems impenetrable. Remember however that everybody has their weak point;
- The Boss - Katsuro, your Nemesis who evolves, gets stronger and more dangerous according to the number of times he gets killed.
Complete missions to unlock new guns and equipment:
- Different pistols;
- Katanas, each with their own unique unique abilities;
- Gadgets that grant small but significant improvements in combat;
- Boots that change the dash and the way you move on the screen.
Make a good use of your special Samurai Skills:
- Dragon Slash - dash forward killing every enemy on your way;
- Dragon Slayer - kill all enemies on the screen.