- Release Date
- 22nd Aug 2005 (USA)
- 7th Oct 2005 (UK/EU)
- 21st Apr 2005 (JPN)
- Nintendogs, Touch Generations
- Feature Support
- Microphone Support
About This Game
Put a puppy inside a Nintendo DS!
- Pick from more than 15 of the most popular dog breeds, including Labradors, Chihuahuas, beagles and more, then care for and train the puppy using the touch screen and microphone.
- Pet the pup, acquire and play with more than 100 items like tennis balls, flying discs and even clothing accessories. Teach your dog to do tricks by creating your own personalized voice commands.
- Train your pups well and compete in obedience and agility trials. Win these competitions to earn cash, which you can use to buy supplies and even more dogs to keep your first puppy company.
- Walk puppies around the town to meet neighborhood dogs or interact wirelessly with friends' Nintendogs using the innovative Bark Mode.
Players care for and train their puppy by petting it, walking it and buying it supplies to play with. As a puppy competes in obedience and agility trials, owners can win money to purchase other puppy breeds.
Puppies from the most popular dog breeds, like Chihuahuas, Labrador retrievers, beagles and German shepherds. There will be more than 15 breeds in all, including breeds not featured in the Japanese versions. The pups will vary in gender, coloration and personality.
Players purchase one of several breeds available at the beginning, then start spending time with their pup. They throw flying discs and balls to improve the pup's agility, bathe it when it gets dirty and use their own personal voice commands to train the dog to do tricks. If players train it well enough, they will excel in obedience and agility trials and disc competitions, which will earn money that they can use to buy other supplies and puppy breeds. When players earn enough cash, they can buy even more puppies to live with their original pup.
Players can socialize their pups by walking them around the town, where they will meet neighborhood dogs, and maybe even find new toys. Trips to the park and gym offer valuable training time to prepare for agility trials and disc competitions. Over time, the pup's stamina will increase so players can explore farther and farther. Players also can interact wirelessly with their friends' Nintendogs – they can set their DS to bark whenever another puppy is within wireless range.